Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The free market speaks! FDA-AVOIDED Dustberries!  (Read 10212 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 03:06:14 AM

I have yet to see any direct evidence of that.

This is assuming regulations means provisions provided by a government monopoly and not regulations provided without force.

What in fuck's name would a "regulation without force" do or accomplish?

And honestly what the fuck is a "government monopoly", and how do you have no concept of what a Social Contract is and how it works?

Couldn't help myself, Jeffk, but...

It's not THAT hard.

Ok, of course "government monopoly" is a really long and complicated search term and all that and really Google should be expected to know what we are looking for when googling for "government monopoly" and...

oh wait... it does....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_monopoly
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jothan

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Feel the coffee, be the coffee.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:30:30 AM

Fun fact: Donald Rumsfeld was once part of the FDA.

https://todayyesterdayandtomorrow.wordpress.com/2007/08/10/donald-rumsfeld-in-bed-with-aspartame/

Bitcoin: the only currency you can store directly into your brain.

What this planet needs is a good 0.0005 BTC US nickel.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 05:37:37 AM

Holy haberdashery, Batman! No more NutraSweet on my berries and milk.

JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 06:12:49 AM

This is assuming regulations means provisions provided by a government monopoly and not regulations provided without force.

What in fuck's name would a "regulation without force" do or accomplish?

And honestly what the fuck is a "government monopoly", and how do you have no concept of what a Social Contract is and how it works?

Couldn't help myself, Jeffk, but...

It's not THAT hard.

Ok, of course "government monopoly" is a really long and complicated search term and all that and really Google should be expected to know what we are looking for when googling for "government monopoly" and...

oh wait... it does....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_monopoly

I still don't understand why he thinks this is an actual valid description of what the government does, there is a reason there are parts of our society that we do not trust to private groups (especially regulation), but fuck if that will ever get through to the Atlastron 4000
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 06:33:52 AM

Dustberries - Worst case: might give you cancer
- Best case: The berries you are eating are covered with the finest dead skin cells and dandruff flakes of some Bitcoiner
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 09:03:09 AM

Dustberries - Worst case: might give you cancer
- Best case: The berries you are eating are covered with the finest dead skin cells and dandruff flakes of some Bitcoiner

Rofl. My girlfriend just screamed when she read this.

TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:26:57 PM

It seems the free-market is already regulating itself by making these berries an issue.

But what if you didn't have an internet forum to correct your knowledge of this product and saw it on store shelves? should you have to go home and research every brand you buy before you get it?

No, I simply buy products from reputable grocery stores that haven't gone out of business from selling bad products.

Quick question.  How do you think those products end up on those store shelves?

Also, these strawberries just look gross.  I wouldn't give those to my dogs.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 10:42:34 AM

This quote from SA preatty much summarizes this entire thread.

pakman posted:
Yet another case of "just like -----, but with bitcoin!" Except worse. And less sanitary. He could just buy a food dryer with the money spent paying for electricity, but nope. Free market demands dusty buttcoin-rig-dried strawberries.

Don't get it twisted, I disagree with 90% of the shit these people spew. However, in between the 90% of the pure shit they post, there does lie some truth.

We should not be focused on selling dried "bit-berries"...

What we should be focused on is building revolutionary apps and services that accept Bitcoin.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 10:50:54 AM

pakman posted:
Yet another case of "just like -----, but with bitcoin!" Except worse. And less sanitary. He could just buy a food dryer with the money spent paying for electricity, but nope. Free market demands dusty buttcoin-rig-dried strawberries.

Don't get it twisted, I disagree with 90% of the shit these people spew. However, in between the 90% of the pure shit they post, there does lie some truth.

What we should be focused on is building revolutionary apps and services that accept Bitcoin.

Umm hello? We already are doing that. We're just making fun of the dustberry producing idiots in our break time.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 11:15:54 AM

pakman posted:

Umm hello? We already are doing that. We're just making fun of the dustberry producing idiots in our break time.
JUST CHECKING   Grin
onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 10:45:06 PM

I'm just going to point out that atlas's idea of government wrongdoing is when a coal company dumps radioactive, carcinogenic ash slurry into a river upstream of a water purification plant because government regulations weren't enforced (against dumping toxic waste in rivers) he will blame the government becuase he has some wierd notion that if those laws against dumping toxic waste in the river didn't exist the coal company wouldn't have done so in the first place.
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 12:44:43 AM

Yes because accountable regulation would exist as opposed to regulatory monopolies that cannot fail and be easily displaced.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 12:56:04 AM

Found this on reddit about the dustberries..

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/mhbcv/picked_up_some_delicious_bitberries_at_the_corner/

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:34:50 AM

It seems the free-market is alright regulating itself by making these berries an issue.
Not quite-- I still don't know who's making them.

That is why you buy them anyways. If you get sick, you will know not to buy from the seller again. Or if you die from food poisoning, your family will know not to buy from the seller.

Libertarianism, in all it's glory. O how my heart yearns to try all those things that my oppressive government thinks are 'dangerous' to be mixed in with my food and pharmaceuticals. If I want to use mercury to homeopathically cure my brain tumor, goddamn it, I should be able to buy it from a basement pharmacist. Prop 215 can suck it. Lead paint for life.

Read 'The Jungle', son.

Yes because accountable regulation would exist as opposed to regulatory monopolies that cannot fail and be easily displaced.

How many languages did this go through in google translate?

ALPHA.

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:41:59 AM

It seems the free-market is alright regulating itself by making these berries an issue.
Not quite-- I still don't know who's making them.

That is why you buy them anyways. If you get sick, you will know not to buy from the seller again. Or if you die from food poisoning, your family will know not to buy from the seller.

If I want to use mercury to homeopathically cure my brain tumor, goddamn it, I should be able to buy it from a basement pharmacist. Prop 215 can suck it. Lead paint for life.
That's the whole point of America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlU5-LQ_EGE
onesalt

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 03:08:14 AM

So what you're saying is if another unaccountable private company (with no interested in protecting any of the national and public resources, mind) regulates another private companies dumping of toxic waste in a public and national resource this will be the perfect outcome?
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 03:12:35 AM

So what you're saying is if another unaccountable private company (with no interested in protecting any of the national and public resources, mind) regulates another private companies dumping of toxic waste in a public and national resource this will be the perfect outcome?
Ah but the private company will be accountable assuming its being supported by paying constituents. If people desire clean environments and contract a company to keep said environments in check, a company failing to keep its part of the contract will not be paid and thus be quickly displaced by one that meets the desires of its constituents.
onesalt

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 03:14:48 AM

Ah but the private company will be accountable assuming its being supported by paying constituents. If people desire clean environments and contract a company to keep said environments in check, a company failing to keep its part of the contract will not be paid and thus be quickly displaced by one that meets the desires of its constituents.

I don't remember ever having time to go down to my local slurry pit and asking the regulatory team there to have all the gear provided to me to perform an audit of it's services.

Maybe I could hire another unaccountable private company to audit the first unaccountable private accountancy company?
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:11:24 AM

Yes, most alternate political and economic theories assume that people want to take personal responsibility. Instead of ridiculing people who question the status quo, we should be thinking of alternative proposals to their faulty ones.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:14:28 AM

I don't remember ever having time to go down to my local slurry pit and asking the regulatory team there to have all the gear provided to me to perform an audit of it's services.

Maybe I could hire another unaccountable private company to audit the first unaccountable private accountancy company?

Heh if such rigorous regulation for slurpees was truly desirable people would pay for it. Also, said regulatory body would be accountable to the customers paying for its services. If they don't trust them nor desire them , they will not be reimbursed and thus cease to exist.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: