Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello DarkStar_. How about adding a compulsory avatar for chipmixer campaign?  (Read 683 times)
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 03:28:43 PM
Merited by AdolfinWolf (1)

Might be worth keeping the thread open just a little bit longer to allow those in the campaign who oppose your suggestion to put their case forward.  Might be interesting to hear why they need even more money.

Why so judgmental? And why does the amount even matter?

I mean you wear a signature too. Is the amount really relevant? Be it 100 sats or 1cBTC, the principle is the same to some. For someone not using their avatar, and being offered to wear another one for a payment, what would be any valid reason not to do it, besides not liking what the avatar is advertising?

In my case for instance I don't NEED the money from my signature. Most people don't I reckon. Most people live comfortably without that extra income. So why do they still do it?

Question applies to you too Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 03:47:08 PM

Might be worth keeping the thread open just a little bit longer to allow those in the campaign who oppose your suggestion to put their case forward.  Might be interesting to hear why they need even more money.

Why so judgmental? And why does the amount even matter?

I mean you wear a signature too. Is the amount really relevant? Be it 100 sats or 1cBTC, the principle is the same to some. For someone not using their avatar, and being offered to wear another one for a payment, what would be any valid reason not to do it, besides not liking what the avatar is advertising?

In my case for instance I don't NEED the money from my signature. Most people don't I reckon. Most people live comfortably without that extra income. So why do they still do it?

Question applies to you too Smiley

I'm not being "so judgemental" time to zip that fly up.

To answer your question, here is my reasoning which I just posted in another thread:

In the last month I've started wearing signatures - the funds I've received so far I'm splitting and putting aside for future long term projects. 

In theory a portion (25%) to a retirement fund (not my only source of retirement mind you), (25%) fund lightning network channels (more the merrier I guess) and one or two other projects once I work out what they are.  (possibly 50/50 split of the remainder to buy alt crypto (25% overall) and buy items (final 25%) such as gems from roughswap in this thread: Swapping gemstones for coins)

The OP was talking about adding an avatar.  In this now locked thread I advertise I will rent my Avatar under the following circumstances:

✅ Campaign or Sig+Avatar package

I'm not inclined to rent out *just* my avatar, hence my taking the OP's side.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 04:21:47 PM

From what I've seen, especially at the peak of the ICO/bounty-spam, many people (in poor countries) really needed that income. I think (but never actually checked for it) most users in the CM-campaign live in countries where the money is nice, but far from enough to make a living. If you'd live in for instance Vietnam you can probably live comfortably with just a Bitcoin paying signature campaign. But if you start relying on it, you're risking your everything when the campaign ends.

asche
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 04:25:27 PM

I'm aware of that loycev, hence the use of the word "most" Smiley
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 04:32:28 PM

Well, I wish I could be one of them though Cheesy Laptop, beach, umbrealla, Piña coladas, I could get used to that!

PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 04:53:25 PM

The current form of advertising is probably not the most efficient for Chipmixer compared to other campaigns. I am guessing they haven’t done any kind of market analysis to see how much they need to pay to maximize their advertising coin in quite some time.
I'm guessing they just don't mind the cost, and they do like Bitcointalk:
You cannot even trust Google on this
Some companies (Google) will advertise known scams. Some people (theymos) will not advertise possible scam (ICOs) even if it costs them (around 9 BTC per week). This is a reason why ChipMixer buy ads at this forum and not on Google.
I don't think google accepts crypto, which to be honest, is the real reason why ChipMixer doesn't buy ads on google. As of now, I believe Google's policy on financial services would not allow ChipMixer to buy ads on google.

My point was not about the medium the advertising is purchased on, my point is about the price being paid for ads being higher than what is available elsewhere. They are paying up to $5 that other companies are paying $1 for. If you look at the last few times slots have opened up, there were dozens of applications for each available slot. You don't see this for other signature campaigns some other signature campaigns are having trouble filling all their slots.

I am guessing they haven’t done any kind of market analysis to see how much they need to pay to maximize their advertising coin in quite some time.
I don't know if that's true or not, but my guess is they're seeing a return on their advertising dollars since the campaign has gone on for so long.  I doubt they'd still be running the campaign if they weren't seeing results.
You don't have a referral link on your signature, so I doubt they have a solid idea as to their return on their investment. My guess is they are profitable enough to pay all their advertising costs. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of their operations is run via automation. They may even top off the money DS is holding on their behalf automatically, and they may even use some kind of chatbot for communications.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 09:35:18 PM

Most that you've encountered... you probably don't hang around spam threads (for good reason) thus avoiding the hordes of egregious spammers. I have no doubt that they actually do need the money, considering the number of alt chains we've witnessed over the years and the quality of posts they produce. If you set a goal for a few thousand reports, you'll learn to find spam... and note how easy it is to do so.

Were it not for the signature campaigns, I doubt at least 75% of the forum would stay active on the forum.
Free market dynamics. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

asche
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 04:50:02 PM

To be exact, my remark about most people was only about people being accepted in bitcoin/better paying campaigns.

For obvious reasons these people have higher chances of being born in a country where there is higher education/english courses etc.

I'm well aware that the CM pay is more than average pay in most countries, but I'm also aware that most CM members are not from third world countries. Simple as that Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: