Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Staking Is The Next Step In Crypto  (Read 351 times)
OGEOS (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 09:49:55 AM

In case you are late to this party and don’t yet know what staking is, staking is essentially the hoarding of cryptocurrencies. It's when individuals hold their crypto assets in wallets rather than using them for transactions. While this may sound counterintuitive, it appears to be the next step for crypto, and it is becoming increasingly more popular.

Here is everything you need to know about staking and why it is becoming more popular: https://e-cryptonews.com/how-staking-is-the-next-step-in-crypto/

Are you staking your crypto assets?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 09:56:09 AM

POS coins awards users to stake and keep the wallet active as it helps to verify transactions and keeps the blockchain running. Staking of limited supply coin can be useful as the price may rise with rising demand and lower supply. Some services like binance exchange rewards users for holding coins on their wallets.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 10:50:49 AM

Im still staking my asset and it becomes a popular thing caused by people can start to earn without to do anything. Your token acts as your power in the network to help to secure the network. You get your reward from your power to help the network. I never encounter any problem with it and i can still a few bucks every day. That's not bad.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 12:34:48 PM

I do have a few alts I'm staking on my Trezor & Ledger, but it becomes a little headache because I have to visit specific websites to claim my rewards. On the other hand though, a little more every day doesn't hurt at all. However, the amounts I'm holding in alts is pretty small in comparison with BTC..

Is staking really "the next step"? Because AFAIK, staking is much less safer than PoW is..
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 12:44:01 PM

What happens when projects run out of funds to pay stakers as their rewards? If everyone stakes their tokens, what will the rewards be like for small holders? Lastly staking is not really the next step that's my thoughts because lots of things needs to be reconciled before we can say staking is the next step.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 01:32:18 PM

What happens when projects run out of funds to pay stakers as their rewards? If everyone stakes their tokens, what will the rewards be like for small holders? Lastly staking is not really the next step that's my thoughts because lots of things needs to be reconciled before we can say staking is the next step.

actually this questions should ask directly to the project owner that have staking rewards they are the one who can answer it. They will give different answer for that questions other will use the buy coins so they can continue rewarding people if they already got the maximum supply of the coins.

Staking has been announce even the bullmarket start in 2017 do its not new ideas.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 01:41:02 PM

Some project already have staking in their program especially with bounty hodlers. Although many times it is conceal from bounty hunter but at the time token is distributed to you, you see it that you can stake it for few note token after some duration of time. Yes I have noticed that with some bounties.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 02:22:18 PM

Not yet.

I'm waiting for the transition of Ethereum from PoW to PoS so that I can share a portion that I hold from my portfolio to a pool to stake the coin.

Signature for rent
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 02:34:44 PM

Not all crypto is stackable and sometimes staking a coin requires the person to have their pc running 24/7 which most people like me can not afford to do, reason because I don't have a dedicated internet connection at home, there is no guarantee of constant electricity  Wink so this limitations may hinder some not to be able to engage in staking,
Maybe even you have an online staking platform, it could that your coin is not part of available coins there, that too is an issue,
Although staking can give more reward instead of just holding.
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 03:57:54 PM

I find staking to be very easy, no worries about other things like cost of electricity or high and low mining difficulty but I prefer POW over POS simply because its more fun, staking a coin for an annual will only fetch you few %%% but trading can fetch you more
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 04:00:40 PM

Then be more careful which coin you decide to stake, not all POS coins are worth buying and staking, go for the old projects or Tezos, for me I'm looking forward to solar mining, the only problem with Proof of Work is electricity cost, if there is a way or solution to power / electricity then it will be way profitable
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 04:05:34 PM

Proof of Stake is safer but comes with lower profits, still better than POW for me because you just click on stake button and you sit back and continue with your life, you don't have to worry about costs of mining or cards overheating

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 04:35:03 PM

No, I prefer to sell and buy for now, although coins can be made through the use. However, if market conditions continue to deteriorate, the value will be the same or even worse. It is better to wait for the correct entry to enter and unblock it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 06:31:34 PM

IMHO,staking is not popular and not worth it as well in my opinion. The returns from staking a coin or token a year will be in single digits and more legit coins have in fractions but the same returns can be made in a day or two by simply trading with the swing price movement.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 06:37:20 PM

IMHO,staking is not popular and not worth it as well in my opinion. The returns from staking a coin or token a year will be in single digits and more legit coins have in fractions but the same returns can be made in a day or two by simply trading with the swing price movement.

Actually, this is true in most PoS coins. Like for example, I am staking some coins now one is already in the exchange and the other one is not, and I guess it will be miracle if the last one will hit the exchange. So I stopped the last one as I have no hope for that anymore, wasted resources. But the other one, I don't know if I can get profit out of it. Staking really depends on the coin's development. It is not how much you are getting everyday, but the real devt behind it. Because without devt, they will not attain good value in the market.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 07:05:41 PM

In case you are late to this party and don’t yet know what staking is, staking is essentially the hoarding of cryptocurrencies. It's when individuals hold their crypto assets in wallets rather than using them for transactions. While this may sound counterintuitive, it appears to be the next step for crypto, and it is becoming increasingly more popular.

Yes you are right there. Staking is hoarding of coins. But if coins you are hoarding have no use case beside giving staking reward to owners, then that is a classical ponzi to me.
vycl87

Activity: 1204
Merit: 630

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 07:34:14 PM

I used to use staking apps and wallets of those coins. But one day I noticed that the beings I had were scattered in many different places. I was stake at least 10 different coins somehow.

I also noticed that the rewards that come with staking don't cost a lot of money. Then, I chose to reduce the number of coins I stake and use soft-staking methods, as in Kucoin.
(In addition, XTZ, ATOM and TRX staking in the Trust wallet can be used very easily.)
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 07:44:19 PM

no. I do not do this. I choose the option of trading. but you can also use Landing on a Binance. Staking for me is a very small percentage, and it’s better to sell your assets all the right time and not keep them frozen for a long time

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2020, 10:44:36 PM

Staking altcoins have seen a great interest by the majority of the long term investors. Even some exchanges sent a dozen mails for joining their XTZ staking contest but the conditions are not good for the small investors. Cex.io even has the staking feature but I don't think POS coins will be valuable due to the inflation.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 11:54:21 PM

Staking altcoins have seen a great interest by the majority of the long term investors. Even some exchanges sent a dozen mails for joining their XTZ staking contest but the conditions are not good for the small investors. Cex.io even has the staking feature but I don't think POS coins will be valuable due to the inflation.
It is a shitty idea and it will burn out in the next ten years, it is a monopoly solution where the rich dictates things and i am not going to use those coins or whatever token, initially there will be a huge rush and eventually it will flame out just like the ICO market, it looks fresh when it is new but when the small time investors or traders understand the monopoly people will find better coins which has utility.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: