Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was an altcoin the first coin you owned, and do you own bitcoin now ?  (Read 545 times)
Bigeyeone (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:56:18 AM

I am wondering whether altcoins, attract people to get invoked with cryptocurrencies and whether people once they became interested in cryptocurrencies because of an altcoin now also own bitcoin

my first cryptocurrency was bitcoin, but I stopped mining them after ASICS came out, I did have a pre-order for 2 ASICS devices from BFL, but luckily I was able to cancel my pre-order and get my money back, because they were not up to specifications as advertised during the pre-order.

I then sold all the bitcoins I had mined and lost interest in bitcoin.

But then on youtube, where I been following Bill Still, I heard about quark and this lead me back to this forum and then I started mining scrybe coins and quark and now I am a bitcoin holder again and im not selling them.

anyone have a similar experience ?

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

I am wondering whether altcoins, attract people to get invoked with cryptocurrencies and whether people once they became interested in cryptocurrencies because of an altcoin now also own bitcoin

For me, it was the other way around. I first became involved in Bitcoin and then discovered altcoins.
unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

I got my first coins from a dev coin faucet. It took me a while tofind a way to buy bitcoins.
sudoku

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:14:06 PM

bitcoin -> litecoin -> dogecoin

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

started out litecoin mining, but now mostly in bitcoin.  was more familliar with GPU technology than asic, so i bought tech i knew best how to operate, calculate break even, and resell.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
yousufshad97

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:42:01 PM

Heard about btc, investigated in cryptos, invested in doge, sold doge to btc, realized how douche-like the btc community is and am now happily back with doge Smiley
shepp

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:58:32 PM

Got stuck with some useless shitcoins. I want to dump them for bitcoins, but not unless they go up to a higher price than I was stupid enough to pay for them.
yousufshad97

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:07:23 PM

Got stuck with some useless shitcoins. I want to dump them for bitcoins, but not unless they go up to a higher price than I was stupid enough to pay for them.

which coins?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

For me the first one was LTC and I wish I was smart enough to hole on to them before the price jumped up to it more current positions. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: