Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The free market speaks! FDA-AVOIDED Dustberries!  (Read 10212 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 11:15:24 PM

Well, there are BFR's (Brominated_flame_retardant) in computers, many believed to be harmful to humans. And there's cadmium and other not so nice things in there too. Generally I wouldn't use a computers exhaust as a supply of fresh air, although I don't believe it to be critically harmful.
Some people in my circle seem to think it is possibly responsible for brain tumors.

BULLSHIT!!! Name one person on this forum that has brain tumors. (darn you to go there!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:05:06 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2011, 12:54:56 AM by ALPHA.

It seems the free-market is already regulating itself by making these berries an issue.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:36:14 AM

It seems the free-market is alright regulating itself by making these berries an issue.

Not quite-- I still don't know who's making them.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:37:49 AM

It seems the free-market is alright regulating itself by making these berries an issue.

how can they expect to sell them then!

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:04:16 AM

That is why you buy them anyways. If you get sick, you will know not to buy from the seller again. Or if you die from food poisoning, your family will know not to buy from the seller.

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:07:51 AM

That is why you buy them anyways. If you get sick, you will know not to buy from the seller again. Or if you die from food poisoning, your family will know not to buy from the seller.

no, no. I mean I actually don't know who is selling them. I cannot find them anywhere to buy them.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:49:17 AM

no, no. I mean I actually don't know who is selling them. I cannot find them anywhere to buy them.

It's not THAT hard.

Ok, of course "bitcoin strawberry" is a really long and complicated search term and all that and really Google should be expected to know what we are looking for when googling for "Bitcoin strawberry" and...

oh wait... it does....

http://www.reddit.com/user/freeborn
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:54:20 AM

That symbol on the bag-- what does it stand for?

It's a glider from Conway's game of life, "hacker symbol" or whatever
JeffK

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:00:48 AM

It seems the free-market is already regulating itself by making these berries an issue.

But what if you didn't have an internet forum to correct your knowledge of this product and saw it on store shelves? should you have to go home and research every brand you buy before you get it?
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:02:01 AM

But what if you didn't have an internet forum to correct your knowledge of this product and saw it on store shelves? should you have to go home and research every brand you buy before you get it?

No, I simply buy products from reputable grocery stores that haven't gone out of business from selling bad products.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:19:34 AM

Err, a grocery store not too many miles from the cunt-hole town I live in? Yeah, they like to sell shit that's way past the the expiry date. They on occasion turn their freezers off overnight. You'll frequently buy frozen things that have very obviously been frozen multiple times. Most of their "fresh" produce has the surface texture of a scrotum. One time, someone I know bought a ham, and when they cooked it it smelt like roadkill. This is not a new practice for them, they have done all of these things for many years.

What on earth makes you think the free market will drive them out of business?

^_^
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:22:15 AM

Err, a grocery store not too many miles from the cunt-hole town I live in? Yeah, they like to sell shit that's way past the the expiry date. They on occasion turn their freezers off overnight. You'll frequently buy frozen things that have very obviously been frozen multiple times. Most of their "fresh" produce has the surface texture of a scrotum. One time, someone I know bought a ham, and when they cooked it it smelt like roadkill. This is not a new practice for them, they have done all of these things for many years.

Heh, obviously it isn't causing people much of an issue. Certainly not enough to cut their business with them. Why should they be forced to pay for your pompous sensibilities when it comes to food quality? I see no victim. I only see choice. I hold that people know what is best for themselves. I am not their father and neither are you.

I would prefer every shitty chain restaurant and globalist fast-food regime destroyed but it doesn't mean I am entitled to this fantasy. People will eat what they desire and if it happens to be shit, by all means. It's their goddamn right.
JeffK

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:33:21 AM

Heh, obviously it isn't causing people much of an issue. Certainly not enough to cut their business with them. Why should they be forced to pay for your pompous sensibilities when it comes to food quality? I see no victim. I only see choice. I hold that people know what is best for themselves. I am not their father and neither are you.

I would prefer every shitty chain restaurant and globalist fast-food regime destroyed but it doesn't mean I am entitled to this fantasy. People will eat what they desire and if it happens to be shit, by all means. It's their goddamn right.

What is their response if it poisons and kills them?
JeffK

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:34:25 AM

Everyone should hire a lab and test all your food for botulism, people who can't afford it should just take the risk that the grocery stores have vetted their products.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:36:35 AM

This happens every day when the FDA fails to do its job. The response from the FDA is little to nothing.

Anyways, they'll likely have dependents and the grocery store will be found as the source. Word will get around and if the store doesn't shape up, people will stop doing business with it. If people are happy shopping there despite the risk of poisoning, that's their right.
JeffK

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:43:37 AM

This happens every day when the FDA fails to do its job. The response from the FDA is little to nothing.

Anyways, they'll likely have dependents and the grocery store will be found as the source. Word will get around and if the store doesn't shape up, people will stop doing business with it. If people are happy shopping there despite the risk of poisoning, that's their right.

I'll give up the "freedom" of being able to buy possibly poisoned food or sell possibly poisoned food for the peace of mind that comes with a FDA drastically lowering the risk of being poisoned. Almost everyone would, exceptions being the people here who don't understand how deadly lack of regulations can be.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:46:01 AM

I have yet to see any direct evidence of that.

This is assuming regulations means provisions provided by a government monopoly and not regulations provided without force.
JeffK

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:55:06 AM

This is assuming regulations means provisions provided by a government monopoly and not regulations provided without force.

What in fuck's name would a "regulation without force" do or accomplish?

And honestly what the fuck is a "government monopoly", and how do you have no concept of what a Social Contract is and how it works?
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:01:38 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2011, 03:18:56 AM by ALPHA.

What in fuck's name would a "regulation without force" do or accomplish?

And honestly what the fuck is a "government monopoly", and how do you have no concept of what a Social Contract is and how it works?

Plenty. People pay for what they desire and neglect what they don't. That to me is very effective regulation. It doesn't bend the world to the pompous whims of the few but it certainly caters to the individual.

Anyways, the social contract is not a valid nor a voluntary contract considering all governments over all associations of people will initiate force against anyone who does not wish to enter into such a contract. I believe man is entitled to interact with his fellow man.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 03:01:55 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2011, 05:27:00 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I enjoy unpasteurized milk on my dehydrated strawberries. I meant to say that I used to: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/?page=all

Trust me this one time, Silo Mervin. Them Bitcoiners  goin' to want our unpasteurized milk on them dehydrated berries.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: