Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grin coin - US markets?  (Read 95 times)
mrkubanftw (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 05:56:58 PM

Well during the new craze of the world it looks like GRIN is doing okay. Iv'e been out of the market and miners for a long while. I see America has been removed from most of the reasonable exchanges... which is just super nice...  Roll Eyes

In my new world of mostly challenges... is there a US compatible market that trades GRIN? Can't seem to find one. Really wish Kraken would take that on....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 06:52:46 PM

Do you ask for trading GRIN with fiat USD? If so, It's quite difficult for you to find a fiat market for alt coins always. Fiat - Crypto exchanges always support the buying and selling options for popular currencies like BTC and ETH for majority of the time. It would be a quite difficult hunt for you to find a way to sell or buy altcoins from a exchange using USD. Coinbase is one among the popular exchanges where you can buy and sell bitcoin with USD or other similar currencies but they support only a handful of popular altcoins. So does Kraken and Gemini exchanges as well.

Rather you can buy/sell GRIN using bitcoin in some centralized exchanges like Hotbit or Kucoin and then at a later point of time sell off your bitcoin through Coinbase, Kraken or Gemini.

If your query is to buy GRIN in a USA based crypto exchange you should trade GRIN in Bittrex exchange. The exchange has it's HQ in Seattle and is one among the most popular USA based exchanges which support GRIN.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 07:09:34 PM

Do you ask for trading GRIN with fiat USD? If so, It's quite difficult for you to find a fiat market for alt coins always. Fiat - Crypto exchanges always support the buying and selling options for popular currencies like BTC and ETH for majority of the time. It would be a quite difficult hunt for you to find a way to sell or buy altcoins from a exchange using USD. Coinbase is one among the popular exchanges where you can buy and sell bitcoin with USD or other similar currencies but they support only a handful of popular altcoins. So does Kraken and Gemini exchanges as well.

Rather you can buy/sell GRIN using bitcoin in some centralized exchanges like Hotbit or Kucoin and then at a later point of time sell off your bitcoin through Coinbase, Kraken or Gemini.

If your query is to buy GRIN in a USA based crypto exchange you should trade GRIN in Bittrex exchange. The exchange has it's HQ in Seattle and is one among the most popular USA based exchanges which support GRIN.

Thanks for the input. You're saying i can trade GRIN for BTC on Hotbit or Kucoin as an american?

Bittrex is a company i just requested a full account closure from due to them not actually supporting GRIN. The "International Bittrex" that was just shut down (last year) for Americans is where they traded GRIN. As far as i know there is no way to trade GRIN from the American Bittrex but please tell me if i'm wrong.

More or less i cant unless i cant to go through 6 fee gates just to get to fiat, likely crushing any profit i made anyways. Sick.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 07:11:47 PM

Bittrex seems to be the only major exchange allowing US traders to use their GRIN pairs, though if you haven't used the exchange before and you're interested I suggest looking at this page to see if you're eligible to sign up based on what state you live in. As the member above said, another easy way to move your assets into fiat or BTC is to trade on another exchange that doesn't require KYC and then transfer your funds to more US-compatible exchange that accepts the coin and also allows for fiat withdrawals.

EDIT--

KuCoin doesn't explicitly state that they don't allow US residents to trade on their platform (though they don't do KYC with US residents, thus you don't have access to the full platform), but like with most other similar platforms over the years, that can change at any time. Without submitting KYC, you can withdraw 2 BTC daily like with Binance.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 07:44:23 PM

Bittrex seems to be the only major exchange allowing US traders to use their GRIN pairs, though if you haven't used the exchange before and you're interested I suggest looking at this page to see if you're eligible to sign up based on what state you live in. As the member above said, another easy way to move your assets into fiat or BTC is to trade on another exchange that doesn't require KYC and then transfer your funds to more US-compatible exchange that accepts the coin and also allows for fiat withdrawals.

EDIT--

KuCoin doesn't explicitly state that they don't allow US residents to trade on their platform (though they don't do KYC with US residents, thus you don't have access to the full platform), but like with most other similar platforms over the years, that can change at any time. Without submitting KYC, you can withdraw 2 BTC daily like with Binance.

Again can anyone confirm Bittrex actually does this? I just made an account today and GRIN was not able to be traded. I am not in one of the affected states. By my point of view bittrex does not allow americans to trade GRIN at all.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 10:14:55 PM

EDIT--

Kucoin also not supporting 2BTC withdrawl limit unless verified. See below

Current Benefits
--------------------
Deposit

Exchange

Margin Trade

Available Benefits for Successful Verification
-------------------------------------------------
Withdrawal Limit
Daily Withdrawal Limit: 2 BTC

Contract Trading Leverage
Max. Leverage on Contract Trading: 100x

Fiat-to-Crypto Trading Limit
Daily Trading Limit: 1400 USDT
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 10:34:40 PM

Well during the new craze of the world it looks like GRIN is doing okay. Iv'e been out of the market and miners for a long while. I see America has been removed from most of the reasonable exchanges... which is just super nice...  Roll Eyes

In my new world of mostly challenges... is there a US compatible market that trades GRIN? Can't seem to find one. Really wish Kraken would take that on....

ALRIGHT

So i'm back to original understanding that there is not a single exchange that will even trade BTC for GRIN right now for an american... fiat aside. Unless someone has recent experience i could implore... this was a fun exercise in futility. Miners off.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2020, 07:55:47 AM

Thanks for the input. You're saying i can trade GRIN for BTC on Hotbit or Kucoin as an american?

Bittrex is a company i just requested a full account closure from due to them not actually supporting GRIN. The "International Bittrex" that was just shut down (last year) for Americans is where they traded GRIN. As far as i know there is no way to trade GRIN from the American Bittrex but please tell me if i'm wrong.

More or less i cant unless i cant to go through 6 fee gates just to get to fiat, likely crushing any profit i made anyways. Sick.
I don't belong to USA, but I don't think there is a hurdle for you to trade GRIN with BTC in Hotbit or Kucoin regardless of where you stay actually. I have a Hotbit account and I have never done a KYC before and withdrawed some decent amount of btc as well. Similarly why don't you just try buying btc from coinbase and trade them with GRIN in exchanges like Hotbit and Kucoin?

If you are facing difficulties in logging in through a American IP, try using TOR or VPN if that works for you. I don't get the point why do you need KYC initially to trade some btc in popular exchanges? I assume you have traded btc with fiat like USD in Coinbase before. If so, just transfer them to Hotbit or Kucoin account and buy GRIN.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2020, 09:17:06 AM

The US doesn't like privacy coin, only Dash and ZEC, not even XMR AFAIK accepted in Coinbase. https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/general-crypto-education/supported-cryptocurrencies.html

Anyway, it would be best to use markets listed on this https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/grin/markets/ to exchange GRIN to USDT or BTC. Some still offer anonymous accounts with limited withdrawal.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████