Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The free market speaks! FDA-AVOIDED Dustberries!  (Read 10212 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:29:28 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2011, 10:48:24 PM by Matthew N. Wright

As many of you know, I'm virtually new to Bitcoin (and society in general) and I choose to get my information about bitcoin from people who aren't fueled by positive energy alone, on somethingawful.com forums.

While looking through all the posts in a bitcoin thread to make sure they spelled my name correctly (I hate being called 'Matt' because kabalarianism dictates that in combination with my birthdate it would make me aggressive....and it's usually given to fat losers and I'm skinny as all hell), and I came across something I hadn't caught before--- someone selling strawberries dehydrated by their mining rigs.

I respect the guys at SA even when they can't quite decide if I'm a scammer, 'scummy asshole' or middle-aged lowlife, but at the moment I'm a little disappointed to see the majority of the responses completely ignoring the health hazards of these strawberries.

I think "dust" and "grossness" are the least of concerns with this product. How about cancer? The dust from computers carries loads of radioactive dust that causes cancer. Whoever is selling these horribly dangerously prepared strawberries is asking for a lawsuit.

Now that I've said my piece (better than paying ANOTHER $40 to register/avatar/archives/etc on SA) I'd like to give a friendly word to all our libertarian friends (note: of all the things I'm uneducated on, politics is at the top)--

Libertarians! This is what your free market brings. Enjoy the cancer, suckers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:34:07 PM

Can I build an atomic energy plant and/or bomb from these computeriffic radioactive dust particles and if so can I either power my mining rig with it or irradiate Fort Knox?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:37:48 PM

Can I build an atomic energy plant and/or bomb from these computeriffic radioactive dust particles and if so can I either power my mining rig with it or irradiate Fort Knox?

I don't even

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:46:41 PM

I hear Iran is switching to Bitcoin mining rigs for their enrichment facilities - turns out they are simply more effective!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:16:41 PM

Air filtered through a constantly running computer rig should be about as clean as any other air.
Christ, so wrong.

If set up correctly, these strawberries could be just as clean as any other dehydrated fruit. I think it is a great use of waste heat energy.

True. It's an awesome idea, just done with all the finesse expected of do-it-yourself bitcoin businessmen.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:20:00 PM

That symbol on the bag-- what does it stand for?

The user "foo" has the same one as his avatar.

Could he be the one making them?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4199

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:32:43 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_Emblem

elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:34:34 PM

It's the "glider", an interesting piece in the game of life, commonly used as the "hacker emblem" by white-hat hackers.

Edit: Beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

^_^
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:35:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_Emblem

hey thanks terrytibs. edit: and redheaded elggawf

I guess although I can't totally rule out 'foo' until I find who did it, I can't assume it's him either.

I am glad to see that being a hacker has evolved from BBS door hacking all the way up to dehydrating strawberries. With any luck, by the time I have grandchildren 'hacking' will be getting the morning newspaper.

terrytibbs

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:36:24 PM

Nice little typo on the back, too!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:38:26 PM

Come to think of it, the recycling symbol is kind of creepy too. Would you eat a bag of strawberries that had a recycled symbol on it?

terrytibbs

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:40:17 PM

Come to think of it, the recycling symbol is kind of creepy too. Would you eat a bag of strawberries that had a recycled symbol on it?
Do you drink milk from a carton with a recycling symbol?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:42:08 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2011, 09:08:17 PM by Matthew N. Wright

Okay so upon verifying with a government agency on the subject (actually I just asked a friend on skype), you can't actually get cancer from those strawberries unless the computers were old computers that still had more dangerous radiation emitting parts than the ones that newer computers have. But that doesn't excuse the dust issue, and by the looks of his rigs there is absolute no filtering going on.

So cancer? Probably not.

Gonna eat them?   Undecided

EDIT: Title updated to reflect findings.

deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:43:39 PM

if you're actually serious about this you'd have done a few things differently
1.) go get berrycoin.com or something so you have a webpage to sell them through
2.) include that URL and a small QR code on your packaging(linking to weusecoins on your webpage would be nice as well)
3.) as far as the berries themselves are concerned any dehydrator i've sold/used has a filter, go to homedepot or lowes and get a furnace air filter to place between your rigs and your berries, enclose the sides you want things enclosed to force the air through the filter. OR go with liqud cooling get some flexible copper and use a radiator as a heat exchanger for drying the berries

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 10:45:56 PM

Okay so upon verifying with a government agency on the subject (actually I just asked a friend on skype), you can't actually get cancer from those strawberries unless the computers were old computers that still had more dangerous parts than the ones that newer computers have. But that doesn't excuse the dust issue, and by the looks of his rigs there is absolute no filtering going on.

So cancer? Probably not.

Gonna eat them?   Undecided

OSHA is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration; you probably meant FDA.

Still around.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:49:03 PM

Okay so upon verifying with a government agency on the subject (actually I just asked a friend on skype), you can't actually get cancer from those strawberries unless the computers were old computers that still had more dangerous parts than the ones that newer computers have. But that doesn't excuse the dust issue, and by the looks of his rigs there is absolute no filtering going on.

So cancer? Probably not.

OSHA is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration; you probably meant FDA.

You're probably right. I'm out of touch with Amerifaggotry.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:52:07 PM

So cancer? Probably not.

Yeah, be careful, you wouldn't want the Department of Proper Use of Acronyms (DPUA) to come after you!

That's alright, I'll be waiting with the UABB  Cool

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 11:08:47 PM

So cancer? Probably not.

Gonna eat them?   Undecided

Yeah, be careful, you wouldn't want the Department of Proper Use of Acronyms (DPUA) to come after you!

That's alright, I'll be waiting with the UABB  Cool

...or the DOSA (Depratment of Silly Acronyms). (apologies to MPFC)

The biggest problem I have with Stawberries is with the pickers. Of all the images on the net, I've yet to see porta-johns, and if you did find one, what are the chances that there's running water nearby to wash your hands prior to going back out to a pickin'? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Here's the bottom line: The demographics that normally harvest our food--here in the states--normally answer nature when it calls right there in the fields. Washing hands is not even an option. But if you believe that every single strawberry is scrubbed down prior to hitting the market, you've got another thing coming. ~JP on the SFV LP

JA37

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:09:52 PM

Well, there are BFR's (Brominated_flame_retardant) in computers, many believed to be harmful to humans. And there's cadmium and other not so nice things in there too. Generally I wouldn't use a computers exhaust as a supply of fresh air, although I don't believe it to be critically harmful.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:11:26 PM

Well, there are BFR's (Brominated_flame_retardant) in computers, many believed to be harmful to humans. And there's cadmium and other not so nice things in there too. Generally I wouldn't use a computers exhaust as a supply of fresh air, although I don't believe it to be critically harmful.
Some people in my circle seem to think it is possibly responsible for brain tumors.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: