Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningBattle.com Play Games of Skill for Bitcoin (Lightning enabled)  (Read 179 times)
lightningbattle (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 11:23:23 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1), amishmanish (1)

Built a mobile web app for challenging friends and others to games of skill for Bitcoin.

https://www.lightningbattle.com?ml=bt

Games take just a minute or two.

Challenges generate a sharable link Easy to send it to someone on a forum or via SMS etc.

Deposit or withdraw using Lightning network

Challenge users on the leaderboard.

Right now supports 2 games:
(1) Four-in-a-row (Basically connect 4)
(2) Word Search (Dragging your finger of a 4x4 grid of letters to form as many words as possible in a fixed amount of time)

I'll give anyone who's interested some sats to get them started just let me know below your account username.

Challenge me @Jeff if you want someone to test it out with.

Thanks!

Preview images:

https://i.ibb.co/sCmzJK6/IMG-4625.png
https://i.ibb.co/YfXXn6h/IMG-4626.png
https://i.ibb.co/hBB1F0B/IMG-4624.png
https://i.ibb.co/2tZkVnz/IMG-4621.png
https://i.ibb.co/T8C0sL7/IMG-4620.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 04:39:31 AM

Really cool..I made an account but unfortunately its not allowed in my location. On what basis are you selecting the locations though?  I am pretty sure its allowed in my country. The website and the idea looks great but i cannot help but wonder what is the compulsion for the geolocation restriction?  Goes against the very spirit here. Any plans to change it or are there legal compulsions.

I reached the screen that said "NEW GAME" on an ominous Red button (Could you make that button's color something more fun?) and then i get the geolocation message. I did fill up the signup form and grabbed the coolest username. Hope that will survive and has registered. Will try a VPN when i get the chance.
lightningbattle (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 03:05:56 PM
Merited by amishmanish (1)

Really cool..I made an account but unfortunately its not allowed in my location. On what basis are you selecting the locations though?  I am pretty sure its allowed in my country. The website and the idea looks great but i cannot help but wonder what is the compulsion for the geolocation restriction?  Goes against the very spirit here. Any plans to change it or are there legal compulsions.

I reached the screen that said "NEW GAME" on an ominous Red button (Could you make that button's color something more fun?) and then i get the geolocation message. I did fill up the signup form and grabbed the coolest username. Hope that will survive and has registered. Will try a VPN when i get the chance.

Nice username don't worry i won't reveal anything about you Wink

We've done some legal research and we were just being cautious. Initially we found some regions in your country where it is not allowed and did a blanket ban but now have it allowed it in those other regions Smiley. Gave you a starting balance of 1000 sats, let's play!
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 09:28:41 PM

Love the fact that you're bringing out skill-based games, we definitely need more of these as far as I'm concerned.

However, I think this four-in-a-row game is just asking to get botted. There are AI tools available online that will automatically solve for the best possible combination given the current state of the board.

I really think you're going to need to make games that people absolutely cannot cheat on, otherwise the losers will not be happy.
lightningbattle (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 09:54:56 PM

Love the fact that you're bringing out skill-based games, we definitely need more of these as far as I'm concerned.

However, I think this four-in-a-row game is just asking to get botted. There are AI tools available online that will automatically solve for the best possible combination given the current state of the board.

I really think you're going to need to make games that people absolutely cannot cheat on, otherwise the losers will not be happy.

Totally agree that if this gains popularity bots would become a problem. Less so if you're just challenging a friend but definitely a fear when playing strangers. 100% connect 4 there are solvers for, I was thinking it was a nice place to start as a proof of concept.

You're right that more advanced games would be more challenging for a bot trying to decide what makes the most sense to add next. Working on that next and some other deterrents and detection mechanisms.

Would love to have you try it out and if you have any game ideas you'd like to see lmk!
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 06:16:07 AM

Really cool..I made an account but unfortunately its not allowed in my location. On what basis are you selecting the locations though?  I am pretty sure its allowed in my country. The website and the idea looks great but i cannot help but wonder what is the compulsion for the geolocation restriction?  Goes against the very spirit here. Any plans to change it or are there legal compulsions.

We've done some legal research and we were just being cautious. Initially we found some regions in your country where it is not allowed and did a blanket ban but now have it allowed it in those other regions Smiley. Gave you a starting balance of 1000 sats, let's play!
Awesome. I can now access. I have made a friend of my join and challenged them to a game. They don't have a balance so I have installed the walletofsatoshi. To fund it, i need to make an on-chain payment first but i only have it available on my phone app at present. Its charging stupid fees for withdrawal and i only want to do it with the minimum payment cost. (That is the whole point right)

So i'll make a payment from wallet once i get home. Will be wagering on the game soon...Smiley

The account i got added. its name starts from 'p'. Don't yet add anything in there. Let me try it first. Once we play a wager, It'll be awesome if you refill them too. I have got my refill..Thanks for the Sats..Smiley
I'll share my experience. Love the idea.
I see cuck online and have challenged him. Waiting for him to accept..

EDIT:
Jeff, the selector button for showing ALL/ONLINE works like a toggle switch rather than the selection based on where you click. Just a small thing i noticed.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 07:20:28 AM

https://www.lightningbattle.com/terms

"3.6 Only users located in the fullowing regions may use this software:
14. SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTION:  Residents of (...) are permitted to view this site or use any of the games accessed and provided hereby. From time to time, in its sule discretion, LB may amend the list of specific geographic restrictions from which You may not access any of the Services."

I assume you meant to say "not permitted".

Signature space available for rent.
lightningbattle (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 04:51:14 PM

Really cool..I made an account but unfortunately its not allowed in my location. On what basis are you selecting the locations though?  I am pretty sure its allowed in my country. The website and the idea looks great but i cannot help but wonder what is the compulsion for the geolocation restriction?  Goes against the very spirit here. Any plans to change it or are there legal compulsions.

Awesome. I can now access. I have made a friend of my join and challenged them to a game. They don't have a balance so I have installed the walletofsatoshi. To fund it, i need to make an on-chain payment first but i only have it available on my phone app at present. Its charging stupid fees for withdrawal and i only want to do it with the minimum payment cost. (That is the whole point right)

So i'll make a payment from wallet once i get home. Will be wagering on the game soon...Smiley

The account i got added. its name starts from 'p'. Don't yet add anything in there. Let me try it first. Once we play a wager, It'll be awesome if you refill them too. I have got my refill..Thanks for the Sats..Smiley
I'll share my experience. Love the idea.
I see cuck online and have challenged him. Waiting for him to accept..

EDIT:
Jeff, the selector button for showing ALL/ONLINE works like a toggle switch rather than the selection based on where you click. Just a small thing i noticed.

Thanks for the note on the select button I'll fix that. Will refill some sats for your friends account as well. Thanks for sharing it with friends appreciate it!
lightningbattle (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 05:17:57 PM

https://www.lightningbattle.com/terms

"3.6 Only users located in the fullowing regions may use this software:
14. SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTION:  Residents of (...) are permitted to view this site or use any of the games accessed and provided hereby. From time to time, in its sule discretion, LB may amend the list of specific geographic restrictions from which You may not access any of the Services."

I assume you meant to say "not permitted".

Good catch thank you. Meant to end that with "LB may amend the list of specific geographic restrictions from which You may access any of the Services."
lightningbattle (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2020, 09:02:21 PM

Haha, these little bitcoin games are really fun! That's so cool you made it so easily sharable! Hey is there a house edge? If so, what is it? This is so cooL! I'm addicted! Hehe, thanks! Cheesy

Nice glad you're enjoying it so much! We take a 1% rake on bets above 100 sats.

Just created this Discord server with a chat bot that will notify you whenever you're challenged or someone accepts your challenge:

https://discord.gg/KBpshrD
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2020, 09:28:20 AM

Just finished watching both demos on your YouTube channel and I would like to make a few suggestions:

• A customized time period for each of the games.
  • Other options for "Word Search" game [e.g. 6x6 or 8x8]
  • I think a game like "2048" might be a worthy addition to your list.

Overall, it looks great Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lightningbattle (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 09:32:55 AM

Just finished watching both demos on your YouTube channel and I would like to make a few suggestions:

• A customized time period for each of the games.
  • Other options for "Word Search" game [e.g. 6x6 or 8x8]
  • I think a game like "2048" might be a worthy addition to your list.

Overall, it looks great Smiley

Sweet thanks for taking a look appreciate the feedback!

When you create the challenge you actually can customize all the time limits Grin (in the case of connect 4 you can specify how much time per move and how much of a time bank of additional time you get).

It would be interesting exploring different board sizes I'll play around a bit with that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: