Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitaddress says I have .1 bitcoin but after importing to blockchain.com it is 0  (Read 245 times)
cyptomania (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 01:58:04 AM

I found my old paper wallet with the Public key and Private key,I checked the balance at Bitaddress and it's .1 bitcoin,so I imported it to Blockchain.com and was all happy,when it got there it has a balance of 0 but it still reads .1 BTC at Bitaddress.com

Is this a glitch or is it 0 ?

Any info for me would be great,thanks.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8068

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 02:41:37 AM

I found my old paper wallet with the Public key and Private key,I checked the balance at Bitaddress and it's .1 bitcoin,so I imported it to Blockchain.com and was all happy,when it got there it has a balance of 0 but it still reads .1 BTC at Bitaddress.com

Is this a glitch or is it 0 ?

Any info for me would be great,thanks.

Never heard of bitaddress.com let alone used it to check a balance.  What's the public key?
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 03:08:05 AM

What's the address? Check it on explorer maybe.

Anyway, if you're talking about the bitaddress that most people use, it's bitaddress.org.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 04:54:05 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2020, 08:42:59 AM by Heisenberg_Hunter

Let us know the Bitcoin address so that we could check the balance in block explorer initially. I would recommend you to switch over to wallets like Electrum instead of risking your private key by importing it to blockchain.info wallet. The wallet itself is prone to some bugs and if you tend to input your keys in a wrong phishing web wallet you would lose your bitcoin as well.

If the address really does have private key to spend the Bitcoins, then download Electrum from https://electrum.org/#home and import your keys. Probably based on the address type (3,1,bc1), you could type the prefix.

• If your address starts with 3, type p2wpkh-p2sh: address
  • If your address starts with bc1, type p2wpkh:address
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 03:44:11 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), ABCbits (1)

Whatever software you use, and I would recommend against using any online websites such as bitaddress.org unless its merely just checking your balance; be sure to verify the checksum to assure that you've downloaded from a legitimate source. This is the only way to assure that what you have downloaded hasn't been tampered with. As for other online wallets like exchanges its up to you whether you think its worth the risk for a "small" amount, but I'd recommend against that if at all possible.

If you've imported your private key into bitaddress.com or any other online wallet service then I would consider your private key compromised from here on out.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 07:39:14 PM

How can you access this bitaddress.com website?
It's not working in my side with or without VPN and I tried to check the website on archive.org and other tools it always shows "server error" the same as what I experienced and other tools show no DNS records.

Are you sure about the domain extension? or you might be talking about bitaddress.org which is a bitcoin wallet generator?

Well, if the blockchain shows 0 zero balance it means you don't have a balance and maybe what you saw from bitaddress com is fake. If you sent a BTC on that wallet before and it shows zero on blockchain well, your Bitcoin is lost forever there is no way to retrieve them back. You might be scam by someone or you've been generated a fake wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 08:00:31 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2020, 09:25:17 AM by Heisenberg_Hunter
Merited by vapourminer (2)

How can you access this bitaddress.com website?
The OP should probably be referring to www.bitaddress.org They are open source indeed and have been one among the best source for generating Paper wallets in a secure offline environment.

Well, if the blockchain shows 0 zero balance it means you don't have a balance and maybe what you saw from bitaddress com is fake. If you sent a BTC on that wallet before and it shows zero on blockchain well, your Bitcoin is lost forever there is no way to retrieve them back. You might be scam by someone or you've been generated a fake wallet.
This might be due to OP checking up the bitcoin balance in other blockchains like BCH. Either way, there is no other go to check the wallet balance other than importing private keys in bitaddress.org and viewing them in a blockexplorer. So OP should have pasted his private key in bitaddress and verified the balance and would have posted the varied address alone in blockchain and could have verified it in other non-btc blockchains or addresses with 0 balance.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 11:08:04 PM

~snip~
This might be due to OP checking up the bitcoin balance in other blockchains like BCH. Either way, there is no other go to check the wallet balance other than importing private keys in bitaddress.org. So OP should have pasted his private key in bitaddress and verified the balance and would have posted the address alone in blockchain and could have verified it in other non-btc blockchains.

How bitaddress.org shows wallet balance? I can't find this feature on bitaddress I tried to import a dummy private key on "wallet details" but it only shows QR code, Public key and private key compress and uncompressed.

So, where do you think you can check the balance of your wallet through bitaddress?

And honestly, it's not safe to import the private key to online generators like bitaddress while you are connected to the internet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████