Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start on an external monitor after resetting windows?  (Read 83 times)
BTC Turkiye (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 254

Anlik Coin Fiyatlari BTCkur.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2020, 05:49:09 AM

The monitor on my laptop was broken and I was using it with external monitors. I decided to reset/reformat the entire windows 10

So it removed all the data and restarted the laptop but now external monitors don't show anything and the main monitor is broken. The laptop works I can hear it. But It doesnt show anything on the main screen nor on the other monitors.

*I tried to restart it by closing the lid of the laptop but that didn't do anything either. I've also pressed on the F4 fn buttons to change the monitor but no luck. I think I'm stuck pretty bad because it was a reset and this is suppose to be the first time starting the laptop after a reset and I have no idea what is suppose to show on my screen and which steps to follow without seeing anything.*

Please help!

Farklı Borsaların Anlık Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum ve Bitcoin Cash Kurunu Takip Edebilirsiniz.
BTCkur.com
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 08:53:45 AM

The monitor on my laptop was broken and I was using it with external monitors. I decided to reset/reformat the entire windows 10

So it removed all the data and restarted the laptop but now external monitors don't show anything and the main monitor is broken. The laptop works I can hear it. But It doesnt show anything on the main screen nor on the other monitors.

*I tried to restart it by closing the lid of the laptop but that didn't do anything either. I've also pressed on the F4 fn buttons to change the monitor but no luck. I think I'm stuck pretty bad because it was a reset and this is suppose to be the first time starting the laptop after a reset and I have no idea what is suppose to show on my screen and which steps to follow without seeing anything.*

Please help!

You have possibly problems with the drivers of your laptop, this is why you cannot see anything on the external monitor.
Try installing the updated drivers and maybe the monitors are going to be "accepted" on your laptop.
BTC Turkiye (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 01:08:02 AM

It's not a driver problem

Farklı Borsaların Anlık Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum ve Bitcoin Cash Kurunu Takip Edebilirsiniz.
BTCkur.com
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 04:59:44 AM

With the laptops i have used, simply having the external monitor plugged before you turn it on was enough to make it display the bios etc. After that its the OS that handles it.

Newer laptops i'm not very sure. Sometimes you can see a monitor logo in one of the keyboard keys, and use fn that to cycle internal/external/both (and some default to NOT use the fn key, whatever).

If you manage to get into the bios you might see a similar option as well.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 06:04:18 AM

What's your laptop? use an hdmi cable connecting to external monitor.

If it didn't work, use a VGA cable whatever works and applicable for your laptop.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BTC Turkiye (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 12:00:10 AM

I agree with the soultions above and I tried them all. They would work in normal times but this is THE FIRST TIME STARTING AFTER RESETTING WINDOWS 10. So I think that's why it doesnt just send the screen to other monitors when I try the solutions above. That's why I got stuck

BTCkur.com
gmakaveli

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:17:38 AM

I agree with the soultions above and I tried them all. They would work in normal times but this is THE FIRST TIME STARTING AFTER RESETTING WINDOWS 10. So I think that's why it doesnt just send the screen to other monitors when I try the solutions above. That's why I got stuck

Try pressing win+O (might need to press enter afterwards). This combination switches between screens, there are 4 modes, so try pressing it a couple times to get the right setup
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1038

Death to enemies!

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 03:41:04 AM

Many laptops have hotkeys for switching to external display implemented trough driver software. So it is a driver problem due to unprepared attempt to reset Windows. Replacing the broken LCD with one from eBay is best and permanent solution.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: