Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need an opinion  (Read 875 times)
Lenas (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:11:40 PM

I've received amazon gift card for 500$ from my grandparents and literally have no idea what to do with it, so I'm trying to sell but the problem is that I already redeemed card and card is already in my account, this bothers a lot of people and none wants to buy it. One guy messaged that he would like to deal with me if I'm gonna buy him camera for 499$, ship it to him and upon delivery he will pay me 450$ in BTC. I would never do anything like that but seems like guy has reputation here TECSHARE and he told me that even his account is worth more than 500$, how much truth in that? Should I go for it? I really don't want to be eaten by a bigger fish here and need second opinion on this one.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:14:11 PM

Use escrow. Even respected members here have done some shady things.

Still around.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:27:18 PM

escrow is the way to go for all trades.
idk if this is a good trae though... sjipping costs eg

why dont your mum a birthday present? or does it have an invalidaten date on it
redwhitenblue

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:17:49 AM

I've received amazon gift card for 500$ from my grandparents and literally have no idea what to do with it, so I'm trying to sell but the problem is that I already redeemed card and card is already in my account, this bothers a lot of people and none wants to buy it. One guy messaged that he would like to deal with me if I'm gonna buy him camera for 499$, ship it to him and upon delivery he will pay me 450$ in BTC. I would never do anything like that but seems like guy has reputation here TECSHARE and he told me that even his account is worth more than 500$, how much truth in that? Should I go for it? I really don't want to be eaten by a bigger fish here and need second opinion on this one.

I would say that you should have the buyer send the BTC to someone who would act as escrow, purchase the item on Amazon, have Amazon ship it directly to the buyer. Your agreement with the person acting as escrow would release escrow once the tracking number that amazon provided shows as delivered. In the event of a dispute you could give your Amazon account credentials who could verify the tracking number is correct, that the address is correct and that the correct item was ordered.

If the buyer does not receive the product then escrow would be released but you would agree to work with Amazon to resolve the missing item.

I could offer to provide escrow for 3%, however I doubt you would wish to utilize me as I am very new to the forum. There should be a number of reputable members who have positive trust that you can utilize for escrow.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

Old thread is old.

Still around.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:37:43 PM

Just buy something from amazon then sell it on Craigslist. Deal locally in cash. Bring a cash marker with you in case you are that paranoid.

Or here is a thought; buy something for yourself and keep it. That'd probably please your grandparents.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

FYI, this user traded with me as described and was paid accordingly. Escrow does not protect buyers from fraudulently ordered goods purchased with stolen credit cards or anything that can be charged back. Escrow would only protect him, not me. I did not find this acceptable, hence my stipulations. Just because someone doesn't want to use escrow does not make them a scammer. Use your brain before trading, it usually helps.
Justine

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:17:23 AM

Beware of sellers selling Gift card at huge discount.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: