Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:03:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to save your bitcoin? a cool way to keep bitcoin in Physical coins  (Read 2889 times)
swordking (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 10

swordking

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:39:18 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:19:28 PM by swordking

5mBTC face value Coins (Coins do not contain bitcoins)

• 1 Bitcoin = 1000mBTC, 5mBTC/coins are Perfectly suitable as gifts and collectibles
    DIY it by your self make lot of Fun
    Transfer the bitcoin into the Coins by your self make it Credible

How they work:

The  "private key" & "address" is on a paper embedded inside the coin and is protected by a tamper-evident hologram.The hologram leaves behind a honeycomb pattern if it is peeled. If the hologram is intact, the bitcoin is good.

To recover the digital bitcoins, there are several ways to convert the embedded code back into a digital bitcoin so it can be spent over the internet.  Most importantly, none of the methods relies on me or any other central issuer, due to Bitcoin's completely decentralized design.  The embedded private key code is everything a Bitcoin client needs to find and claim the digital Bitcoins from the peer-to-peer network. For example, you can enter (or "import") your coin's private key code directly into Bitcoin clients such as Bitcoin-qt,Armory, Blockchain.info.

The hologram leaves behind a honeycomb pattern if it is peeled. If the hologram is intact, the bitcoin is good.

How DIY:

Way 1 : Order the coins , print and put the Key&address by you self then transfer your bitcoins into the address in the coins.

you can easy and safe print ramdon key&address by using  the generator web. Here

Way 2: Order the coins with ramdon key&address already.  transfer your bitcoins into these address.

we will send you the coins with a address list, and Extra tamper-evident hologram, so you could verify the coins.

BUY IT NOW!!: http://www.geekbitcoin.com/my-first-order-c-65/5mbtc-physical-bitcoins-12pcsset-p-296.html

my account was hacked by moondefi since past few years。 the moondefi is a scam, be careful!
swordking (OP)

swordking

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:20:41 PM

Smiley Wink Cheesy

my account was hacked by moondefi since past few years。 the moondefi is a scam, be careful!
hunter001

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

this is a great idea Wink

swordking (OP)

swordking

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:08:52 PM

this is a great idea Wink

thanks

E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:29:09 PM

Few questions :
Are you saying that the coin will only be able to hold 5mbtc not more then that???
Why should i trust a 3rd party to  have the private key of the wallet holding my coins???
If i do it from my side you will provide the hologram let say an extra if in case i ruin one Huh
What exactly are these coins made up of metal Huh
ajet

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Few questions :
Are you saying that the coin will only be able to hold 5mbtc not more then that???
Why should i trust a 3rd party to  have the private key of the wallet holding my coins???
If i do it from my side you will provide the hologram let say an extra if in case i ruin one Huh
What exactly are these coins made up of metal Huh

you can print your own priv key so only you have seen it and no others

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:43:29 AM

Pretty good idea. What are the coins made of? They kinda look like plastic.
swordking (OP)

swordking

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:10:25 AM

It was made of metal

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:33:40 PM

It was made of metal
Very interesting coins. I saw the price on this site and it is around 0.05 BTC per pack of 12 coins . Is that true? So one coin will cost 0.004 BTC One coin is loaded with 0.001 BTC , please correct me if i am wrong. Price 0.004 for 0.001 coins.
BR
ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:28:40 PM

Looks epic!! Very nice design.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:40:22 AM

Hello!

Beautifully designed one! Fine idea too. Making a key chain would be better too, so that we can take it with us every time.

What is the radius of this coin? I just want to know the size. Giving radius will be helpful to find circumference and thus finding an approximate size of the coin.

Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:48:21 PM

i think it's more safety if we save our bitcoin in our wallet, if we save bitcoin in physical coin, the independence and freedom of bitcoin will decrease, because it has tax billing, thanks

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:22:39 AM

Looks nice. It is a kind of paper wallet which is easy for us to carry, save or send as a present.
Domino

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:10:54 PM

Looks nice. It is a kind of paper wallet which is easy for us to carry, save or send as a present.

Pretty much so.
Those rare physical coins can also be thought as a collector's item as well and can be worth a lot more than the face value.

Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:47:49 PM

Pretty much so.
Those rare physical coins can also be thought as a collector's item as well and can be worth a lot more than the face value.

haha interesting Grin
everyone can make their physical coin with any different design & models.
and don't forget to give a sign of how the value of his coins, it is important because it could be confused, Huh
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:24:45 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 06:35:51 AM by Billbags

Be very carefull about making coins that may look as having monetary value to law enforcement that doesn't understand bitcoin. Laws are vagly written about making currency in physical coin form and I have already read about real problems concerning this in the us. It breaks some old laws that have been on the books for years. Only the government can make a coin that holds monetary value in the US. You could argue it's only a set of keys but you would have to make that defence in a court of law after possibly being arrested for illegal minting coins holding monatery value. I'll try to find the article again and post a link.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
honolululu

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:45:16 AM

Be very carefull about making coins that may look as having monetary value to law enforcement that doesn't understand bitcoin. Laws are vagly written about making currency in physical coin form and I have already read about real problems concerning this in the us. It breaks some old laws that have been on the books for years. Only the government can make a coin that holds monetary value in the US. You could argue it's only a set of keys but you would have to make that defence in a court of law after possibly being arrested for illegal minting coins holding monatery value. I'll try to find the article again and post a link.

That's interesting, and would love to see that article.  Thanks.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 01:33:16 PM

Maybe this is the article?
http://www.wired.com/2013/12/casascius/

He did go back into business, but with a workaround:
http://www.coindesk.com/casascius-bitcoin-mint-resumes-sales/

I think it's fine (but who really know) that as long as you don't load any bitcoins on it, If you do, you could get into trouble because then you are a "money transmitter", etc.

honolululu

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:24:23 AM

Thanks for the links Smiley

There is also some interesting reading at the bottom of the coindesk article.

So I wonder if they would have the same problem if I were to accept cash from people and mail them back charged up Amazon gift cards? (why people would send me money I have no idea Smiley)
swordking (OP)

swordking

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:31:45 AM

Maybe this is the article?
http://www.wired.com/2013/12/casascius/

He did go back into business, but with a workaround:
http://www.coindesk.com/casascius-bitcoin-mint-resumes-sales/

I think it's fine (but who really know) that as long as you don't load any bitcoins on it, If you do, you could get into trouble because then you are a "money transmitter", etc.

Unfunded coins is fine for any laws

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: