Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Oqex exchange a scam exchange?
Yes - 3 (60%)
No - 0 (0%)
I don't know - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oqex Exchange  (Read 288 times)
Mateo Jr

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 11:55:43 AM

Why create copy exchanges? The name is copied, from the Okex exchange, this is a typical clickbait.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andreasanta

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 10:42:41 PM

THIS IS CONFIRMED SCAM. I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM MYSELF, please BE AWARE and READ BELOW for details.

This is my first post here, because I want to share my experience in order to save other people the trouble and money.

I was lured via Telegram into an allegedly trading arbitrage channel. The only arbitrage performed there was binance VS oqex.io.

Then I decided to try the exchange, they allow you in right away, KYC is done immediately (probably none) and you can deposit BTC immediately.

They let me execute two transactions, the first one took a long while, I think because it was authorized manually, but before executing the third I decided to investigate.

Please be aware that the exchange looks professional and completely legit! Don't let it fool you!

Here are some facts:

1. No-one from support ever replies
2. There is an "official" telegram group full of scammers trying to get you to trade
3. The Telegram group looks legit, they have 8k members and counting, so watch out!
4. The admin - @violet_oqexsupport - even writes to you, tells you that there are no limits on BTC transfers, but the anti-arbitrage bot might block you, you should pay a permanent unlocking fee to developers or deposit 25000 USD for Institutional account.
5. She sent me a shady link on tawk.to with a supposed developer on the other side, which asked for my e-mail to process the BTC unlocking fee. And... I gave the wrong e-mail on purpose, but they confirmed I was a registered customer nonetheless and I should pay to the given address. Can they at least check the database? Cheesy
6. I got even more suspicious obviously and asked for contract, EULA, agreement, whatsoever to confirm the unlock before I pay, they said I'll get it after in my email. So I closed the chat.
7. After a while few people on the channel tried to incite me to invest more
8. Other people from the channel tried to warn me they're scammers and they can help get my money back for 20% fee, from a company called VibrantEagle. This is probably either another sucker scammer or a very well plotted scheme Smiley

Long story short, I got away with some little profit, a small disappointment but it could have gone a LOT worse.

I hope it helps whoever stumbles upon them and they close for good.

If some action can be taken legally, please proceed immediately if you read this! I'm willing to testify if needed.

Good luck to you all!
CryptoLordguru (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

play bold and get rewarded!!

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 07:49:22 AM

Why create copy exchanges? The name is copied, from the Okex exchange, this is a typical clickbait.
Agree, no doubt it is a scam exchange.
THIS IS CONFIRMED SCAM. I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM MYSELF, please BE AWARE and READ BELOW for details.

This is my first post here, because I want to share my experience in order to save other people the trouble and money.

I was lured via Telegram into an allegedly trading arbitrage channel. The only arbitrage performed there was binance VS oqex.io.

Then I decided to try the exchange, they allow you in right away, KYC is done immediately (probably none) and you can deposit BTC immediately.

They let me execute two transactions, the first one took a long while, I think because it was authorized manually, but before executing the third I decided to investigate.

Please be aware that the exchange looks professional and completely legit! Don't let it fool you!

Here are some facts:

1. No-one from support ever replies
2. There is an "official" telegram group full of scammers trying to get you to trade
3. The Telegram group looks legit, they have 8k members and counting, so watch out!
4. The admin - @violet_oqexsupport - even writes to you, tells you that there are no limits on BTC transfers, but the anti-arbitrage bot might block you, you should pay a permanent unlocking fee to developers or deposit 25000 USD for Institutional account.
5. She sent me a shady link on tawk.to with a supposed developer on the other side, which asked for my e-mail to process the BTC unlocking fee. And... I gave the wrong e-mail on purpose, but they confirmed I was a registered customer nonetheless and I should pay to the given address. Can they at least check the database? Cheesy
6. I got even more suspicious obviously and asked for contract, EULA, agreement, whatsoever to confirm the unlock before I pay, they said I'll get it after in my email. So I closed the chat.
7. After a while few people on the channel tried to incite me to invest more
8. Other people from the channel tried to warn me they're scammers and they can help get my money back for 20% fee, from a company called VibrantEagle. This is probably either another sucker scammer or a very well plotted scheme Smiley

Long story short, I got away with some little profit, a small disappointment but it could have gone a LOT worse.

I hope it helps whoever stumbles upon them and they close for good.

If some action can be taken legally, please proceed immediately if you read this! I'm willing to testify if needed.

Good luck to you all!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy that you got out from there.
AthenaBanana
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 07:58:08 AM

Never trust this kind of exchange this is sure to be a big scam only greedy traders or new will fall for this kind of scheme, Trust only the trusted exchange that has proved their service already
CryptoLordguru (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 08:17:12 AM

Never trust this kind of exchange this is sure to be a big scam only greedy traders or new will fall for this kind of scheme, Trust only the trusted exchange that has proved their service already
I agree with you
andreasanta

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 11:25:19 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy that you got out from there.

My pleasure, please vote as SCAM in the poll above in my stead, because I don't seem to have permission Smiley
CryptoLordguru (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 02:45:23 PM

Sim, infelizmente cai nesse golpe.
Fui adicionado ao grupo do Telegram, que supostamente fazia arbitragens entre Binance e OQex (Phishing OKEX)
Fiz 2 testes antes de mandar um valor alto, foi transferido sem problemas... na terceira vez não consegui fazer mais as operações.

APARECE A SEGUINTE MENSAGEM: Bloqueio de arbitragem! Entre em contato com o suporte ao vivo!

Eles te permitem fazer 2 transações e na terceira as transações, no suporte ainda não fui respondido.
Mas já bloquearam meus BTCs, o equivalente a R$ 10.000,00.
I am so sorry for your loss. You wrote in portuguese language which was difficult to understand at first. I used google translate to understand what you wrote.. Stay safe, use only known exchange.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: