Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it allowed to post in Local Section not belonging to you  (Read 457 times)
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 12:40:19 AM

Using Google translate won't make the translated sentence 100% meaning especially when it's very technical. It's better to observe the thread in my opinion. It's also bad to want to use it for business purposes because you might get red tagged. Better to hire a translator.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 06:26:27 AM
Merited by fillippone (2)

Using Google translate won't make the translated sentence 100% meaning especially when it's very technical. It's better to observe the thread in my opinion. It's also bad to want to use it for business purposes because you might get red tagged. Better to hire a translator.
Where is the damn meaning in your post, huh? The rule does not accept anyone who uses Google Translate to provide translation services, @fillippone has also emphasized it.
I understand it's forbidden to provide (paid or unpaid) translation services using Google Translator.
I think it's more polite to try to use GT (of course making everyone aware of it) as an act of courtesy, and then ask to locals about their preferences (continue using GT or switch to English), rather than bombing a discussion in the local language with your English post.
Using Google Translate is a good thing for casual communication, as long as you don't use it to provide language-related services. I support fillippone's way, others please don't repeat nonsense if you don't have really good idea  Wink

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 08:25:55 AM

I don't think people should be posting in Local sections if they can't speak the language. The only exception I would probably make is if someone is looking for something like a good or service specifically from that country.
I think there should be an exemption to that and should be case to case basis. Ive seen user who are posting on our Local thread, and not knowing he isnt a Fililipino (Pilipinas Section Board) but his post is in english though, and from his post, he showed places in our country set up. So in my mind, I thought he is also a Filipino. But not. Instead he told us that he is residing for quite sometime and even uses services on our country. He already acquainted and I assume he understands already even little our country's dialect. So talking a little bit of our own language wouldnt hurt a bit. So I guess there is nothing wrong about that since he is staying there. I'm talking about @nutildah, our mod there seems no issue of him posting there. Well Ive guess it depends on the standard set by moderators of each local as emphasized by theymos.

Check this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5235265.msg54112246#msg54112246

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██