Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help a newbie find their transaction  (Read 279 times)
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:45:18 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

-snip

Sorry for causing the confusion. I shouldn't have assumed that you have a SegWit wallet since Electrum generates bech32 addresses by default (bc1...). Try following this guide from the Electron Cash GitHub. Thanks @o_e_l_e_o for your vigilance.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:57:32 PM

Based on your previous comment there seems to be conflicting information as I have the dreaded 3 to indicate that it is not multi-segwit.
Addresses which begin with 3 may or may not be SegWit, and may or may not be multi-sig. It all depends on how you set it up. Electrum does not create SegWit addresses beginning with 3 though - it will only let you import them. So if you created your 3 addresses in Electrum, which it very much sounds like you did, then it will be multi-sig legacy rather than SegWit or multi-sig SegWit.

I did try to take the seed from Electrum and use it to start a new wallet on Electron Cash earlier, maybe I missed something.
If you try to recover it as a standard wallet it won't accept the seed. Make sure you select "2FA".
LAzySniper (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 12:25:02 AM

-snip

Sorry for causing the confusion. I shouldn't have assumed that you have a SegWit wallet since Electrum generates bech32 addresses by default (bc1...). Try following this guide from the Electron Cash GitHub. Thanks @o_e_l_e_o for your vigilance.

You, sir, are a hero and a gentleman. I got everything back using that guide. Thank you!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: