Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Known DAOs in Crypto Land?  (Read 101 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 21, 2020, 01:20:42 AM

For those unaware, a "DAO" is a term that refers to a "Decentralized Autonomous Organization" where organizations live on the Blockchain itself. It was hailed to be the next big thing in crypto back in 2016, which aimed to eliminate the need from human intervention (truly autonomous and decentralized). A future where organizations would live on the Blockchain governed by its stakeholders was a very interesting idea/concept in crypto's early days. Projects or proposals would receive the approval of the Blockchain's stakeholders, as well as, funding in a truly decentralized manner.

Ever since "The DAO" was hacked on the Ethereum blockchain back in 2016, things have been quite silent about the development of new DAOs within the Blockchain space. So far, I'm aware of a DAO called "Wings.ai" which is sort of a crowdfunding system living on the Blockchain. Stakeholders would approve certain projects/proposals for the Blockchain to provide funding autonomously. But I have to say, that the level of interest in developing new DAOs has been quite low over the years.

I'd like to know if there are other DAOs out there in the crypto/Blockchain space that are as good as Wings.ai? I've been looking across the web with no luck so far. Most of the DAOs I've stumbled upon, where either abandoned by their devs or turned out to be a scam in the long run. Which is why, I'm curious to know if there are other great alternatives to "The DAO" (defunct) and "Wings.ai" that I could use for my own benefit?

Any help, suggestions, or recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 11:41:30 PM

Bump

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:31:44 AM

Hello I am not so inclined about DAO but Ive seen this project being massively advertise here in forum called Geoma Dao. Obviously its a new project but maybe you can inspect it if the project has something to offer good such as wingsAI. They havent launch yet, but as I visited their telegram it seems that they are approachable to many users inquiry. Hope it can help you.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 06:01:23 PM

Hello I am not so inclined about DAO but Ive seen this project being massively advertise here in forum called Geoma Dao. Obviously its a new project but maybe you can inspect it if the project has something to offer good such as wingsAI. They havent launch yet, but as I visited their telegram it seems that they are approachable to many users inquiry. Hope it can help you.

Never heard about this project before. I've read the Whitepaper and checked the site but there's no in-depth information about the DAO's real use cases for the mainstream world. Considering that it's new, I'd be very skeptical in using it. At least, the idea is there. After the original DAO was hacked on the ETH blockchain back in 2016, the level of interest into creating new DAOs has been at an All-time-low. So far, Wings.ai is the only DAO out there which works as intended. It serves as a great crowdfunding platform for anyone to "kickstart" their projects with crypto. We need more DAOs in the crypto space, if we want to change the way organizations are structured within the mainstream world.

I've used to interact with the Phoenix DAO on ETH back then, but it turned out to become abandoned by the devs. If the trend continues, the concept of a DAO will only be a failed idea that never came into reality within the mainstream world. Of course, we already have a DAO (Wings.ai) but I believe that's not enough. Eventually, the idea of DAOs within the crypto space will die as people look for next big thing in crypto. I'd wish there were other DAOs there so that I could play/experiment with them. At least, the original DAO's source code is out there on the web where anyone can improve upon it to create a better version for mainstream use.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your suggestion. If you or anyone else know of any more DAOs in the crypto/Blockchain space, please feel free to share them here. DAOs would prove to be useful as autonomous entities operating on the Blockchain without the need for human intervention. Maybe in the future, we'll get to see DAOs more thoroughly in the mainstream world? I guess that there are other important things to focus besides DAOs after all. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: