Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:50:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Staking Is The Next Step In Crypto  (Read 353 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2020, 05:02:36 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2020, 05:21:22 AM by TheUltraElite

Staking is not the next step or the next big thing.

Stop flooding this forum with such bullshittery where you try to prove your point but without any backing to your claim. If someone wants to stake their coin and that coins allows it, allow them do so at their free will, not promoting something that going to be a scam in future.

People here are easily swayed by such attempts where they are promised small passive income methods and they put in large chunks of money. In staking it is similar because you pay a premium amount and get some interest like returns every week or month. But nobody knows when one fine day that site will shut down and premium money will be gone.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 05:10:58 AM

I do have a few alts I'm staking on my Trezor & Ledger, but it becomes a little headache because I have to visit specific websites to claim my rewards.
Hello can I know what altcoins are you staking on your hardwallet? So meaning you cant get reward directly on your wallet for the staking? What was the difference of it on typical exchange staking like Binance and Kucoin? Staking is also a great opportunity in holding but isnt it too hassle to visit websites for claiming rewards?

I have some coins on my Binance account but staking lapses already and limited. But I am getting the simplicity on using it on the exchange rather than own wallet but yeah it will be risky since we cant control that one on the exchange.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 04:53:08 PM

IMHO,staking is not popular and not worth it as well in my opinion. The returns from staking a coin or token a year will be in single digits and more legit coins have in fractions but the same returns can be made in a day or two by simply trading with the swing price movement.

Actually, this is true in most PoS coins. Like for example, I am staking some coins now one is already in the exchange and the other one is not, and I guess it will be miracle if the last one will hit the exchange. So I stopped the last one as I have no hope for that anymore, wasted resources. But the other one, I don't know if I can get profit out of it. Staking really depends on the coin's development. It is not how much you are getting everyday, but the real devt behind it. Because without devt, they will not attain good value in the market.
I meant to say that even if the coin has real development staking is pretty useless compared to the returns because we can't liquidate if there is a need for it and holding cryptos on exchanges have chances of getting hacked.Trust wallet offers staking which is better compared to staking on exchange but still I won't do that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 07:29:02 AM

In my own opinion, staking can be good at the same time can be bad; good in the sense that the project have something good and attractive it offers which then makes the token to have value, in this case, you are sure that the reward you are getting for staking your asset is worth it. On the other hand, most projects don't have any use case, thus staking in this case will only end up in a bad way. Also, it is possible that most team can also use the idea of staking to get what they want and exit scam, nothing is impossible for most teams to do. Therefore, let us always research every project and then knowing if the staking system is good enough or not.
In my own case, I rarely stake, I prefer trading it.
Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 07:39:30 AM

I love crypto staking, it's more safe than trading and investing. You know that we only receive coin from staking so choose project carefully. Only choose project that have good price growing. At this time i only join staking program of IQ coin.

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 07:40:52 AM

Staking is cool, but still has some drawbacks currently. Like
1) Some projects require you to deposit your coins in a centralized wallet to get staking rewards. So there is high risk of losing your coins if project is hacked. Obviously such projects are on high target list of hackers.
2) Some require you to lock your coins for a time duration. Which means you can't sell your coins to profit bull run or if you have to sell them coz of some emergency.
3) Experienced traders might get better returns from trading than staking.

hinorizk

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 12:28:07 PM

I don't know whether staking is the next big thing or not since to my experiences, coin with staking system either hit or miss, the latter are more likely. The hardest part of staking is how to get the math right to not cause the inflate but still look attractable toward holders for them to stake.
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 02:52:27 PM

You can't stake all POS coins in your wallet, many of them requires sending out coins from your wallet to a specific address to active your staking, this is why I find it difficult to trust, now even top exchanges are introducing POS rewards on their platform, very risky if you ask me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 02:55:11 PM

I don't know whether staking is the next big thing or not since to my experiences, coin with staking system either hit or miss, the latter are more likely. The hardest part of staking is how to get the math right to not cause the inflate but still look attractable toward holders for them to stake.
I don't think it will be bigger for the future. Staking is done by projects with great confidence in their exchanges or personal sites. Be careful this will be very vulnerable to scammers.

Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 03:36:20 PM

Staking have been around for a while now so it's not a new thing, many new about proof of stake coins and few old coins are even changing from POW to POS but not all of these POS coins are good, ethereum is planning to join the train soon too, I kinda thing Ethereum will triumph other POS coins once eth switch to proof of stake because of its popularity v

key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 04:24:54 PM

In case you are late to this party and don’t yet know what staking is, staking is essentially the hoarding of cryptocurrencies. It's when individuals hold their crypto assets in wallets rather than using them for transactions. While this may sound counterintuitive, it appears to be the next step for crypto, and it is becoming increasingly more popular.

Here is everything you need to know about staking and why it is becoming more popular: https://e-cryptonews.com/how-staking-is-the-next-step-in-crypto/

Are you staking your crypto assets?

The most essential purpose for staking is to support the operations of a blockchain network, that is the more reason why you get rewarded for staking (or locking your coins for a given duration). In as much as POS coins are trending, I still do appreciate POW coins since both have pros and cons. When there is staking announcement for POS coins, it's now a price driver like what happened to COTI few months back.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 05:02:24 PM

In case you are late to this party and don’t yet know what staking is, staking is essentially the hoarding of cryptocurrencies. It's when individuals hold their crypto assets in wallets rather than using them for transactions. While this may sound counterintuitive, it appears to be the next step for crypto, and it is becoming increasingly more popular.

Here is everything you need to know about staking and why it is becoming more popular: https://e-cryptonews.com/how-staking-is-the-next-step-in-crypto/

Yes, I put my assets in staking.  Now it is on many platforms and wallets.  In particular, in my Atomic wallet, there are several cryptocurrencies and they are in staking.  Another good plus from airdrops, if you keep on balance the right amount of different coins.  Although a small income from this, it is better than just keeping the coins on balance.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
reallester

Activity: 646
Merit: 102

http://Moonbet.io

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 05:17:08 PM

[/quote

Staking is good. Especially for those who dont intend sending out or transacting their tokens. Staking I will say is same way as saving your money in the bank while it accrues interest usually annually. But what I keep asking myself is how much staking is profitable. Is staking more profitable than trading?

royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 05:25:37 PM

The most essential purpose for staking is to support the operations of a blockchain network, that is the more reason why you get rewarded for staking (or locking your coins for a given duration). In as much as POS coins are trending, I still do appreciate POW coins since both have pros and cons. When there is staking announcement for POS coins, it's now a price driver like what happened to COTI few months back.
The market has not favoured the purpose of staking for most coin, the price response is till low and some never got ico price with top exchanges and low supply with the staking. It is meant to control large dump, generate scarcity and give profit to stake holders, some as long as 2 years. Even with product in markets, some with more product yet cant drive the price and volume. I feel the sentiment is as important as other developments in token economic/management.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:44:15 AM

Staking is good for environment, doesn't consuming electricity, producing heat, etc.
But i see many success PoW coins more than PoS coins, maybe it is because the miners community can make the coin more valuable.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 05:45:05 AM

Staking is good for environment, doesn't consuming electricity, producing heat, etc.
Running your computer does not consume electricity right?

All that "environmental" issues is a coverup to make the PoS thing look legit while it actually is not. They appeal to your emotions of saving the planet but you fail to realize that they are just putting up a fake mask to use that statement to make others buy their coins to start the staking. Of course when you have been staking coins, you need to sell them later on.

Where can you possible sell those coins if they are worthless on the reality?

To some bamboozled fools like bounty hunters telling them that staking is good for environment and PoW is bad likewise while actually they are looking to just exit the market. Thats how this endless cycle runs.

But i see many success PoW coins more than PoS coins, maybe it is because the miners community can make the coin more valuable.
That is a different thing. We should talk about Bitcoin which has been successful because it has some ideology behind it and rest are all copycat very few having anything good to develop on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 07:01:36 AM

Staking is not the biggest thing in crypto space right now, even DeFi is more important now, though POS coins are better in some areas than POW but DeFi use case is growing more better
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 07:03:39 AM

And also old POS coins are more safer, some new coins are just scam projects that will end up dead sooner or later, you need to be sure before spending your hard-earned cash on any new coin, watch out for volumes, partnerships, trading exchanges and future roadmaps, these are very important
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 11:29:03 AM

I think it is a little tricky when one stake. The POS system is good for some because what will happen when the project runs out fund to pay for stake. Sometimes, the price of the coin goes down and make stake earned useless

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
ashraf100786

Activity: 1778

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 03:53:24 PM

Many projects  awards users to stake There are good projects, the value of their coins is getting better day by day This is a good thing in cryptocurrency And many Exchange B rewards their users in this way And I also know some coins that give good rewards.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: