Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading is better than Holding  (Read 2835 times)
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 21, 2020, 08:13:04 PM

Okay,lets talk about daily trading vs holding.

Both have its pros and cons so it depends on the users needs but I feel a holder make the real profit compared to the traders because traders gives lot of effort to make that profit and they are going to cashout and spend their profits for their daily needs too often so in real longer they will hold only the invested capital USD value.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 21, 2020, 09:59:23 PM

Yes, trading is better than holding. But this is not true for all crypto user. Generally experienced trader should keep trading on and they can make profit from it. But when a newbie will try to trade continually without knowledge instead of holding, he will must loss. So holding is better for them who have not much knowledge about trading.
So in general, trading is winnable for half of the traders and does differently otherwise. In trading not every one is going to win, half will lose and the others will gain, this is the very basic aspect of trading that is why holding is the another option for some for those who does not want to gamble and take the risk of fluctuating market. Both are beneficial when you know how to manage it, it is just that holding takes more of the advantage.
If only things were that simple, there are many studies that show that something between 80% and 90% of all the traders lose all their capital during the first year of trading, so even a trader that is not making any money after one year is still in a better position than most traders out there, only a very small minority makes any significant amount of money, however holding is not that much better as many long term holders buy when the market is in a bubble and they sell at the end of the crash losing a fortune in the process as well.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 21, 2020, 11:13:50 PM

OP your mistake was buying and holding in the bear market or the peak of 2017 bull market. Holding works great but you have to buy in the bear market and wait for bull to sell.

3-6000 would be a great level to buy Bitcoin and probably most big altcoins. Buying shitcoins will get you nowhere both bull or bear because the market doesn't matter for them. They just get pumped from time to time. If you catch it great. If not you'll lose in the long run.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 05:54:37 AM

With happens today, I guess that OP can make a good profit for a few days ago. This day, bitcoin price back to the higher price and now, the price reaches $6,300, and it seems to have a chance to break $6,400 because the order queue has been rising too. I don't hope to see some bad news that can stop the price from increasing, and if that happens, the price will be back to the lower price. We expect that this time can trigger the price to rise so tomorrow and the next day, the price can break $6,500.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 06:22:16 AM

For you understand and can fine both the top and the bottom with ease it is better to trade then holding. I have been following the cryptocurrencies market for more then four years now and it is obvious that if you follow the up and down of the market you must have made serious money by now.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 06:42:42 AM

For you understand and can fine both the top and the bottom with ease it is better to trade then holding. I have been following the cryptocurrencies market for more then four years now and it is obvious that if you follow the up and down of the market you must have made serious money by now.
I think you can do the same. While holding you are also in trading. You can split your fund into two parts. Trading and while, on the other hand, is holding. Because in trading you did not sure your journey there, you maybe lose or win but in holding all you have to do is patiently wait the right time of cutting your gain.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 09:57:15 AM

You chose the wrong asset I guess, or maybe you’re expecting a quick profit and it didn’t work out that way.
Do you think that it’s everyone that is into trading that is making profit? Nah, someone has got to lose for another person to be making profit, so when you’re making profit another person is losing their money in the market.

It is just that people who lose their money in trading never come here to say it, only few of them has that courage. It is only those that makes profit that shares their story and the next thing they giving technical analysis and making predictions on the forum lol.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 11:18:25 AM

trading is better than just holding back, it's just that it will be good when you make a profit. however, trading conditions are always a big risk, because you can lose your assets in the near future if the market is unstable. Well, trading and investment have advantages and disadvantages of each, but so far I am still holding my assets.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 12:12:34 PM

Trading can be beneficial to others whether Day trading or Long term trading, it just depends to a person's preference but for me i've abandoned Day trading because just like you i mostly loss that's when i realize to switch strategies because im still to inexperienced to deal with Day trade. So as of now i see my gains in the long run that's why im holding my cryptocurrencies for now.
Our experience may be richer with regular training in the market but it does not mean that we can fully solve trading day, this market is full of complexity and difficulty than we think, so trading days are often a method that few people use regardless of whether they are professional or amateur, holding for a long or short time, the psychological and profit factors will have more guarantees, instead of the intraday pressure. This comparison is incorrect when both seem to be the same, the difference being the explanation of each of us

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Jateng

Activity: 1324
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 03:22:55 PM

Even I prefer Trading over Holding. But, Sometimes it is also good to hold some amount of BTC for years. But, this is a subjective call.

At present the condition of the market is much worse than trading in a bad situation The price of BTC is much lower. We bought and held on to win and that is not worth it now. That's why I can make some money every day by trading and if the price goes up our number will increase.
Seems that you have a lot to know about trading, you gained money everyday by trading and not all can really had that kind of status. Some of the people are not will every day. For people like this, I prefer to buy and hold bitcoin for upcoming months and knowing that they not good as you when it comes to trading. It's a matter of nature of someone if they're losing money and not good at trading better to hold but if they are expert or know about strategy and analysis better them to go trading.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 04:47:09 PM

Well, your opinion is probably biased in the fact that you failed at judging the coins that would hit the top 100 of the market no? Well, not blaming you or anything but people have different strengths and weaknesses. Some can immediately observe the possibilities within a coin, and some can't, hence, the difference between trading and holding. Still though, some aspects of holding can be seen from trading and vice versa, specifically judging the future of the coin you are investing in.

Both aspects have their pros and cons, and honestly, it depends on how you judge coins and what type of trading you're in. Holding can be said to be a long - term investment while trading is a short term or day to day trading, and the profits are all honestly left to your own capable judgement.

You said yourself if you haven't made a profit so far but you also say trading is better than holding, how can that be? That is a choice and you are free to do that and if both can make a profit, why not do both? Holding the top crypto also gives you a good opportunity for future profits, if you can choose the right coin for holding it will also produce good profits and when it keeps rolling every day, then filling that time with trading is a good choice, You can do both if you want.
Well, he was holding initially. And based on his experience, holding brings nothing really, that is, if you're bad at judging coins, and in his case, he is really.

For me, I want to manipulate my bitcoin and move it from time to time. I don't want my bitcoin to become stable in numbers and also bitcoin must be traded every day. Each and every transaction is another lesson for you to grow more in trading, it will help you to continuously learn more about trading. IF you hold it and you don't do some actions to manipulate your bitcoin then your investment will be useless. The reason you trade is to earn profit no matter how small or big it is, but at least there is changes in the quantity of your bitcoin. I know that trading is risky, but what's the sense of your bitcoin if you will not make it to grow. Your patience will not help you to earn profit with just waiting there for the bitcoin to grow again. Holding is senseless, keep rolling and grinding everyday for you to improve your mind making some good strategies and plans.

But it is very risky to trade, it can also cause losses while in holding you just hold and prevent yourself from losing your money. Being in a stable state in holding you BTC is much better to prevent regret and losses in trading, the same in gambling. Don't trade, but invest a certain amount of bitcoin for you to grow and still continue to hold. But the only cons of holding is that if its price becomes down, then you will have a huge loss and you have nothing to do with that. Trading is risky and holding is somehow safe but the only bad thing that will affect it is the changes in its price. So always monitor the price in order for you on what to do. You can buy more bitcoin if its price becomes low so that you can hold more and wait for the price to grow again but the question is when will that happen?"
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 06:14:04 PM

trading is better than just holding back, it's just that it will be good when you make a profit. however, trading conditions are always a big risk, because you can lose your assets in the near future if the market is unstable. Well, trading and investment have advantages and disadvantages of each, but so far I am still holding my assets.
Everything has a risk neither you do decide to hold or would actively trading. Both do have its own advantages and disadvantages it will depend on where you do much prefer as long you are
profitable then stick to the system you are into.Not all hodlers are profitable yet we know that theres no such thing about assurance when it comes to trading or investing.
The good thing on active trading is on where you do make money in shortest possible of time since you do deal with active price movement and it goes opposite for hodling.
But for those people who doesnt like to take risk that high then they do choose up to be passive instead.

qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 01:18:10 AM

With holding we can get profit more than 1000% but depend with coin we hold, although trading can give us profit every day and we always get passive income I think better to be holder coin than we must trading to get profit.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:30:42 AM

I like to hold some coins for a long time because that is the only way to make a profit during this time. In fact, day trading is not very profitable for investors and you can lose money if the market suddenly collapses. I have been through this stage a lot in the past and it was actually the most difficult time because I didn't know how to make money at that time.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 05:56:25 AM

I believe that it is indeed better to buy and sell, re-buy and sell, etc, than to hodl in the hope that the crypto will go up. Imagine hodling XRP or TRX and not having sold them when they peaked in price.

cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 06:07:49 AM

All will be better from the side of others, trading and holding are good things in each situation. To hold it really must choose the right coins, like bitcoin and ethereum for me both suitable for trading and also for holding
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 08:12:21 AM

All will be better from the side of others, trading and holding are good things in each situation. To hold it really must choose the right coins, like bitcoin and ethereum for me both suitable for trading and also for holding

You are right. Trading and holding will have the advantages and disadvantages, and that will depend on the coin that we want to trade and hold. If we can get the right coin, we will make a big profit in trading and holding. But in trading, we will have so many potential coins if we can search at the market, and we can analyze one by one. That will give you the profit, but if you decide to hold, make sure you hold the right coin and try to avoid holding a new coin that you don't know for sure.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 09:58:47 AM

I had the same question of Holding or Trading.

I've been holding for a while and seems to be forever, because I mined/bought in many values to sell it at higher price or when it brakes 20k like before. This holding implies to wait 2~5 years approx.

Now if you trade (depending on your knowledge) you will have a cash flow rotating quicker, no matter if earn or loose.
If you earn, the amount will be bigger than holding during 2~5 years; But if you loose, you might loose more / brake even / earn a little.

This is my point of view, I'm also new to trading and started to study to make small trading.
fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 11:14:30 AM

Holding needs patience and lot of time to see your profits grow if you have found good crypto projects , while trading there are instant results , but holding good projects will gain good compound growth over time
Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 03:14:45 PM

You are right. Trading and holding will have the advantages and disadvantages, and that will depend on the coin that we want to trade and hold. If we can get the right coin, we will make a big profit in trading and holding. But in trading, we will have so many potential coins if we can search at the market, and we can analyze one by one. That will give you the profit, but if you decide to hold, make sure you hold the right coin and try to avoid holding a new coin that you don't know for sure.
Holding and trading are both profitable if you end up with those good and potential coins. But trading requires more knowledge and skills so you will know the best trading entry especially that the market keeps on crashing. Yes, trading can give us more profits compared to holding but there are also high chances of losing if we are not sure of our decisions.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀