Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:15:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These Anti-KYC Stuffs Tiring Non-Techies Up  (Read 299 times)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 11:34:01 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

The only safe KYC is no KYC.

While true, just a heads up that if you use a centralized exchange for trading, you either always withdraw your funds every single time after a day of trading(annoying I know, knowing that txs can take a while sometimes), or get ready to bend the knee and submit KYC(if you don't want to lose your funds). Sudden mandatory KYC(disabling withdrawals if you don't submit KYC) has happened in the past already and I don't think it's impossible for the same to happen to non-KYC exchanges like Binance.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 07:32:00 AM

4. Will these KYC things (submitting my documents) do any harm on me?

Yes, I know privacy is important, but it really tires me up. With this little amount, I think I wont be of a target of hackers/bad guys (a waste of time for them). Right?

Depends. If you are doing wrong or illegal stuff then youre in trouble upon launching your KYC. The purpose of KYC does matter, but using it on a lot of platform could be a bad move. We dont know how those private firms doing on those submitted IDs.

I did some KYC but not limited to what was necessary to give in. I doubt that only few here doing a complete anonymous and practicing pure decentralized approach here. Traders using Binance and major exchange needed KYC so, but for those who arent. Congratulations to all of you. Youre totally risk free (from identity theft).

In our country, we have an app called Coins.Ph and everyone who have it, knows the verification needed in order to avail its services. It is a form of KYC, so everyone or mostly on our local is probably done KYC but its not that mandatory and we are feel secure cause its authorized by our National Bank. Just pick which platform your just give in the information to be safe.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 07:51:18 AM

Coinbase are shady as hell. They openly admitted that they hand out customers' details to third parties for "processing", and that some of these third parties share and sell that data with even more third parties, all without their users' knowledge and consent. They hand over customers' data to the government. They formed a partnership with a company who produce and sell privacy invading software to dictatorships and human rights abusers. I wouldn't trust them with a single satoshi, let alone all my personal details.

Yeah I've heard it probably the topic created in this forum before but anyway, this give me an enough reason to not believe in such platform that requires KYC. Personally, I am the type of person who doesn't want to exposed my identity online especially in this kind of environment hence, I'm finding an other way to deal with my transaction even if it is costly. I'd rather to take a costly fee than to exposed my identity in danger.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:55:09 AM

Sudden mandatory KYC(disabling withdrawals if you don't submit KYC) has happened in the past already and I don't think it's impossible for the same to happen to non-KYC exchanges like Binance.
You are right, of course, and I should have been more clear with my statement. I wasn't advocating for using centralized exchanges without completing KYC - quite the opposite. Indeed, if you are going to resign to using a centralized exchange for large volumes of money, I would be completing all their demanded KYC and background checks first to try to minimize the risk of running in to the situation you describe. I was rather advocating for not using centralized exchanges at all, and sticking to platforms such as BISQ or localcryptos which do not require KYC in any shape or form.

I'm finding an other way to deal with my transaction even if it is costly. I'd rather to take a costly fee than to exposed my identity in danger.
It doesn't have to be costly. There are the platforms I have described above which have very minimal fees. You can even trade peer-to-peer on the forum, and once you have built up a reputation and are trading directly with other trusted users without the use of an escrow, the only fee you pay is a couple of cents in the transaction fee.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: