Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will coronavirus encourage people to use crypto more thoroughly?  (Read 1101 times)
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 06:51:16 PM

if the main thing about online transactions is crypto, a good choice for transactions as long as the corona virus continues and this will have an impact on crypto adoption. I mean like people are interested in or taking part in cryptoqurrency. but we all hope that the corona virus trend will end soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anonimogmr

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 07:07:37 PM

Why would people change to cryptocurrencies only because they want to stop using cash? They can still use fiat money electronically with debit or credit cards and there are numerous apps to pay with fiat. Unfortunately it seems that cash will gradually become obsolete and unless people understand the fundamentals of some cryptocurrencies and want a decentralized currency, they are still going to use fiat money electronically.
brokenrecords

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 07:07:51 PM

In times of COVID Digital money is the perfect solution - no touching, no transmission.
Digital currencies such as TemTum which are actively in talks with governments to provide them with a national digital currency are going to come out of this stronger than ever.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 10:20:44 PM

I also heard a similar bike, but I assume that this is just a joke or a hunch. There is no information that the virus is transmitted through money.
Most of the reasons are handshakes and constant touching your face with dirty hands, this leads to a high degree of infection.
Given that everyone will be in complete isolation, it is possible that people will begin to look at cryptocurrencies that have fallen in price as an opportunity for investment.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 10:40:10 PM

Maybe, but we are my really sure about that. I already heard that lots of people in China are no longer making use of bank notes and are now making use of WeChat Pay, whereas for other countries it is PayPal. People might be avoid cryptocurrencies because they are volatile, stable coins don’t even stand a chance here because no one knows about them, unlike Bitcoin you’re not going to find places where stable coins are being accepted.

Maybe a time will come when people will start investing in Bitcoin, all these things might have happened and discouraged a lot of people, but don’t be surprised that the price might pump at anytime.

As the pandemic continues to expand across the world, people will rely on digital payments to prevent contagions in every way. It's no secret that physical cash transports germs and bacteria when its goes from hand to hand. While traditional payment processors and credit cards can be still used in the online world, they're not as cheap and convenient as crypto is. Cryptocurrencies provide more flexibility to anyone worldwide since they're not controlled by any central authority. Sending a payment through crypto is like sending physical cash in the digital realm. After all, physical cash is anonymous and fungible. We already have cryptocurrencies like Monero and Zcash which fits the bill nicely. Using credit cards or traditional payment processors might take even days for your payment to process (not to mention that there's no privacy whatsoever). But everything will depend on a specific person's needs whenever he/she wants to use Fiat online or crypto for daily payments.

With the life-threatening coronavirus changing our lives completely, I believe that cyberspace will grow like never before. This is still the beginning, as people are cashing out everything for Fiat in order to pay for their necessities. But once the banking system collapses in its entirety, it's hoped that there will be renewed interest into crypto itself. I'm confident that this will be the year of crypto as people use it as a safe-haven against the existent monetary system. It'll be a slow process, but we'll get there soon. Considering that crypto is decentralized, it's a resilient form of money that's able to withstand anything in its path. People will realize that it's a better option than Fiat, leading towards increased mainstream adoption of crypto and Blockchain tech like never before. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 10:44:14 PM

Coronavirus is actively transmitted without the use of money. I dont think that this will encourage people to use cashless payments, including cryptocurrencies.

davesscenario

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 10:46:31 PM

Right now im buying Tem.
When the market settles post corona the price will rise, plus news of it making deals to become a national digital currency for more that one country...I wouldnt be surprised to see it go $1+
akwfleaspirit

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 10:00:25 PM

Coronavirus is a different thing entirely and Cryptocurrency is another different thing entirely, not everyone in the world knows about cryptocurrency, but am sure the whole world knows about coronavirus. If people are gonna use crypto, it definitely depends on them. But I don't see coronavirus as a reason to use or rely on cryptocurrency... Cryptocurrency is a form of investment and not a cure for coronavirus.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 10:15:10 PM

Coronavirus is actively transmitted without the use of money. I dont think that this will encourage people to use cashless payments, including cryptocurrencies.
Actively transmitted without the use of money, but there is a chance of transmitting through money, right? Then why risk it? Just because the virus can transmit through 50 different ways, does not mean that we should no longer care and take precautions of not transmitting it through money. The virus can live us to 24 hours on paper. And remember, the money is goes through the hands of at least more than 10 people in one single day and carries lots of other germs along with it. If people know how many different kinds of germs exist on a paper money, they would start opting in for cashless payment system.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 08:32:31 AM

That is really possible mate, as of now, as we are under community quarantine and we are all at our home, surfing on the web, doing some stuffs. I think the better things that we may do as of now is to learn about cryptocurrency, let us make our time more productive by learning new things, why don't we spend our time learning about cryptocurrency instead of tiktok an social media. Learning cryptocurrency will be more better because aside from making money we weill also learn new things and can improve our communication skills.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 06:08:25 PM

That is really possible mate, as of now, as we are under community quarantine and we are all at our home, surfing on the web, doing some stuffs. I think the better things that we may do as of now is to learn about cryptocurrency, let us make our time more productive by learning new things, why don't we spend our time learning about cryptocurrency instead of tiktok an social media. Learning cryptocurrency will be more better because aside from making money we weill also learn new things and can improve our communication skills.

That's certainly true, mate. The pandemic will definitely encourage people to use online services more thoroughly in their daily lives. Digital payments will become a big hit, considering the benefits they provide over physical cash. After all, the latter is known to carry germs and bacteria with it. It's not safe to hand in physical cash because of the health risks they provide. That's where Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies come into play. You can send money across borders at a fraction of a cost without intermediaries. That's not possible with bank transfers or even credit/debit cards. Most people haven't realized this yet, but they will once they get to learn about crypto more thoroughly.

Like it or not, COVID-19 will change our lives like never before. It might radically transform every known industry in the digital realm. Long gone will be the days where you'll have to visit a store physically to make purchases using physical cash. In the same way, visiting a college or university will be a thing of the past as it shifts to the online world. With crypto's fast transaction speeds and virtually low fees (unlike Fiat), a new world of opportunities is opened. New business ventures will emerge thanks to the benefits of crypto's Blockchain technology. If the pandemic continues to extend itself as time goes by, I believe that crypto's adoption in the mainstream world will grow like never before. Which is why, I'm extremely confident that the coronavirus "COVID-19" will encourage people to use crypto more thoroughly for mainstream transactions. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 06:15:03 PM

from my perspective, we already have a solution to keep away ourselves by not using cash. The world is already getting digital. At the moment there are lot of means available for digital payments. So I see no direct relation between coronavirus situation and increase of crypto.
However, the tokenization aspect is already now known to the world and there is no doubt that more and more industries will be using it for better transaction speeds and security.

olabiyijummy02

Activity: 239
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 07:15:22 PM

The corona virus have had major effects on the world stock market and despite the government injecting trillions of dollars into the market, the world economy is still in recession presently. I think after this whole pandemic is over people will look for places to invest their money, and with the cheap prices of most cryptocurrency coins the crypto lately might experience a major boost.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 12:13:49 AM

from my perspective, we already have a solution to keep away ourselves by not using cash. The world is already getting digital. At the moment there are lot of means available for digital payments. So I see no direct relation between coronavirus situation and increase of crypto.
However, the tokenization aspect is already now known to the world and there is no doubt that more and more industries will be using it for better transaction speeds and security.

That's certainly true, mate. Digital payments existed long before the coronavirus pandemic came into existence. But now that everyone is practicing social distancing, digital payments are the only way to make commerce in the free world. I know that it's possible to use Fiat in a digital manner, but crypto provides far more benefits than it. Most people are still focused on Fiat even if many governments are increasing the inflation of their underlying currency. It's no doubt that Fiat is the "go-to" payment of choice accepted by merchants, businesses, and individuals worldwide. Since crypto still lacks merchant acceptance, people have recurred to payment processors like PayPal and Skrill for their daily payments in the online world.

Nonetheless, it's no secret that crypto's volatility makes it quite difficult for anyone to use it as a real currency. A currency needs to be stable in price to be used as intended. Until now, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies only work as a store of value than anything else. Once the crypto market stabilizes and blockchains become scalable for the world, I'd bet people would join the crypto train like never before. There's hope that crypto will be largely adopted by everyday people, the longer it takes for the virus to disappear in its entirety. Things could become a lot more interesting once the BTC halving takes places in the upcoming weeks. Either people will use crypto more thoroughly during the pandemic, or all the other way around. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2020, 12:26:19 AM

I think it wouldn't. Though government are warning people about the transmission of virus through fiat, it doesn't necessarily mean that they encourage crypto. There are alternatives such as debit card/credit card, online payment. We should not cross out the number of people who has access to crypto and the recent blood bath which I think would discourage some people to start investing in crypto.
soramon

Activity: 983

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 08:36:07 AM

I think this pandemic cant make people use cryptocurrency. There is digital payments or digital wallets that can be helpful. From my perspective this is a good time to promote and conviece people about cryptocurrency. Most of people still dont know about cryptocurrency.

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2020, 08:46:59 AM

I think people will still not choose to get engage into using cryptocurrencies just because of the recent situation that relates to the Coronavirus-19 pandemic although there is a point that getting into cashless will be a way to stop the spread of virus that can be get from physical money passage on hand, there can still be another way for people to resolve this problem that makes them use digital banking which most banks are now into, as well as the usage of credit cards for cash less transaction. Maybe people will be pushed to get into using cryptocurrency if and only if there is already no other way they can be able to use their money. Meaning cryptocurrency will be their last resort or option to do if no other way can be possible. In relation to that, not all merchants are accepting cryptocurrency as a way of payment so still people would be reliant on using physical money or if not, usage of credit cards or digital banking which uses e-wallets.
litepool.ru

Activity: 531

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:15:46 AM

I think this pandemic cant make people use cryptocurrency. There is digital payments or digital wallets that can be helpful. From my perspective this is a good time to promote and conviece people about cryptocurrency. Most of people still dont know about cryptocurrency.
Agree with you, we should continue to promote this market to the world so that more people know this market. Currently, only a few people know this market, and that's why this market has a much lower market capitalization than other financial markets.

odeskrasel

Activity: 828

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:20:12 AM

Cryptocurrency is Big Market, I Think We Are Good Profet 2020
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:28:33 AM

Many experts said that possible that a person can get virus to the money because that is the one of the dirty things that we use everyday because every person use money. In this situation cryptocurrency will possible to use more people because it is safe than money right now there is still scientific evidence money also cause to get virus but we still need to safe ourselves.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: