Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Frances as of this year.  (Read 211 times)
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 09:04:35 AM

First of all, that a country declares Bitcoin as legal doesn’t mean that it is now their official money. The official currency for France remains the Euro, it didn’t change at all, Bitcoin is declared as a legal asset and by being legal means that people are free to buy and sell cryptocurrency without having any problems with the government. It’s just like gold, if gold is not legal in a country you won’t be able to trade it.

Secondly, the next place you’re making a mistake is by saying that a country that accepts cryptocurrency will become rich, no you’re wrong it doesn’t work like that. If it works like that then I guess my country would have been a better place and a rich country.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 01:47:06 PM

the main significance of this news is that they are now recognizing bitcoin as a legal currency which is the main goal. unlike some other countries that see bitcoin as a legal "asset", "security", and other weird things like that to tax it more, some other countries such as France and Japan (and i think at least 3 others) consider it a currency.
Well, I think it's a big step, then! If Bitcoin's currency there, does it mean that there're no special taxes on it, and it is in an equal position with EUR?

logically that should be the next move although i haven't seen anything in the news regarding how they are going to define the tax laws about bitcoin.
but in any case the most important thing is that it increases the legitimacy of bitcoin as a currency specially in a world where there is a ton of FUD about bitcoin every day.

@pooya87 indeed very few countries consider bitcoin as a legal currency yet, and I’m delighted to know that France has declared bitcoins as a legal tender out there. Furthermore there was a update regarding Bitcoins tax status few months ago announced by Bruno Le Maire, the French minister for the economy:

Bruno Le Maire, the French minister for the economy, has revealed that the government will not be imposing taxes on crypto-to-crypto trades. The policymaker made his statement in an interview with Bloomberg on September 12, 2019, stating that they will only be taxing cryptocurrency gains when they are converted into fiat.

Read more details here: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/france-takes-out-tax-requirements-on-crypto-to-crypto-trades
garyrowe

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 01:54:33 PM

The good news about the crypto community, yesterday, French court calls bitcoin as legal currency. Bitcoin is official now official money in France. We should expect now that they will be going to support the bitcoin mining machine in their country and they will going to boost up the bitcoin in their country.

So the lending, trading, investing, buying and selling of different currencies in their country are all allowed now. The thing about this is bitcoin becomes so good in different country, bitcoin became so known in different country all over the world, they already see the benefits of different currencies, Cryptocurrency is much safer and faster than fiat currency in terms of transactions, because, you don't even need to make effort, go to some establishment to progress the transactions, all things can be done through the use of internet, that is what I really want in cryptocurrency.

The good thing about other cryptocurrencies that accept it in their land, is they may earn so much money compared to what fiat currencies can give to them.

Aside from that, it is good for investing and trading because for sure you will earn from it, because of the volatility of cryptocurrencies.
This news alongside that of South Korea recognising Bitcoin as a currency comes to the crypto space at the time its much needed. If France which is one of the world super powers recognises Bitcoin it means it is only a matter of time before every other country of the world recognises Bitcoin as a true currency and a legal tender.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 03:02:46 PM

I always admire country that fully legalized bitcoin. Last time India lifted the ban in cryptocurrency. Now, France is doing some advancement, too. Supporting any bitcoin activities will attract more people to engage in this kind of optimistic innovation. I just do hope people will not abused bitcoin in terms of using it in illegal way. Anyway, good job France. Other countries should reconsider legalizing bitcoin, too.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 03:15:51 PM

That will be really hard for some countries in my opinion. As you can see now, most countries who have accepted bitcoin and have considered bitcoin is like money just in developed countries. We have known privously that German and Japan have done it and some countries as well but I forget them.

But have you realize that there is no devoloping countries who considered that bitcoin is money? Most of them only regulated it as an investment only nothing more about it. I'm really hoping that they realized immediately, especially in my country which I hope my government accept bitcoin as payment system and sending money tool.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: