Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:46:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers in a top exchanges telegram groups  (Read 1890 times)
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 09:31:18 PM

I have faced this problem every time when I asked help in any familiar crypto exchange group! This is why all the exchange's admin wrote in their name that Admin won't pm you first! Binance did a great job, to prevent these shit scammers, binance closed all the help services from telegram! If you need any kind of help, you have to ask through Binance website help desk, not in telegram group!
Its always that have in a telegram group even do we ask only a simple question it will automatically respond or PM you in a different person. But for I did not concern about them I deleted them or block so that it cant back anymore. And yes thats the best way if we have any problem in binance or any big exchange sites must better to go through help desk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harapan

Activity: 1708
Merit: 298

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 09:53:43 PM

yes there are very many scammers there besides they ask the question you mentioned they will also ask
"give me your email address to help check it out"
if you really have a problem with an exchange you should not ask the telegram but directly send an email to the exchange so scammers don't try to trick you

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2020, 10:41:34 PM

This is for all newbies and those who don't know, please share among friends

Every single telegram channels or groups of crypto exchanges are tagged by scammers, be extremely careful

The moment you have a problem with an exchange you will instantly get messages from people claiming to be team of the exchange, you can get the following messages

1. How can we help you?
2. What problem are you facing on our exchange?

They will pretend to be the exchange help service and they will ask you to make deposit to get your issue resolved, honestly if you aren't familiar with scammers you can easily fall victim

Group channel of exchanges like binance, kucoin, Okex, huobi are full of scammers waiting for people that needs the team help to resolve an issue, be wise

Apart from exchange telegram groups that are full of scammers and impersonators i currently use a couple of wallet and crypto banking based apps and i had a login issue so i posted about it in their telegram group and i was contacted by 3-4 fake admins directly via PM which i identified as fake and saved myself, usually these scammers ask to send some eth kr btc to resolve the issue, i hope no one will fall for these scammers.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 11:23:42 PM

Just remember the admins of the exchanges will not DM first and if someone DM you and will introduce to you that he/she is an admin then ignore that user, that is a scammer.
That's something that already sounded in the group. I have been getting so many chats from the scammers asking for the money to help me. hell yeah, but there were so many scammers in telegram. We must also report the scammer to make him getting banned by the admin.

Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 11:42:24 PM

Virtually everyone who has been in this space for quite sometimes would have an encounter with scammers ravaging telegram groups. I always feel for newbies who just joined the crypto market without much knowledge about how things work around here. We need frequent post such as this to remind people especially the noobs of how dangerous it is transacting through telegram DMs
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 11:45:53 PM

Just remember the admins of the exchanges will not DM first and if someone DM you and will introduce to you that he/she is an admin then ignore that user, that is a scammer.
That's something that already sounded in the group. I have been getting so many chats from the scammers asking for the money to help me. hell yeah, but there were so many scammers in telegram. We must also report the scammer to make him getting banned by the admin.
usually when you get a private message you should be able to see first whether it is the admin of the telegram group or not and as much as possible to not be affected by anything that is not until you spend money on the telegram because it often happens scams.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 07:14:07 AM

I think scammers will always go to where they will have huge targets and funny enough it is in exchanges telegram group. No matter the exchange, there will always be scammers who will clone the account of the main admins to scam people, which is why it is very important that anytime you join an exchange telegram group or any telegram group at all, be careful of private messages that will start dropping in once you ask a question.

TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 07:41:30 AM

Scammers are everywhere, they find any means possible to scam people, no single social media online that's free of scammers, Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, LinkedIn etc, if you are into crypto full time you need to stay away from strangers online, change the privacy settings of your telegram and others, make sure no one message you unless you message them first.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 07:46:23 AM

Scammers are everywhere, they find any means possible to scam people, no single social media online that's free of scammers, Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, LinkedIn etc, if you are into crypto full time you need to stay away from strangers online, change the privacy settings of your telegram and others, make sure no one message you unless you message them first.
Yes scammers are everywhere not just in telegram group. So if you're not careful when someone message you about your concern in a specific exchange, you might end up as their victim. Thus verify first if the one who message you is a legit part of the team and not asking for deposit before addressing your problem.

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2020, 08:29:13 AM

You are very right,thanks for the sensitization, these scammers would go at any length to reap one of his earnings,newbies really needs to be careful,once you ask if an admin in such exchange telegram group,before you know it, you will have loads of private messages acting like they are the admin. We really need to be careful

Scammers can find you not only in telegram groups, they are everywhere. They may try to contact you via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels. Therefore, you should always be careful and remember that you do not have to make a prepayment for an unproven service, and your private key must be secure.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 09:51:54 AM

Every single telegram channels or groups of crypto exchanges are tagged by scammers, be extremely careful

The moment you have a problem with an exchange you will instantly get messages from people claiming to be team of the exchange, you can get the following messages

1. How can we help you?

They will pretend to be the exchange help service and they will ask you to make deposit to get your issue resolved, honestly if you aren't familiar with scammers you can easily fall victim

Group channel of exchanges like binance, kucoin, Okex, huobi are full of scammers waiting for people that needs the team help to resolve an issue, be wise

I agreed that there are a lot of people in Telegram claiming they are part of the team in the exchange platform.
I've seen it several times, every time I have a concern issues regarding about coins to their platform, then once I sent a message
to their officials telegram channel and sent my concern about my coins, at once there are many of them giving me a message and asking about what is my issue, but I ignored them because I know they are scammer. But anyway thanks for the reminders here as well.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 09:35:41 PM

yes there are very many scammers there besides they ask the question you mentioned they will also ask
"give me your email address to help check it out"
if you really have a problem with an exchange you should not ask the telegram but directly send an email to the exchange so scammers don't try to trick you
If they request like that must better ignore or block them early so that they cant PM anymore but they can easily make many account as they want to, I dont give them my information to the people I didn't know yet because as of now to many scammer doing that asking our KYC or information we have so they can scam on us. And yes go directly to support or email them actually it can easily them to reply early.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 05:58:00 PM

Scammers are everywhere. Where money goes scammers come. And in this market there a a lots of scamers. Almost every exchange group have huge amount of scammers. Those who are old in this market. Know how to handle them. But they are highly dangerous for new comers. They act like they are the admin and overtook your profile. So new comers be careful don't talk with unknown. And never share your information to anybody.

giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1242

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 07:03:19 PM

1. How can we help you?

It is something that I noticed too, as soon as you join a group of crypto or exchange or mining and ask for help you are promptly contacted by people who pretend to be admin. In the beginning, in order not to be suspicious, they help you and then ask you for an account password to make the help definitive. Fortunately, real administrators warn you that they never go first in DM

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 07:04:45 PM

Scammers are everywhere. Where money goes scammers come. And in this market there a a lots of scamers. Almost every exchange group have huge amount of scammers. Those who are old in this market. Know how to handle them. But they are highly dangerous for new comers. They act like they are the admin and overtook your profile. So new comers be careful don't talk with unknown. And never share your information to anybody.
If you are going to the telegram channel and ask something publicly you will get a bunch of private unknown players posing as an exchange representative and if you avoid those then no one is going to scam you. Just have your skepticism from a random unknown message and you are fine even if you are new user or an old user, just be smart and you can get rid of scammers.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 07:25:56 PM

Unfortunately, the parasites you mentioned are in almost every Telegram group.  I am afraid to ask questions in such groups in some cases just because of these people.  Also, I do not know if such people keep any records, but after someone sends a message, spam messages continue to come for 2-3 days.  I really wonder if there is someone who believes in these people and sends money.
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 08:38:49 PM

Unfortunately, the parasites you mentioned are in almost every Telegram group.  I am afraid to ask questions in such groups in some cases just because of these people.  Also, I do not know if such people keep any records, but after someone sends a message, spam messages continue to come for 2-3 days.  I really wonder if there is someone who believes in these people and sends money.
there is a lot os, such people, I think, because if there were no such people, then scammers would stop their activities, but there are more and more scammers now, which means that there are also more stupid people

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
SarangWallet

Activity: 411
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 09:27:26 PM

1. How can we help you?

Yes. I also experience this often. They ask to pay an amount in the form of ETH. If anyone has problems with Exchange or Wallet, it's best to contact the admin personally to avoid scammers.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 10:50:28 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2020, 09:29:58 PM by StephenJH

1. How can we help you?

Yes. I also experience this often. They ask to pay an amount in the form of ETH. If anyone has problems with Exchange or Wallet, it's best to contact the admin personally to avoid scammers.
The year is 2020 and naive people still believe impersonators, scammers especially on the open social media. Even though there are a lot of topics, which people speak about scammers and advice to stay away from them. At the same time, it is just awful to see new victims. To tell the truth, the 5 person from 10 is enough to scam for scammers but this rate has been dropped to 2 max  3 person thanks to education and help of experts. l hope there will be fewer people who fall into their scams.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2020, 11:47:27 PM

I think scammers will always go to where they will have huge targets and funny enough it is in exchanges telegram group. No matter the exchange, there will always be scammers who will clone the account of the main admins to scam people, which is why it is very important that anytime you join an exchange telegram group or any telegram group at all, be careful of private messages that will start dropping in once you ask a question.
Besides, every official admin will surely give a warning that they never send DM beforehand. Means, if there is someone who claims the admin did it, that's a scammer. We must be very aware of this.
Immediately report the account, use the features in the telegram, then notify the official admin to give a warning to other members.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: