Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor Wallet; Ethereum Wallet  (Read 111 times)
GreatArkansas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 08:30:38 AM
Merited by bones261 (4), Rath_ (2)

I just want to ask about the trezor hardware wallet.
As what we can do in Bitcoin wallet inside trezor wallet, we can create multiple account of Bitcoin.
But in Ethereum, how we can do it?

This image is from Trezor: https://blog.trezor.io/wallet-accounts-and-addresses-bdfa6b66b037

As we can see in the image, there is only one account for Ethereum wallet but multiple on Bitcoin.

My question is,

If I will store ethereum on multiple addresses under the Account #0;
Address #0 - 1 eth balance.
Address #1 - 1 eth balance.
Address #3 - 1 eth balance.

And I will decide to make transaction on my ethereum wallet; I will spend 2.5 ETH in my ethereum wallet, does my trezor wallet automatically send the the 2.5 ETH with 1 transaction from different addresses in my ethereum wallet acocunt that have ethereum balance? Just like what Bitcoin wallet account if you have different bitcoin balances in multiple addresses under 1 account (which we can see the connection of each bitcoin address here).

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 10:53:19 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2020, 11:23:01 AM by BitCryptex

But in Ethereum, how we can do it?

Their (Trezor's) web interface allows you to do that. If you want do it manually then you have to know that m/44’/60’/0’/0 is not unique to Trezor. Modify the path according to the following sequence.

m’ / purpose’ / coin_type’ / account’ / change / address_index

Electrum does not have change so it will be always equal to zero.

I will spend 2.5 ETH in my ethereum wallet, does my trezor wallet automatically send the the 2.5 ETH with 1 transaction from different addresses in my ethereum wallet acocunt that have ethereum balance?

Yes, as long as they are under one account. No!
GreatArkansas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 11:04:40 AM

(....)
I will spend 2.5 ETH in my ethereum wallet, does my trezor wallet automatically send the the 2.5 ETH with 1 transaction from different addresses in my ethereum wallet acocunt that have ethereum balance?
Yes, as long as they are under one account.
But when I want to do it, I should use some third party like myetherwallet and their, I should select the what address I want to use and if I will select the address that 0 eth, I can't spend. (see image attached example of what I am talking about that selecting an address)
So it is like the way we spend on Bitcoin wallet in one account in Trezor? Where it will automatically use some addresses that have balance to satisfy the amount to be spend and it will shoe in txn which addresses that are included?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 11:14:42 AM
Merited by GreatArkansas (1)

So it is like the way we spend on Bitcoin wallet in one account in Trezor? Where it will automatically use some addresses that have balance to satisfy the amount to be spend and it will shoe in txn which addresses that are included?

MyEtherWallet does not support sending from multiple address and no other wallet too.

You should be able to MyEtherWallet and Trezor web interface at the same time since the derivation paths are the same. Note that Trezor's website won't display the next account if the one before doesn't have any transactions.

Edit: Sorry, but I got confused a bit. You can't spend from multiple addresses, even in the Trezor web interface. That's one of the fundamental differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum.
GreatArkansas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 11:32:48 AM
Merited by Rath_ (1)

MyEtherWallet does not support sending from multiple address and no other wallet too.

You should be able to MyEtherWallet and Trezor web interface at the same time since the derivation paths are the same. Note that Trezor's website won't display the next account if the one before doesn't have any transactions.

Edit: Sorry, but I got confused a bit. You can't spend from multiple addresses, even in the Trezor web interface. That's one of the fundamental differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum.
I get it now. Sorry for making you confuse, that's whay I mean, like spend from multiple addresses.
If the above post of mine with image attached which in myetherwallet inteface, if we will see it on trezor ethereum wallet interface, it will look like this (see image attached);
(The addresses list from the MyEtherWallets becomes an list of accounts in the trezor ethereum wallet interface)
This is good alternative if you can't add new account in trezor ethereum wallet interface, you can use myetherwallet to select some addresses even 0 balance, it will just automatically become an account in trezor ethereum wallet interface)

EDIT: Thanks btw, @BitCryptex.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 11:37:04 AM

-snip

That's interesting! I was quite sure that their wallet would stop loading the accounts unless they were funded at some point. Don't you think that it must be saved somewhere locally?

If anyone has a problem with adding a custom derivation path in MyEtherWallet then the following screenshot should help.

GreatArkansas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 11:41:43 AM

-snip
That's interesting! I was quite sure that their wallet would stop loading the accounts unless they were funded at some point. Don't you think that it must be saved somewhere locally?
(....)
I think in Trezor Ethereum wallet interface, it will render only the account which has balance or history of transaction?
Btw the image I provided is from Trezor's article (about beta-wallet) and btw why I discover it because the Trezor Ethereum Wallet is not available on their non-beta wallet interface (https://wallet.trezor.io/)
it is only available here beta-wallet: https://beta-wallet.trezor.io/

That's why I just recalled that befor I was able to manage my ethereum wallet by just in trezor wallet interface without going to myetherwallet, and I remember their beta wallet interface try and compare with the non-beta wallet.

Btw, thank you so much.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██