Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Democracy  (Read 2121 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:05:25 AM

http://sidewalkbubblegum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sidewalk_bubblegum_068.gif

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 03:13:52 AM

You killed BoB! You Bastard!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 03:20:55 AM

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 05:39:15 AM

JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 06:14:21 AM

Which is why we are:

A) Not strictly a democracy
B) Have state-issued protections in place to keep the majority from fucking over a minority.

but cool comic I guess?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 08:46:07 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15809269

Don't you wish you were Syrian instead of having to spend the next month wondering if it will be Romney or Gingrich facing Obama in 2012? All those hard decisions taken away from you and you could devote yourself to anti-democracy comics full time.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:56:06 PM

Which is why we are:

A) Not strictly a democracy

Just because it's a restricted democracy doesn't mean that it is, in principle, any more right than an unrestricted democracy.

Bullying is wrong, period.  A lenient bully is better than a brutal bully, but that doesn't make him less of a bully.

B) Have state-issued protections in place to keep the majority from fucking over a minority.

Those state protections are arbitrary and create some classes of people that are more equal than others.

For instance, certain religious minorities are permitted to take illegal drugs "for spiritual purposes" but non-religious minorities who take them for equally spiritual purposes go to jail.

Wouldn't it be better if those protections weren't needed in the first place?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 01:03:11 AM

Don't you wish you were Syrian instead of having to spend the next month wondering if it will be Romney or Gingrich facing Obama in 2012? All those hard decisions taken away from you and you could devote yourself to anti-democracy comics full time.

I disagree. I think it'll be Cain vs Un-Abel.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:37:17 AM

I'll place a 50 bitcoin bet that Cain will not be the Republican nominee.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 02:03:35 PM

I may take you up on that offer, but first let me watch the Democrat debates. Any idea when those are going to start? The media seems to be only showing the Republican debates. Maybe it's because their primary is first because we have a Demo in Oval Room.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 02:35:29 PM

I may take you up on that offer, but first let me watch the Democrat debates. Any idea when those are going to start? The media seems to be only showing the Republican debates. Maybe it's because their primary is first because we have a Demo in Oval Room.

Barack Obama will be running on the Democratic ticket.  There won't be any Democratic debates.

He will be running against Mitt Romney unless a someone new and incredibly impressive enters the Republican race. 
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 02:50:01 AM

Barack Obama will be running on the Democratic ticket.  There won't be any Democratic debates.

He will be running against Mitt Romney unless a someone new and incredibly impressive enters the Republican race.  

Say it ain't so, Joe! No Democratic debates. Then how come there where so many last year during the presidential race. There was a big field on both sides. I guess it'll be Cain vs Less-Abel, then.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 09:07:21 AM

...snip...
Barack Obama will be running on the Democratic ticket.  There won't be any Democratic debates.

Say it ain't so, Joe! No Democratic debates. Then how come there where so many last year during the presidential race. There was a big field on both sides. I guess it'll be Cain vs Less-Abel, then.

...snip...

What country do you live in?  The last US presidential race was 3 years ago.

And as I said, Cain will not be the Republican candidate.  The 9-9-9 tax policy will never get past Grover Norquist.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: