Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Diplomas With Blockchain  (Read 177 times)
plvbob0070 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 09:44:57 AM

As everyone is talking about the pandemic coronavirus, some Italian high schools want to adapt the issuance of digital diploma with the help of blockchain technology.

With the growing number of people being affected by the virus in Italy, it is announced by WHO that Italy is now the new epicenter of the pandemic with about 1,000+ death cases and 17,000+ affected of the said virus. Italy is now facing a country lockdown to stop the virus from spreading. School classes were also suspended so some schools had to find a solution for graduating students.

The schools are located in Rome and Crotone. The licei internazionali di Villa Flaminia in Rome will rely on a blockchain-based system developed by the EY company, while the l'Istituto d'Istruzione Superiore "M. Ciliberto - A. Lucifero" from Crotone has partnered with Blockchain Italia. Two high schools will issue digital diplomas using blockchain technology to avoid fraudulent diplomas. It seeks to ensure the transparency of issuing the diploma and to prevent fake diplomas.

Source:
Code:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/two-italian-high-schools-to-issue-digital-diplomas-with-blockchain

Some countries affected by the virus are suspending classes to lessen the possibility of spreading the virus more as it's hard to handle hundreds of cases. Lessons and even the graduation of some students had been postponed. Other teachers are still finding solutions to deal with the suspension like online classes or submission of papers online. But graduations can't be done online so the least thing they can do is to issue digital diplomas. It's not really the best thing to do but since Italy is facing a big crisis, they have no choice but to find alternatives while they are staying in their homes. Blockchain technology plays a big role to make it possible and to ensure the legitimacy of the diploma without the risk of being altered.

It's sad to think that graduation is a special occasion that only happens once in a while yet they have to experience this kind of situation but for the safety of everyone, I think it's the best alternative they can do. After this pandemic, they can still get their diploma and have their graduations.

PS: I'm gonna delete this if it was off-topic
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 01:31:25 PM

I really didn't get your view point on the post. Are you saying that because of corona virus, people are now seeing the need to study diploma courses in blockchain? Because of the lack of unnecessary contact that is involved in blockchain and cryptocurrency?
Please you can clarify more.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 01:41:00 PM
Merited by plvbob0070 (1)

I really didn't get your view point on the post. Are you saying that because of corona virus, people are now seeing the need to study diploma courses in blockchain? Because of the lack of unnecessary contact that is involved in blockchain and cryptocurrency?
Please you can clarify more.

No. The school will be producing digital diplomas, in other words, intangible diplomas to be given or to be distributed with the help of the blockchain technology. With the coronavirus spreading like a wildfire, they can't afford those students to be affected by the virus just by attending their graduation. A meme was even made in our country where students who will graduate are sending their photos in a group chat with their graduation attire.

It's sad to think that graduation is a special occasion that only happens once in a while yet they have to experience this kind of situation but for the safety of everyone, I think it's the best alternative they can do. After this pandemic, they can still get their diploma and have their graduations.

This is really sad, not just because they will not be able to get their diplomas physically but because they will not be enjoying the graduation that you could only experience in a while. I just hope that this will be only applicable while this pandemic is around and I hope this ends immediately.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
plvbob0070 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 03:03:45 PM

~snip

@Flightypouch already explained it well. And I'm sorry if my explanation was not clear enough for you but it's about issuing digital diplomas for the students who can't go to their graduations because of the virus spreading in their country. They are just going to adapt blockchain technology to be able to do their plans while preventing fake diplomas.

~snip

Thanks for the explanation mate!
Yes. Every students have been waiting for their graduation day yet because of the virus plans were cancelled. Imagine the excitement you have getting postponed as well... But for sure after this, their school will still resched and continue their graduation ceremony because they can't let their students not to experience it.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 04:11:15 PM

~snip

@Flightypouch already explained it well. And I'm sorry if my explanation was not clear enough for you but it's about issuing digital diplomas for the students who can't go to their graduations because of the virus spreading in their country. They are just going to adapt blockchain technology to be able to do their plans while preventing fake diplomas.

~snip

Thanks for the explanation mate!
Yes. Every students have been waiting for their graduation day yet because of the virus plans were cancelled. Imagine the excitement you have getting postponed as well... But for sure after this, their school will still resched and continue their graduation ceremony because they can't let their students not to experience it.

It is really sad to say that a lot of programs and ceremonies have been cancelled due to this pandemic of the corona virus that some students in other countries will be receiving their diplomas intangibly and with the help blockchain technology. Good thing that there is a blockchain technology that would help some students, so they could receive their diplomas while there is a corona virus.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 07:52:25 AM

I see that Italy is giving answers to the students who are going to graduate from high school and that it is a good alternative. The moment we are living in is still sad. We are fighting for our lives. Currently in any on the planet there will be peoples who are living in a dangerous situation.

In my country, students will not have classes at all levels. They will receive virtual classes. Also there will be no work, we are in quarantine and it is the best decision because we do not have the means to counter the Covid19.

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 03:45:49 PM

Good to know that there are some people who finds alternative ways for students in Italy to accept their own diplomas with the help of blockchain technology. It is really sad that most important events to our lives that is all over the country had been cancelled or moved due to this virus, hopefully this pandemic issue would stop and also soon to recover the price of bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 03:41:49 AM

It is actually not new at all , people have been using blockchain since they discovered it's importance, now they are just coming out with it.
Blockchain has nothing to do with Bitcoins but still people term it as Bitcoins anyways, it is like a new software that every sector could benefit from using.  .
And that is precisely why people said that ,
Blockchain is way ahead of it's time... from 10 years from now, it will be as normal as Fiat.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:09:32 PM

Quite  a way to start the adoption amidst the deaths they have due to this crisis they are releasing digital diplomas, its probably the least you expect also right? Because what I really are anticipating are the countries that will release digital currencies they have, a government backed fiat on blockchain after them taking the banknotes for disinfection.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:43:37 PM

The situation in the schools and universities in my country is the same.All education is done online.
I'm not familiar with the process of creating digital diplomas by the blockchain.Which blockchain are they about to use for this purpose?I guess that every school in Italy will launch it's own node and all the nodes will have to verify each and every diploma.
I guess that printing and sending paper diplomas will be postponed for at least 6 months,so the digital diplomas won't act as a perpetual replacement of the actual paper diploma.

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 01:55:40 PM

This is really sad, not just because they will not be able to get their diplomas physically but because they will not be enjoying the graduation that you could only experience in a while. I just hope that this will be only applicable while this pandemic is around and I hope this ends immediately.

If it is worth preventing more people from being affected, so why not.
Some people have cancelled their entertainment shows Worth's millions  because they want to avoid endangering people's lives. They say prevention is better than cure.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2020, 03:05:44 PM

I don’t know how accurate we will get when we use blockchain technology, but if it is the only solution then it is okay to experiment.
The blockchain has not been proven to be economically efficient except in the financial aspects, so if companies are able to find a way to verify certificates reliably and less costs than traditional methods, we may find this technology a place after the end of this epidemic.

Generally, the delay is not for a long time, 6 months at the latest, but if it continues for more than that, the academic year may suffer.
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:47:28 AM

This is nice, this will help to fight counterfeit certificate since the authenticity can be view by whom it may concern on the blockchain ledger. This should be sustained afterward by issuing both the digital and the physical certificate and be extended to higher studies.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 11:35:46 AM

If it is worth preventing more people from being affected, so why not.
Some people have cancelled their entertainment shows Worth's millions  because they want to avoid endangering people's lives. They say prevention is better than cure.

they cant really do it if they wanted to but they can only reschedule the graduation when the time that the virus is now gone  .

in that way , they can be able to experience the traditional graduation that they wanted to or deserve too but if they cant wait for that time then blockchain can be helpful . not only helpful for them to graduate alternatively but also helpful for the adoption to grow more  and for the cryptos to become more well known  and since they already came up with this idea, why not adding blockchain courses too   ?  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: