Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:07:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HEX Editor  (Read 262 times)
Kaonashi1993 (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 12:37:03 AM

I've found a ckey to wallet.dat opening using notepad and found KeyA to every public address what does this KeyA mean is it the privatekey of Publickey corresponds to that address this KeyA I'm pointing is gibberish as it's sound is there a way to decode this using some editor or software python etc,,...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 03:09:28 AM

What do you actually have here? Are you able to open it in a text editor and see anything English?

Is it hexadecimal with just 1234567890abcde or does it have other letters and characters such as =.

What's keyA too? Could you post it's length if it is hexadecimal? People may be able to help but currently the op isn't greatly informative...
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 03:25:05 AM

What are you trying to accomplish by looking at the wallet.dat file in a hex editor? Just open it in Bitcoin Core.

ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7492

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 11:26:42 AM
Merited by aliashraf (1)

This is clearly XY problem, if your goal requires master private key, private key, public key or bitcoin address, then as @achow101 mentioned, just open it in Bitcoin Core.

It's different story if the wallet.dat is encrypted and you don't know the password.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kaonashi1993 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 09:55:47 PM

it is gibberish as it looks like thus far not making any symbolism of any kind, pub priv, etc...
What do you actually have here? Are you able to open it in a text editor and see anything English?

Is it hexadecimal with just 1234567890abcde or does it have other letters and characters such as =.

What's keyA too? Could you post it's length if it is hexadecimal? People may be able to help but currently the op isn't greatly informative...
I'm looking for a particular prefix of the Json format to indicated any resemblance to the private key as I'm hoping this XY problem may be one of my curiosity to the wallet.dat I had sorry,
This is clearly XY problem, if your goal requires master private key, private key, public key or bitcoin address, then as @achow101 mentioned, just open it in Bitcoin Core.

It's different story if the wallet.dat is encrypted and you don't know the password.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 10:22:19 PM

~snip~

I think it's impossible to decrypt the wallet.dat no one success on this for a long time using a hex editor.

If your wallet.dat is locked or encrypted with a password the only tools you can use to recover the wallet is the BTCrecovery tool

It seems you are still looking for a way to recover your wallet according to your old thread from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5229439.0

Old methods you found on Google using hashcat will not work on latest version of wallet.dat unlike before.

Your final solution is to use the BTCrecovery but if you don't have any idea about your old password(If you don't own this wallet.dat) it's impossible to recover it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 05:01:59 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I'm looking for a particular prefix of the Json format to indicated any resemblance to the private key as I'm hoping this XY problem may be one of my curiosity to the wallet.dat I had sorry,
It's not JSON formatted.

If you are trying to get the private keys for your wallet, open it in Bitcoin Core and use the dumpwallet or dumpprivkey RPC commands.

If your wallet is locked and you have forgotten your passphrase, then inspecting the wallet.dat file isn't going to help you.

If you just want to learn how the Bitcoin Core wallet stores data, read the source code: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/wallet/walletdb.cpp

Again, what are you trying to accomplish by looking at the wallet.dat file? What do you think is in there that you cannot get by using Bitcoin Core?

Kaonashi1993 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2020, 09:55:04 PM

Thank you for all the support wish me luck on own very little project, maybe it is actually btcrecover who might be able to help me at this point, thus my curiosity on the wallet.dat formatted on json file astonish me to look for particular pattern of somehow related to privkey or any other information I could use to decode this wallet, by then thank you all I'll be locking the thread now,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: