Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:21:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Newbie  (Read 313 times)
sliproad22 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 09:34:58 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2020, 12:08:39 PM by frodocooper

Okay

I am probably totally wrong with this,

The S9i is a 1320w for 14TH

The innosilicon T2T, 30T is 2200w for 30TH

2 x S9i 2640w

Is the innosilicon not superior than 2 x S9i ?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 10:14:01 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2020, 12:08:56 PM by frodocooper

S9 can do as low as 75w per terahash after tweaking, so you could be looking at 700-750w for 9-10th, just about the same efficiency as the T2T, so I see the T2T as a better option here, but since you are willing to spend up to $700, why not get 1 proper gear that can actually make you some profit? like the T17 from Bitmain, or M21s from MicroBt? those have better efficiency, the T17 does 40th at about 2200w, so that can be both a learning experience and some profit, at worst case scenario you wouldn't be mining at a loss.

The other reason why I suggest buying newer gears is the fact that those old gears' design is over with, the S9 for an example, that was a beast that can bear all the heat and voltage instability, the newer gears are less robust and need to be treated gently, and I am pretty sure these gears get more sensitive as we move forward, remember how you could crack open almonds using Nokia phones?  Grin. So really it's best to get used to these new gears rather than learning using an old gear that you will probably never deal with again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sliproad22 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 10:32:38 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2020, 12:09:32 PM by frodocooper

Him

I don't think this guy will do a refund. The list he gave me is what he has. Unfortunately at the moment the shipping is taking up around 300 USD for 3 units. I was thinking of asking him to send 2 X innosilicon in place of the 3 X love core. Or maybe 1 innosilicon and antminer se
What's members thoughts on this ?

I don't know anything about bitcoin prices history only that is was all the rage at one point. I have a feeling due to the current situation regarding all major governments having to pump money into their countries that this money will have to be clawed back over time. The fat cats will have to hide their money but a major problem exits this time. There is nowhere to run most countries in the world are in the same boat. So I can see investors in crypto rising over the next few years as counties introduce the covid 19 levy.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 11:41:19 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2020, 12:10:03 PM by frodocooper

Then go with the most efficient gear he has which is innosilicon T2T 30T if I am not mistaken, you need to do a bit of googling in terms of power consumption vs hash-rate, but by a quick look at the list you posted it seems like the T2T is the most efficient. Another reason why you should pick gear with higher hashrate is the shipping cost per TH, you mentioned $300 for shipping which sounds like a lot (maybe normal given the situation we are in now with the virus) but still getting fewer gears is better IMO, I wouldn't buy S9e, nobody reliable made a custom firmware for it, so not much tuning can be done on it, S9j is still better than S9e.

TL;DR

My vote goes to Inno T2T 30T

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sliproad22 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 12:46:49 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2020, 01:10:11 AM by sliproad22

Yea
Ref shipping I buy other items direct from  China regularly . It seems DHL are the only co operating at this time.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 02:09:16 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2020, 02:25:03 PM by Biffa
Merited by philipma1957 (2), NotFuzzyWarm (1)

For future reference, best to buy directly from bitmain.com , pangolinminer.com , whatsminer.net , innosilicon.com  or blokforge.com

These are either the manufacturer or official resellers.

There are some trusted third party resellers, but not many. You really do risk a lot if you don't do your research and buy from someone reputable.

coinminingcentral.com don't have a much of a reputation on here, they run out of a virtual office in London and purportedly ship from china direct, no-one of any repute has bought from them.

They say they trade under a company called Retro Collect 1000 which is listed on companies house, it isn't listed.

Any reputable company would give you a refund if the goods haven't shipped yet.

As they are supposedly a UK company and you are buying your goods over the internet they are subject to the UK's distance selling act: https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

Right to cancel
There are different rules for downloads and streaming services.

You must tell the customer they can cancel their order up to 14 days after their order is delivered. They don’t need to give a reason for cancelling.

If you don’t tell the customer about their right to cancel, they can cancel at any time in the next 12 months. If you tell them about the right to cancel during these 12 months, they have 14 days to cancel from when you told them.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
sliproad22 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 02:30:41 PM

Cheers for that Biffa, I actually bought from someone that accepted PayPal. So some protection there. It was also paid by card so a little more protection if they are faulty.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: