Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you think of cloud mining?  (Read 266 times)
Akiiiil (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 03:40:22 PM

I mean is cloud mining profitable and trusted?
There are many platforms for cloud mining such as Genesis Mining and Bitdeer...
Has anyone ever bought SHA256 computer power sharing plan or X11?

I would be grateful for any advice! Thanks!
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 04:10:06 PM

you can trust Genesis Mining

it profitable?  i don't think so when you choose 53Th 24 month plan it cost 3972USD

im go calculate at whattomine  if price of btc like today at 5K  you not have any profit.

or you wait to sell when btc hit 12K you have profit in 12 month around 1854USD 24 month = 3708USD.

it worth to try if you belive BTC in next 24 month price skyrocket more than 14K.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1343

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 05:14:04 PM

Firstly, there are a lot of scams in this "cloud mining websites"

So, let´s talk about the legit ones, like Genesis or Bitdeer (at least they are here for a long time)

Please, just do the math about buying hashrate and the fees they have considering the difficulty of BTC
Yes, you have to put diff on the math, and you see you'll only gain money if BTC rises in value, so it's easier to buy the coins directly.

All the math you see on the websites are based on the today's diff, but it will change

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
JayDDee

Activity: 1400
Merit: 222

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 07:37:41 PM

Aside from the scams you have to know what you're doing. It's somewat like day trading
but also like gambling due to the luck factor. You're competing against pros as well as bots,
so you have to be better than they are to be profitable.

There are a lot of risks, like the recent 40% price drop. Had you bought hash at the high price
then got paid at the low price you would have taken a big loss.

rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 08:28:51 PM

Aside from the scams you have to know what you're doing. It's somewat like day trading
but also like gambling due to the luck factor. You're competing against pros as well as bots,
so you have to be better than they are to be profitable.

There are a lot of risks, like the recent 40% price drop. Had you bought hash at the high price

Had you bought hash at the high price

This isn't accurate, because usually the prices are in BTC. So you will pay in BTC and receive in BTC for example (you can mine another coin, but the idea is to pay and receive the coins you "mined")

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
JayDDee

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 08:42:33 PM

Had you bought hash at the high price

This isn't accurate, because usually the prices are in BTC. So you will pay in BTC and receive in BTC for example (you can mine another coin, but the idea is to pay and receive the coins you "mined")

You are correct. The loss is from fiat to fiat, which would have occurred without cloud mining.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 04:52:22 AM

Its only worth it if you know for certain that in the near future the price of bitcoin and altcoins will be much higher than it is today. However in that case you can just buy the coins directly.

However with cloud mining you need to understand the terms. Usually when mining goes below a profitable mining point, the contract will be void. So most likely after what just happened recently, unless the price rebounds and stays above maybe $8000 or so, then the contract will be voided and you won't get any mining profits anymore. Just doesn't make sense to cloud mine. Either buy the hardware and mine yourself or just buy the coins.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 05:13:45 AM

I prefer to choose Genesis Mining than Bitdeer because I already tried with both in the past. Bitdeer gives you a discount for buying the hashrate to their machine, but you should pay the electricity to them. It's not worth it because your profit will be reduced because of the electricity fee and that will happen too in Genesis Mining. Right now, the cost to buy a big hashrate is not worth getting the reward from the mining because you should calculate the electricity fee that will need you to pay.

black1ight

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 07:14:33 AM

Most cloud mining platforms mine on latest hardware for themselves and give old hardware for customers.
Akiiiil (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 09:03:08 AM

you can trust Genesis Mining

it profitable?  i don't think so when you choose 53Th 24 month plan it cost 3972USD

im go calculate at whattomine  if price of btc like today at 5K  you not have any profit.

or you wait to sell when btc hit 12K you have profit in 12 month around 1854USD 24 month = 3708USD.

it worth to try if you belive BTC in next 24 month price skyrocket more than 14K.

But if I believe BTC will hit 14K, buy BTC at 5k with 3972USD now seems better? What's the advantage of cloud mining...
Akiiiil (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 09:10:02 AM

Its only worth it if you know for certain that in the near future the price of bitcoin and altcoins will be much higher than it is today. However in that case you can just buy the coins directly.

However with cloud mining you need to understand the terms. Usually when mining goes below a profitable mining point, the contract will be void. So most likely after what just happened recently, unless the price rebounds and stays above maybe $8000 or so, then the contract will be voided and you won't get any mining profits anymore. Just doesn't make sense to cloud mine. Either buy the hardware and mine yourself or just buy the coins.

Thanks a lot! I also don't see any advantage of cloud mining...
I guess buying coin directly is better if I believe the price will rise...
So why cloud mining platform like Genisis Mining can still exist? Who will buy the service?
rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 11:49:20 AM

So why cloud mining platform like Genisis Mining can still exist? Who will buy the service?

Because they offer something that looks good
People thinking they are on the game of mining, seeing some hashrate on the website, but most of the cases are just fake
The real mining you can do is with your own hardware or nicehash for example where you rent the hashrate and can point to any coin or pool you want

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 07:18:48 PM

when BTC price higher more than 10K USD  you calculate it will show you have profit soon.

customer think wow we only invest in cloud mining and wait for profit no need to worry anything. 

but in real life it not like that.

if you want to mining you can try with some gpu  if it not going well you can sell it to gamer.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 07:27:33 PM

Currently investing in cloud mining is not good idea just investing in coins is much better and profitable if someone thinking to invest in this then surely he is going to scammed because its all about scam nothing else good and profitable from this.
JayDDee

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 09:44:06 PM

If you want to obtain coin and don't have the HW to mine it then buying it on an exchange
is more efficient and reliable than cloud mining.

Cloud mining is mostly for speculators that think they have an edge on everyone else or
when mining is the primary goal instead of obtaining coin.

Akiiiil (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:11:11 AM

Because they offer something that looks good
People thinking they are on the game of mining, seeing some hashrate on the website, but most of the cases are just fake
The real mining you can do is with your own hardware or nicehash for example where you rent the hashrate and can point to any coin or pool you want

Thanks! it does look good speak of mining, but it actually not mining right?  lol
Akiiiil (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:14:49 AM

when BTC price higher more than 10K USD  you calculate it will show you have profit soon.

customer think wow we only invest in cloud mining and wait for profit no need to worry anything. 

but in real life it not like that.

if you want to mining you can try with some gpu  if it not going well you can sell it to gamer.

yep, i guess in real life we should consider the electricity fee, the price fluctuation even the mining gigs upgrade(which influence the hashrate)?
Akiiiil (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:18:05 AM

Currently investing in cloud mining is not good idea just investing in coins is much better and profitable if someone thinking to invest in this then surely he is going to scammed because its all about scam nothing else good and profitable from this.

Thanks! All people replied the thread have the same opinion with you lol
Akiiiil (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:19:36 AM

If you want to obtain coin and don't have the HW to mine it then buying it on an exchange
is more efficient and reliable than cloud mining.

Cloud mining is mostly for speculators that think they have an edge on everyone else or
when mining is the primary goal instead of obtaining coin.

Cool, thanks! I will keep on using hardware Smiley
silvaidael

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 07:23:11 PM

I've tried a number of cloud mining providers. most of them were scams and the ones who stayed are also stopped paying (Genesis was also stopped paying at one point). So in general cloud mining is not profitable at all (because they drop the reward when mining currency's value jump).
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: