Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from centralized wallets  (Read 3884 times)
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:28:57 PM

You have not given the disadvantage of decentralized wallet that people are compelling to use. For a newbie, it is generally advisable to use a centralized wallet because it is generally easy to use and you can easily recover your wallet back in case you don't know the password. This is entirely different for DEX wallet because it is more complex to use

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eddyc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 03:17:02 PM

There are positive points in a centralized wallet because we are practically in control of our privacy and we are certain of the transactions carried out. However, any error in transactions is practically irreversible and this also occurs in a DEX. This comment that I'm making is for personalized/personal wallets and in particular the wallets centralized on websites or cloud should be studied personally with great caution.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 05:15:32 PM

Exchange wallets & online wallets are not safe. There is always a risk when you keep your funds at there.You should use a hardware wallet. It's the best way to keep your funds safe.
indeed, only the money that you use for trading you can keep on the exchange. I have already lost some money on the exchange several times due to hacker attacks and now I do not keep money on the exchange

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 05:35:27 PM

Centralized wallets are same thing with centralized exchanges wallets, they give you no private key for your wallet on any exchange that's why it's bad to leave your coins and tokens on any exchanges even if it's a big or popular exchange
if trading is not a problem, but for investment you have to keep it in a decentralized wallet, of course for the long term it will be safe,
like Myetherwallet, Ledger, Blockhchain.com
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 06:00:19 PM

Centralised exchange can actually help one recover their lost fund in case you lose their login details.  However, some of the do lock one out. Decentralised wallet advantage is huge because one can easily plug to exchanges and trade from his/her wallet. Like INJECTIVE PROTOCOL  exchange is designed to be a second layer exchanges that is border less on other DEX. It will be easy for one to have access to different exchanges to trade.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 06:31:31 PM

Do you even know the difference between Centralized wallets and Dec wallets? Days back I lost my coinbase account and the team aren't helping, I'm glad I only have little Bitcoin on the account, would have been a different story if I use coinomi or atomic wallet because they give users 💯 control over their funds, private keys and recovery seed are important, always remember that

Example of Centralized wallets
1. Coinbase
2. Nexo
3. Luno
4. Xapo
5. Freewallet

Any wallets that ask you create an account with mail and password is centralized, they monitor your private keys for you, be smart

OP this is an awesome tip, and thanks for pointing out some of these centralized wallets. I think blockchain wallet is missing out. I wonder why a wallet will require KYC, this sucks. I mainly use trustwallet, there is no need for email or KYC. I tried swapping ETH / xlm on blockchain wallet and KYC was a requisite. Decentralization is far fetched in the real sense.
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:44:17 PM

Exchange wallets or online wallets are too risky to use. People should use that wallet which are protected by seeds, personal keys or key store file. Centralized wallet is not trust able for hold any asset cause authority always can spy on your asset. That why people want decentralization system. The bottom line is store your asset in that wallet which you have fully controlled.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 02:11:20 AM

Crypto101, never put your coin in a centralized wallet. You will never know what will happen to the provider of that centralized wallets so you put your wallet at risk when staying there.

Exactly. Unfortunately, newcomers into cryptocurrency believe that as long as they can access their funds from centralized wallets, everything is safe. But if you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins. Centralized wallets introduce the risks of a single point of failure. Imagine if one day the company hosting the wallet becomes hacked or ceases operations. You'll lose your entire crypto funds with no turning back. It's best to use non-custodial wallets, even if they have a steep learning curve. Sometimes it's best to take the hard route, in order to prevent many undesired losses in the future. Crypto and Blockchain tech is all about eliminating the middleman from the system. That's what makes them different from traditional banking and Fiat currencies we know and love today. Using centralized wallets will make matters worse as you're giving power to big corporations and governments. By using a non-custodial wallet that gives you access to private keys, you'll gain complete control over your hard-earned crypto funds. Not only that, but you'll also be contributing towards the decentralization of the entire crypto/Blockchain space.

Therefore, the golden rule is to stay away from centralized wallets as much as possible and protect your private keys from prying eyes. Once you do that, you'll be confident that your funds will last for as long as crypto exists in cyberspace. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:23:33 AM

Exchange wallets & online wallets are not safe. There is always a risk when you keep your funds at there.You should use a hardware wallet. It's the best way to keep your funds safe.
That depends on what kind of party who have been running such service. When they rarely updating their security and software, there was a very big possibilities for their service to be hacked.
We have experienced the hacked cases so many times.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:28:15 AM

Centralized wallets are useful for just mean time but a big bad idea for keeping or storing coins and tokens, the team in charge of the wallet are the one keeping the private keys for you and not your key not your coins, always remember that

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:38:29 AM

Centralised exchange can actually help one recover their lost fund in case you lose their login details.  However, some of the do lock one out. Decentralised wallet advantage is huge because one can easily plug to exchanges and trade from his/her wallet. Like INJECTIVE PROTOCOL  exchange is designed to be a second layer exchanges that is border less on other DEX. It will be easy for one to have access to different exchanges to trade.
Wallets and exchanges have differences as well, there are some online wallets which are not really an exchange we should avoid them at all for no cost.Centralized exchange's wallets are useful for trading our coins but for storage purpose it is not meant to be.No matter how better security system they have its not a good idea to keep funds there.Trading on deentralized exchange is really secured way but unfortunately we don't have much trading volume there.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:45:58 AM

Freewallet team are scammers, once you lose access to your email and password ( login details ) just forget your coins, I used to use freewallet when I still love using faucets and hunting airdrops, I lost some satoshis to freewallet simply because I couldn't log into my wallet again, the team never helped either

giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:51:21 AM

Do you even know the difference between Centralized wallets and Dec wallets? Days back I lost my coinbase account and the team aren't helping, I'm glad I only have little Bitcoin on the account, would have been a different story if I use coinomi or atomic wallet because they give users 💯 control over their funds, private keys and recovery seed are important, always remember that

Example of Centralized wallets
1. Coinbase
2. Nexo
3. Luno
4. Xapo
5. Freewallet

Any wallets that ask you create an account with mail and password is centralized, they monitor your private keys for you, be smart

Use centralized wallets is again the cryptoworld, we want decentralization and be independent from the banks! I personally use Freewallet only for little imports and because it's very useful from my laptop. Do you know decentralized wallets that i can use also from my desktop ?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:56:47 AM

Coinbase wallet and Luno wallet are still very good but I use these wallets for trading only and after few minutes or hours I move out my coins to my personal wallet which I have it's private key or Mnemonic seed, it's safer this safe

Freewallet

Activity: 552
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2020, 09:40:26 AM

Freewallet team are scammers, once you lose access to your email and password ( login details ) just forget your coins, I used to use freewallet when I still love using faucets and hunting airdrops, I lost some satoshis to freewallet simply because I couldn't log into my wallet again, the team never helped either

Dear Claudio99,

Could you please share your support ticket number or your User ID so we can look into it?
We’ll be happy to assist in recovering access to your account.
Also, please make sure you contacted us via the support portal here: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw.
Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 10:03:39 AM

I completely agree with you, if we look back, we will see that exchanges may hack, even the most reliable, and find vulnerabilities in wallets.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:31:48 AM

Coinbase wallet and Luno wallet are still very good but I use these wallets for trading only and after few minutes or hours I move out my coins to my personal wallet which I have it's private key or Mnemonic seed, it's safer this safe
What you do is also almost the same as what I do, because in general all people who trade in exchange will continue to use other wallets to store their assets to be more secure, because the Coinbase Wallet and Luno wallet can function as an exchange and also as wallet basically.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:34:14 AM

What you do is also almost the same as what I do, because in general all people who trade in exchange will continue to use other wallets to store their assets to be more secure, because the Coinbase Wallet and Luno wallet can function as an exchange and also as wallet basically.
honestly though the chance of these wallet you called like coinbase turns into scam or somehow got your money snatched is kinda low if you could keep your login information safe. they are big company and if anything happens they'll be the one responsible but still there's a chance for that like what happened to some exchanges in the past. The best option for us is always to keep the security by doing what's needed.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:41:45 AM

No matter how strong a centralized platform is it's still not safe for your coins and tokens, I know how big coinbase platform is but still using such platform to keep or store coins isn't safe

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 01:33:16 PM

No matter how strong a centralized platform is it's still not safe for your coins and tokens, I know how big coinbase platform is but still using such platform to keep or store coins isn't safe

The problem with a centralized platform always is in the fact that it is a single point of failure (PoF).
The single point of failure is often attacked..

- i mean legally
- i mean by hackers
- i mean by greedy of company

..although safe is very risky for these all factors

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████