Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A simple and cool contest for all Bitcoin Enthusiasts  (Read 5284 times)
Ihavebitcoins (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:32:18 PM

I Have Bitcoins Contest : Mar 21st – Apr 5th 2014

Bitcoin Enthusiasts!!! We are giving away 50 Limited Edition Bitcoin paper wallets from The Bitcoin Card Co!

Want to own one of these cards? It's easy!

All you have to do is help us improve our Bitcoin FAQs by leaving a comment on any of one of our 10 FAQ pages that would add value to the community, especially newbies.

We are looking for insight, knowledge, resources, jokes, nice-to-knows and anything else you think would help beginners learn about Bitcoin.

The top 5 comments for each question will take home a free Limited Edition Bitcoin Paper Wallet! A paper wallet is a way to store Bitcoins & is one of the safest ways possible.

This contest is open to anyone in the world.

Steps:
1.   Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IHaveBitcoins and subscribe to our Blog – http://ihavebitcoins.com/

2.   Check out the FAQ page - http://www.ihavebitcoins.com/bitcoin-faq/

3.   Leave a comment on any of our FAQs that you think you could improve. Your comments can be witty, informative and funny. (limit your comment to a maximum of 500 words)

4.   Take a screen shot of the comment and email it to ihavebitcoins@gmail.com

5.   The top 5 comments for each question that add value will take home a free Limited Edition Bitcoin Paper Wallet!

6.   We will announce the winners on Apr 7th on our Facebook page

7. The winners will be contacted through their email address and the cards would be dispatched immediately.

Disclaimer:
1. If we do not get more than 6 comments for an FAQ, we will not be giving away cards for that section.

2. Please do not spam us with links. These do not qualify for the contest
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:06:49 PM

care to describe a little more about the prize Huh i mean what's so special about that paper wallet,  there can be a malware to backdoor Trojan binded along so please describe Huh
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:22:17 PM

care to describe a little more about the prize Huh i mean what's so special about that paper wallet,  there can be a malware to backdoor Trojan binded along so please describe Huh
How do you expect they would store a trojan within a private key?

Sure, they could just steal the coins, unless they ask for an intermediate code which would let them create the wallet for you and have the private key encrypted with a password only you know.
anirgu
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:45:20 AM

Hi guys. I am the founder of the I Have Bitcoins. Here are the FAQs of the card. They aren't safe just because someone could have copied the private key during manufacture. These are fully functional collector items. Only 50 of each design has been made. There is absolutely no malware on this card, and don't even know how this would be possible.

Below is the original FAQs for the cards.

The Bitcoin Card Co. is about increasing awareness of Bitcoin. We designed these Limited Edition Bitcoin Cards as a fun way to promote bitcoin.

THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY BITCOIN ON THEM!
They are great for show & tell when you "evangelize"
They work as a paper wallet should!
Great as gifts, especially if you put a little bitcoin on them
Only 50 of each design has been made
FAQs

Are these cards paper wallets?

YES. “A paper wallet is a way to store Bitcoins that involves printing the
Bitcoin addresses and private keys directly on a piece of paper. When done
properly, paper wallets are one of the safest ways possible to store Bitcoins.

Do these cards have any Bitcoin on them?

NO. These cards are made for people who already own bitcoin and want to spread awareness. They are best used as show and tell or gifts. Each card has a Public Key displayed and a Private Key that is hidden under a scratch panel. They are perfect for helping someone learn about proper storage and security when it comes to owning bitcoin.

Can they store Bitcoins?

YES. These cards are fully functional offline wallets.

That being said, I do not recommend that you use these cards to store any significant amount of bitcoin. They are not safe for a number of reasons and should be treated as such.

They are great for promoting awareness (party tricks) and a great way to get someone involved.

Give someone a card and then scan the QR code with your smartphone and send it a few MilliBit. Show them the transaction on Blockchain.Info and watch their eyes light up.

BUT Please don’t forget to warn them that their bitcoin is not safe.

Depending on their interest or skill level, you can guide them to the best way to generate their own offline wallet.

ALWAYS! Please teach people to generate a Public and Private Key offline. (At least until the FDIC or other Government Agency is insuring bitcoin at institutions)

Are you going to make more if a card is sold out?

NO. We are never going to run another print of a card that is sold out.

Did Satoshi Nakamoto really sign each certificate?

What do you think?

How long will shipping take?

A long time. At most 15 days and we are always trying to bring that down. Please bear with us. Maybe you will be surprised

Where can I buy Bitcoin?

There are many places you can buy Bitcoin. I have had success with these companies. A quick google search and you can find your Bitcoins.

America: coinbase

Global: localbitcoins

India:  unocoin

If I put Bitcoin on the card, how do I spend it or move it?

You can scratch the panel and reveal the Private Key. This is all you will need to import or sweep your coins to a new wallet. It is a great way to teach someone about bitcoin security.

How important is it to learn about creating wallets offline?

I can not stress enough the importance of creating your own offline wallet and securing your own bitcoins. It is worth both the investment in time and money.

I currently use Armory.

Can I receive Bitcoin on these cards?

YES. Another person could scan your QR code and send some bitcoin to that address.

What are the dimensions of the card?

3 ⅜ × 2 ⅛ in (85.60 × 53.98 mm)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:50:24 AM

hmm i will have to give this one some thought.  I'd like to win this so I can maybe give it away to someone who is totally new to BTC or I'm sure I can find a use for it.  will follow this thread and contemplate my questions.  Thanks for the contest.  Smiley
anirgu
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:11:06 AM

please do. the cards are awesome, if you have any questions ping me. also, we are going to highlight some of the comments we like on our fb page during the contest.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:25:30 AM

seems interesting...

can we see price somewhere? Any photos?
anirgu
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:10:32 AM

the photos of the cards can be seen on the link given to the competition. the price is free. we are going to charge the winner Smiley

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: