Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF BLOCKCHAIN.info !  (Read 2541 times)
DuppyBTC (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:56:09 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 01:39:45 AM by DuppyBTC

FELLOW USERS PLEASE BEWARE OF BLOCKCHAIN !..... AS YOU MAY ALREADY KNOW THEIR SERVICE WAS DOWN FOR ALMOST 36 HOURS EARLIER THIS WEEK, DENYING USERS ACCESS TO THEIR WALLET. COINCIDENTALLY AFTER THE SERVICE WS BACK UP AGAIN THERE WERE MANY COMPLAINT OF USERS WITH 0 BTC MEANING USERS LOGGED IN TO THEIR WALLETS TO FIND THEIR ACCOUNT WAS WIPED CLEAN. I AM ONE OF THOSE USERS.

I HAVE EMAILED BLOCKCHAIN SEVERAL TIMES RAISING THIS TERRIFYING ISSUE AND SO HAVE NUMEROUS OTHER VICTIMS BUT THEY HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND.

PLEASE BE WARNED !!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sledge

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:05:33 AM

Please post the email you sent, complete with the headers, or the tweets. I don't believe you. Furthermore, who are the other numerous victims?

Also, the address you gave has transactions going through it that are worth hundreds of thousands of $US dollars. It isn't even wiped clean.

I call bullshit.
dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:05:49 AM

COBOL programmer in a previous life, were you?
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:18:00 AM

FELLOW USERS PLEASE BEWARE OF BLOCKCHAIN !..... AS YOU MAY ALREADY KNOW THEIR SERVICE WAS DOWN FOR ALMOST 36 HOURS EARLIER THIS WEEK, DENYING USERS ACCESS TO THEIR WALLET. COINCIDENTALLY AFTER THE SERVICE WS BACK UP AGAIN THERE WERE MANY COMPLAINT OF USERS WITH 0 BTC MEANING USERS LOGGED IN TO THEIR WALLETS TO FIND THEIR ACCOUNT WAS WIPED CLEAN. I AM ONE OF THOSE USERS.
A TRANSACTION WAS MADE FROM MY WALLET WITHOUT MY AUTHORITY THE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS :

14dqWzZ5kn6VDgVquzuvkLeL1SGSvML3ap

2014-03-19 04:55:35

I HAVE EMAILED BLOCKCHAIN SEVERAL TIMES RAISING THIS TERRIFYING ISSUE AND SO HAVE NUMEROUS OTHER VICTIMS BUT THEY HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND.

PLEASE BE WARNED !!!!

Which transaction did you not authorize?

Seems strange for someone to not clear out the wallet if they had access.

Why do you still have BTC in there if you think it is compromised?
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:25:19 AM

A TRANSACTION WAS MADE FROM MY WALLET WITHOUT MY AUTHORITY THE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS :

PLEASE BE WARNED !!!!

You do not own any bitcoins if you are not the sole owner of the associated private keys!
Hanzie

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:32:29 AM

Something weird is going on with blockchain.info. All my transactions and $ balance are reading as infinity symbols.
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:36:21 AM

Something weird is going on with blockchain.info. All my transactions and $ balance are reading as infinity symbols.
And they are resending SMSes and emails about old transactions - this is probably what freaked out the OP.
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:39:56 AM

COBOL programmer in a previous life, were you?

LOL  that is some funny shit, my mis-spent youth flashed in front of me.

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
CoinRocka

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:40:07 AM

And they are resending SMSes and emails about old transactions - this is probably what freaked out the OP.

Anyone else get nervous when they saw withdrawals from their wallets yesterday ?

I was like "Noooooooooooooooo"...
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:47:42 AM

I got an SMS last night saying someone just sent me 1BTC..... They lied.  Grin
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:58:11 AM

Why is it  that for the last 24 hrs I have come across no less than 10 new threads started by Newbies as their first post claiming they have been wronged. From unconfirmed purchases of no less than 5 Antminer S1's? with NO prior posts? To people like this who say they lost their wallet balance? with no prior posts to this forum? There are several others! I'm thinking the OP is the scam! Fearmongering!
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:10:46 PM

DENYING USERS ACCESS TO THEIR WALLET.

LOL!! They did not deny access to your wallets! If you would've made a backup of it, you could've imported your private keys into MultiBit. It's no ones fault but your own if you didn't properly educate yourself before jumping into something where you could potentially loose money!!....Love noobs!!
MannyEric

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:16:03 PM

I've noticed a following thing with their Android app.

It loses the pairing with blockchain.info. App asks for the wallet passphrase and then tells it's wrong and wants to pair with the Blockhain.info again. If i try to do that, I get the following message: "invalid pairing version code 0". Only thing helped was to completely uninstall the app and reinstall it. But after a while the thing happens again: pairing lost and "password wrong". Fortunately my wallet is empty ATM. If i log in to blockchain.info all is fine...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:12:55 PM

bring back newbie section PLEASE

the fud is getting worse

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rarCoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:45:19 PM

I also had an unauthorized transaction yesterday, I've been using blockchain for about 2 years now and have never had this problem before. I talked to support and they said i either had malware or used a phishing site. I'm using Ubuntu so I don't think malware is the problem, I was in a hurry when i logged in but i tried to look for phishing sites by doing a search and couldn't really find any( i also just made this wallet). The only other thing i did was use tor while creating this wallet(for anonymity) not sure if thats what did it, but I've done this multiple times before with no problem. Guess this is just the nature of the btc game, i should have set a secondary pass maybe? any insight would help for future transaction. this is the wallet for reference 1CDAeLd55L4o9ivYGHsH2JecB3HfRgVKYt   
Neuerung

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:07:22 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 02:30:09 PM by Neuerung

I also had an unauthorized transaction yesterday, I've been using blockchain for about 2 years now and have never had this problem before. I talked to support and they said i either had malware or used a phishing site. I'm using Ubuntu so I don't think malware is the problem, I was in a hurry when i logged in but i tried to look for phishing sites by doing a search and couldn't really find any( i also just made this wallet). The only other thing i did was use tor while creating this wallet(for anonymity) not sure if thats what did it, but I've done this multiple times before with no problem. Guess this is just the nature of the btc game, i should have set a secondary pass maybe? any insight would help for future transaction. this is the wallet for reference 1CDAeLd55L4o9ivYGHsH2JecB3HfRgVKYt   
Thera was phishing site yesterday on top of the google ads (so in front of the normal search results) for a few hours, when looking for blockchain.info on google. Google removed it eventually.

The site looked exactly like the normal blockchain wallet login, but the url was something different like "blockchain.info.xxxx.xxx". I have two factor autentification and the field for two factor authentification did not show up. I did not enter anything on this mask.

Maybe you went on this phishing site and you did not have two factor authentification on. Then the phishing site stole your password and they emptied your wallet.
My real account on blockchain.info is just fine, nothing missing...

rarCoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

Thera was phishing site yesterday on top of the google ads (so in front a the normal search results) for a few hours, when looking for blockchain.info on google. Google removed it eventually.

the site looked exactly like the normal blockchain wallet login, but the url was something different like "blockchain.info.xxxx.xxx". I have two factor autentification and the field for two factor authentification did not show up. I did not enter anything on this mask.

Maybe you went on this phishing site and you did not have two factor authenticiation on. The the phishing site stole your password.
My real account on blockchain.info is just fine, nothing missing...

I bet your right, first time thats ever happened to me. I was in a hurry searched using whatever the default tor bundle search is, used first result and logged in and it didnt work clicked back to search and logged in the correct link. Well next time i should be more careful, learned my lesson this time.
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:17:40 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 02:31:24 PM by PerrythePlatypus

Blockchain does not have any access to your private keys. If you check your wallet address against other BlockExplorers, you will find that the amount of Bitcoins did not change. If you do not trust them, you can always export your wallet and use it with desktop clients like multibit.

Edit: https://blog.blockchain.com/2014/03/20/notifications/
They did give an explaination  Smiley
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:27:56 PM

PLEASE BE WARNED !!!!

You do not own any bitcoins if you are not the sole owner of the associated private keys!

blockchain encrypt the private keys - I got a wallet dumped from their support recently, they just emailed me an encrypted zip file
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:37:30 PM

The servers may go down once in awhile, and if it is then its the maintenance and then after 24 hrs its usually back up.

But if your referring to this blockchain wallet with backing up the dat fiile, http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/20j76w/just_had_the_most_terrifying_day_and_you_fuckers/

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: