Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:33:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] LEGO DESIGNS  (Read 331 times)
Csmiami (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1323

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 01:20:50 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2020, 02:19:07 PM by Csmiami
Merited by OgNasty (2), krogothmanhattan (2), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

First of all, I'd like to apologize if I'm posting on the wrong section, but I believe that this is the closest to my intentions. If you really believe this shouldn't go here, please point me out to where I should move to thread.

Having said that, and as it has been discussed here, I'm starting a costum Bitcoin related LEGO crafting stuff that I don't really know how to describe. Point is, I've already made my first (not vevry complicated) design, and that's what I'm selling!

What do I mean saying "I'm selling the design"? Well, it takes quite some time to think about a model, then craft it and make sure there are no issues with it. For that, I use a designing software, so once the design is 100% ready to be sold, I bring it here, if anyone is interested in buying, s/he buys it and then, I order brand new pieces (let's play safe, we don't want no COVID-19), and once it's assembled, I ship it to the buyer.

Now that the basics are explained; here comes the first design:

What am I seeing? Welp, I know it may look kinda basic, but that's the http://Bitcointalk.org QR code (fully functional), followed by a BTC logo (okay, yeah, it's basic but I had to start somewhere).

And the funny stuff, what is the price for this? You are looking at a 64*32 LEGO(branded) piece, so if any of you has ever played with LEGo, you already know that it's not the cheapest material, altough it's quality is amazing. This model will be selling for 60€(EUR) + shipping fees.

Is this a final model? No, if you are interested in doing so, some things can be changed; but with those changes, price will also change.

Can I buy more than one? Definately; and even better, that will "reduce" the shipping fees, and maybe, the original price (in case I get a discount). This last part also applies to different people buying it at the same time.

I've already explained in this thread how the pricing is calculated, in case you are interested in knowing so

I leave this open to further questions that may arise, or to constructive criticism. And aga,in; if I'm not in the right section, please do redirect me to where I should move this. I believe it should be here because it's a physical good and it's kinda collectible, but I'm not 100% sure

Kind regards

TheNovemberMan
Copper Member

Activity: 458
Merit: 134

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 01:47:59 AM

Does it come in different colours?
I think it would look great in the Bitcoin Orange and White!
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:02:51 AM

Definitely the correct place. Love new creators bringing fresh ideas/products here!

As a lego loving tike..I like the idea. But..really hard to picture a final product. I would highly suggest to make a first model so that buyers can see what it’s actually going to look like. Not very likely you get more than an order or two without this. Look forward to the final product.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Csmiami (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 02:46:13 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2020, 10:23:05 AM by Csmiami

I can look into it, but it all depends on the blocks actually existing or not; not every shape/size is available in every color, and that may pump the price up a lot. I'll see if I can get at least the QR on orange tomorrow

Definitely the correct place. Love new creators bringing fresh ideas/products here!

As a lego loving tike..I like the idea. But..really hard to picture a final product. I would highly suggest to make a first model so that buyers can see what it’s actually going to look like. Not very likely you get more than an order or two without this. Look forward to the final product.

Already done that on the first post Cheesy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5234091.msg54060736#msg54060736
The only diference is that the digital model is a blck/grey base with white block; and the digital model is a white base with black plates

Editing to add the said already made code. Needless to say, different bricks were used because I didn't think it would take so many of them and almos ran out of them

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 03:10:55 AM

I was dropped on my head as a child and still using hooked on phonics.  Cool idea /product indeed ! 

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Csmiami (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 10:55:55 AM

I've checked this, and the closest I can get is with yellow tiles; which do not generate a contrast big enough to be readable with a QR scanner.

Nevertheless, I've made an alternative: the whole code covered with flat tiles:

I've only screenshoted the code, since it's the only thing that changes; BTC logo is still the same

It's a bit more expensive, I guess 70€+shipping would be the right price for this one, but now again, as I explained in the other thread, I'm doing all the calculations based on a minimum profit (around 5€), so I'd have to give some thought to it

Csmiami (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 02:18:48 PM

Bump! taking custom orders!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: