Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading is better than Holding  (Read 2828 times)
Dsdaq
Copper Member

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

Dsdaq -  One Bitcoin, Trade all assets

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 10:45:52 AM

Trading is better than holding, because holding is too risky due to high volatility of crypto currencies for example bitcoin from 12k can drop over night to 9k that's a huge loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Awraawra

Activity: 338
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 10:58:14 AM

I also like trade than holding because i have small capital so i need to trade so that i have income in short-term. Holding is also good but i think holding is for those have big amount of capital that they can hold it for long-term.
Trading is much better than holding.
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 12:55:00 PM

Trading is better than holding, because holding is too risky due to high volatility of crypto currencies for example bitcoin from 12k can drop over night to 9k that's a huge loss.
Yes you have said my thought .Crypto is high volatile market so it is so risky to hold .On the other hand sometimes we can get a high profit by holding .It is better to trade cause you always can get some profit but you have to be experienced on trading in order to get profit from trading .

Musekay

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:28:29 PM

Holding takes a lot of nerves cause you might hold for a long time hoping it will rise in value, only for it to crumble. So people however prefer holding as its value overtime is really worth the wait lets take bitcoin for an example. While on the other hand, most people prefer trading.

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 06:27:23 PM

I Feel like sharing my opinion and I would like it if anyone can convince me enough

So, let me say I've been trading or started trading for a while now but I still count my self as an Armature Trader so far. Why?
Because I've never made a good profit so far and whenever I make one, I end up at loss later.
But with all these, I still believe in trading than holding my crypto assets because I know with time, when I get to understand how it works and go very well, I can keep making my profit and will never loss more than expectation.

Reason why I said all these is because I hold some crypto assets a while ago because I believe in them and thinking they are going to be like top 100 in the market within years. But I was wrong.
I wish I have been trading since then and probably, I would have gain more or earn more because I hardly loss even as armature as I am.
Many people hodl but I think trading is more preferable.

So Maybe I am right which I think I am but still looking forward to others opinion or advice.
Trading is better than holding. If you hold hold your money you cannot  sell it emergency  because of loss.On the other hand, Trading  is the best way to earn money and increase asset.Anyone can hold money anytime but traders must be learn and expert on trading

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
FACE 2 FACE

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 07:23:28 AM

In fact, professional traders are able to make quite a lot of money in a short time. This is how they differ from investors. A professional investor is someone who is able to hold his breath for a very long time to wait for his finest hour. For a trader, this is not at all typical. A trader is a person who has a sufficient amount of adventurism and is inclined to take risks. Investors are made of completely different dough than traders. To be an investor means to be a mature, reasonable and patient person. This is the difference between traders and investors.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 07:40:29 AM

Trading will depend on the size of investment and coin of investment. A 5 million dollar investors may or cant be an active trade, 3-5x is a good ROI for such and I believe staying on Ethereum and Bitcoin can provide this as a longterm investor (3-5 years). Most project cant handle a real daily trade of over $5million. Most of these investors will give the average cost of sale to traders and time to cover the trade to prevent massive dump in price

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
kamadazje

Activity: 209
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 08:42:32 PM

Both of them are profitable as long as you know what you are doing but if you are going to ask if who is better among them then trading is better than holding of course. But you need to put also in your mind that it will only better if you have a good knowledge in trading because you can also lost a lot of money here if you have no enough knowledge to profit in trading.

You have a positive mindset which is good but here are my few advice to you. I can see that you don't have the knowledge yet in order to profit in  trading so it will be good if you will trade a small amount first then make sure that you will learn from any experience that you get from it and also make sure that you are doing some additional research about trading also so you can be a professional trader in no time.
Tingtong

Activity: 490

https://www.xsl-labs.io

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 03:38:58 AM

Trading is good for make some money day by day. But it is risky way cause any time coin price can be decrease. If you hold good alt coin for long time you can make huge profit. Trading make short time profit so i tell trading is better then holding.

XSL Labs   ◉  SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA  ◉
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.xsl-labs.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 01:39:21 PM

I agree with you.
Trading it right now is better than holding it when you don't know if the market will be more better than this. Most professional trader just believe holding your coins is a sign of failure. Facing the challenge of the market right now is better than avoiding the market which you don't know when the market will suit to your taste. Many people miss their opportunity because they were still holding their coin for a long time hope the market will change for their good.

Trading brings more profits when you do not make mistakes, and it never lets you relaxing. Those, who trade should stay active all the time, and naturally, they have to follow the market news. Traders better know the market trends and they are more flexible.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 10:36:40 PM

I agree with you.
Trading it right now is better than holding it when you don't know if the market will be more better than this. Most professional trader just believe holding your coins is a sign of failure. Facing the challenge of the market right now is better than avoiding the market which you don't know when the market will suit to your taste. Many people miss their opportunity because they were still holding their coin for a long time hope the market will change for their good.

Trading brings more profits when you do not make mistakes, and it never lets you relaxing. Those, who trade should stay active all the time, and naturally, they have to follow the market news. Traders better know the market trends and they are more flexible.

This is only true for those experienced traders, but for new ones, they need to be very careful as they can lose their funds very easy. If you already know your strategies in day trading, you can really get good profits as compared to when you are just holding a specific coin for so long. You should know also the right coin to trade with, actually even bitcoin, you can get decent profits with intermittent trading, but you need to consider the fees involved so you are not in negative.
Renampun

Activity: 2296
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 11:42:38 PM

This is only true for those experienced traders, but for new ones, they need to be very careful as they can lose their funds very easy. If you already know your strategies in day trading, you can really get good profits as compared to when you are just holding a specific coin for so long. You should know also the right coin to trade with, actually even bitcoin, you can get decent profits with intermittent trading, but you need to consider the fees involved so you are not in negative.
it is not easy to know the movement of a coin but it can all be obtained if we follow reliable trading signals...
a professional trader has good analysis and instinct so they can make a profit in day trading. for a newbie, of course it is very dangerous to trade only based on feelings, they have to start slowly to be able to make a profit.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 01:43:49 AM

All depends on the objective, for a long time, holding is better but for a short time profit, trading will be an ideal.

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 02:14:27 AM

What matters right now is if we are gaining through our strategies? It is not about what is better between trading or holding, it is about what is suitable in our characteristics as a trader between trading or holding. There are some people who are gaining a lot of profit in trading and there are also some people who are gaining huge amount of profit in investing or in holding. I think we should focus on what is our niche, for example; our characteristics is considered as scalper trader who are frequently buying and selling cryptocurrencies then we should focus in trading and not in holding. In terms of holding, if you have high patience where you can wait a lot of time then do it and do not force yourself to trade because there is a huge possibility that you will just lose it by forcing action that shouldn't be.
Trinx01

Activity: 297
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 03:05:42 AM

We have a different perspective about holding and trading, for me, I prefer more the holding when it comes to the long term especially the bitcoin, I can see a great profit from it than trading, I have tried trading before and I never tried it again because it is hard for me to earn from that. Four months ago when I tried trading on Expert Option, I feel so entertained with the platform because I find it so easy and user friendly, at first I keep on winning and it gives me so much joy but this is not consistent because after a winning streak I got lose streak as well to the point that I even lost my capital.

I know the feeling that when we won we still want to continue because of thinking that we may win again and earn more money but we still end up losing our money, it is hard to imagine that the money turns down to rock just like what other people say. In this case, quitting while we are ahead is very important, we should know when to quit and when to continue playing. If you already win then be contented with what you have now, take a rest, go home, and then try again tomorrow.
Many people keep on losing because of chasing winning more so avoid it

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 05:31:19 AM

People can earn both doining holding and trading they have similarities actually if you a trade coin you need to hold it so it just like holding and once it rise you trade it to the bitcoin or to fiat. It's not a problem on what you will choose between the two the problem is what coin your trade and to hold and how long you keep it and if crypto coins have chances to up the value.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 05:57:01 AM

With every hope of making profit, comes with a significant amount of risk. What makes one have an edge of the other is time. Hoarding is an economic term which simply implies, accumulating a particular thing for a period of time with the aim of releasing it for sale when it becomes more and more valuable. This is the idea that the early Bitcoin/crypto enthusiast adopted and it worked for them and we hope it works now as well.

What we ought to know is that, there isn't going to be any other like Bitcoin and as such, the value to which any coin can get would only be a major of the already existing ones in a less quantity. The more you wait, the more it either depreciates more or appreciates very little in a very large time frame. This is what makes hoarding today a bad business in contrast to trading. Trading though risky and dependent on experience, your sure to acquire your aims in the shortest time possible supposing you have the know how as per experience. It's just accurate analysis and risk management.
We can do both trading or holding but what matters is we should have an edge in any of the two. The edge that I am talking about is the mastery for us to fully utilize it. I'm a holder before but I became a trader because for me time is gold, I can't wait many years just for me to see my investment to become double. That is why I made my own research and started to become a trader especially when I saw a lot of people who can double their portfolio in just months. Holding and trading have big differences and there are certain skills that are required if we will do both or choose any of them.
Mahdirakib
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1013

In Search of Incredible

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 08:06:21 AM

~snip~ It's not a problem on what you will choose between the two the problem is what coin your trade and to hold and how long you keep it and if crypto coins have chances to up the value.
Coin selection is the main fact here. As OP said he have invested on those coin which were not in the top 100 list at marketcap, and finally those coin price haven't went up as he expected.

Without knowing the crypto market well, no one should invest in new coin for long term hold. Better to invest in top coins of marketcap. Bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin is a good option for this. And if you want to be a good trader then do proper analysis of crypto market. And learn from your mistakes.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Teresa_FX1

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 09:03:38 AM

I prefer trading vs. holding since I feel more control of my assets but I like trading the main cryptos like btc, eth, xrp than some altcoins. I get more profit with trading.
 Holding is more for institutional investors or people who don't know how to trade.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 09:57:47 AM

Holding is for users who doesn't wanna take risk, and doesn't bother of making an regular earning out of cryptocurrencies. Trading is for users who have the ability to observe the market and spend time in front of the PC. There are people who have profited out of holding, as well as lost after holding for a long time.

While holding, the assets will be sitting in a wallet. The same when used into trading, based on the users precise prediction about the market used to earn revenue. Whether it is holding or trading, it is good when you do with better understanding about the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: