Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO encourages use of digital payments due to COVID19  (Read 390 times)
bittraffic

Activity: 2982
Merit: 614

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2020, 01:32:46 PM

China's DCEP seem would lead all countries to also have a digital currency which I guess these digital currencies will be added to the markets also including the crypto market.

If all these will happen, the crypto market will be easy to access by regular people also and they will all be buying when they have access. Its the only reason why most of the people didn't buy BTC is because they have no idea where to start.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Soldierswitlittlefaith

Activity: 239
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2020, 01:53:08 PM

ah, i taught WHO said the virus can be  spread through person2person contact ,flight  ...ecc which lead them toward's locking-us down for months even in countries like Africa (NIGERIA) were they depend on a daily labour for survival. Citizen were LOCK-down by BUHARI without any tangible provision (food,sanitary..) by Govt or WHO.

Now, the virus has started spreading through money Shocked!!

well, well,

Note to WHO: you've asked me to atleast give 1 meter distance for safety measures. I giving 3 meters because i'm very generous. now, what next?

Thanks
Soldierwitlittlefaith
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 02:07:34 PM

People should be really doing that but here in our place, this kind of payment is not really that easy. 2 stores accepts cards, how much more if we will be using mobile phones. People are still sticking to fiat even though it has a higher possibility of passing the virus to other people.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 03:02:18 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 05:40:21 AM by GDragon

I think it is starting, not in crypto but in fiat. My city started using an E-wallet to distribute money to its people specially to those affected by the lockdown. 500k people received money through their e-wallets, including me. If there are people who don't have an E-wallet yet, the city will create an e-wallet for them using their phone numbers. So a lot of citizen here who doesn't even know that an e-wallet exist just received a text that they just received money to their e-wallets. They can pay their bills using the e-wallet too, or they can convert it to the nearest money outlets.

I just helped my parents verifying their first ever e-wallet.
I'm interested in hearing/reading more about this, do you have an article you could link me to so I could read more about the e-wallet (or would you mind telling me which area is it so I could look it up)?

I wonder how the elderly will get accustomed to this new e-wallet. I know tech has to advance and stuff and it sure does look like the only way everyone's pushing for is cashless, but this will be a very big headache for those older. I have family members who don't even know how to use a mobile phone. Give them an "e-wallet" and there goes the hunger Cheesy

Sure, here's an article. GCash to disburse financial assistance to 500,000 Makati residents

Same, a lot in my compound doesn't even own an android phone, all they had is a keypad phone. I hope they can borrow others phone so they can get their money. Actually the first choice is that the money will be given to our MAKATIZEN CARD . However, only few of the citizens own this card because some didn't even see the use of this card when the city launch it last 2018 I think, now they know why it's important during this times. Those who already own a Makatizen card receive it in just days after the announcement.

Unfortunately, it will take a few weeks longer to receive the money if you don't own a Makatizen card yet, it takes longer to print a card. That's why Gcash(the e-wallet) is a savior. 6 days after online registration, you'll receive the financial assistance in your e-wallet. What's good is there's no deadline in applying for the program as long as they are qualified.

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 06:36:26 PM

Fiat is the most common material that can easily transmit the virus we should stop using it and go cashless. This could be the perfect time to get rid of fiat and digital, people should start educating themselves about crypto and other digital payments.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1890
Merit: 370

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 08:19:35 PM

Guys calm down, yes bitcoin is a digital payment platform but not all digital payments are bitcoin, there are plenty of other methods. For example right now banks are working overtime on making app payments a lot more common and adopted. That way the machines you use for credit card payments will show some sort of QR code that was generated, and with the QR code that generates you open your bank app on your phone and will be paying it. It is already happening here a bit more often, there is also cards that you do not even touch to pay and so forth.

Basically digital payments doesn't equal to bitcoin, just calm down. Millions of people literally learned to buy the grocery needs online as well, so right now we are even one more step closer to just buying everything online.

Yes, when we say digital transactions, not everyone will think of cryptocurrency. But because of this fear of getting affected by the virus, some people are already learning how to use e-wallets and other payment apps, which is a good stepping stone for digital payments. It gives more chances for cryptocurrency to be recognized because people are now adapting to digital payment. Maybe not now, but sooner cryptocurrency can also be an option by most people when it comes to transactions.
It doesn't tell any direct relation with the cryptocurrency though we are talking digital payments however cryptocurrency is broad part of digital payment, actually it is the half of that since we only have digital fiat currency and cryptocurrency. Thus this will help to promote the cryptocurrency too with ease as most of people are turning digital now from basic transaction to online banking since there is a present heath concern and it's not that vague that people will get interested with cryptocurrency too.

I have hope that the recognition of cryptocurrency will grow more after this. Until now, we are still facing the same issue and we are not sure until when we will have to continue living with this virus. If people are already practicing "new normal" ways of living, it's also better if they could also learn to use digital payment methods.
It will going to, definitely. As doctors and scientists are studying this virus, I've read in a news that it might be a normal viral disease and it will become common even they develop a vaccine like measles and rubella, with this, there is a huge chance of digital payment system to be more active than ever.
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 08:48:16 PM

Fiat is the most common material that can easily transmit the virus we should stop using it and go cashless. This could be the perfect time to get rid of fiat and digital, people should start educating themselves about crypto and other digital payments.

Crypto would always remain as an option but surely wont able to get the spot light since we have been using credit/debit cards for how many years
or even decades.If this suggestion do talks about digital payments then people would just simply switch up to e-fiat transactions that's why I don't really
believing that much that crypto would be considered this time around but at least it will make out some noise when we do talk about digital payments.
Sooner or later, if this pandemic would be over then people would simply go back into things that they've been used to and going back to
use paper.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████