Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The sincere bounty managers should escrow bounty rewards  (Read 680 times)
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1185

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 02:45:39 PM

There is a chance that bounty manager could run away with bounty budget. How can campaign be insured against it? There are only about 10 bounty managers with reputation to who funds can be trusted. But from bounty section, there are dozens of campaign managed by a dozens of managers.
My advice is - pay managers same time hunters receive rewards. This will made managers to choose projects more wise.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 02:49:28 PM

For shit projects, escrows are useless too because they will get tokens but it will never get listed on any exchanges so its pretty much similar to scam.Why bounty managers should adopt for already listed coins for promotions?

Real and good projects wouldn't afraid of doing this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1185

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:35:55 AM

For shit projects, escrows are useless too because they will get tokens but it will never get listed on any exchanges so its pretty much similar to scam.Why bounty managers should adopt for already listed coins for promotions?

All the sh*t project's token can be sold on etherdelta or forkdelta Smiley You never know on what trader plans to get profit. I've seen how people buy crap tokens in bulk, make a hype and sell it with profit.

"Real and good projects wouldn't afraid of doing this." - true, but such projects rarely run bounty campaigns, because often they raise soft and hard caps in hours and they dont even need a bounty promotion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
luckyflop

Activity: 812
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:55:13 AM

Exactly, serious and future projects will never need escrow. I have seen several projects that have done escrow but they completely failed. I don't see them listed at any exchange in this market and the bounty hunter has received worthless tokens from them.
wingfield_crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 11:24:46 AM

I do not think that this will prevent deceitful projects from deceiving people. Let's say the rewards are even distributed by the bounty manager, but that doesn't guarantee that the project will be listed on an exchange or that people will try to invest in that project.
bussybuddy

Activity: 1190
Merit: 105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 11:42:05 AM

I do not think that this will prevent deceitful projects from deceiving people. Let's say the rewards are even distributed by the bounty manager, but that doesn't guarantee that the project will be listed on an exchange or that people will try to invest in that project.
That's our main problem, projects should have to be listed at exchanges in this market so we can get valuable tokens. I am not concerned about delaying token distribution, as long as they are listed on exchanges. Surely we will receive money in the future

skeleto88

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 12:35:46 PM

It has been done before by some other bounty managers as well but I don't know why it has not been followed by any bounty managers right now till julers did. You are right escrowing bounty rewards will be the best way to atleast save the bounty hunting activities due to the fact that there are lots of scam projects and hunters wont be able to get their rewards after he bounty campaign period. 
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 01:33:11 PM

That's our main problem, projects should have to be listed at exchanges in this market so we can get valuable tokens. I am not concerned about delaying token distribution, as long as they are listed on exchanges. Surely we will receive money in the future
i found a list having that kind of campaign however the allocated fund  to bounty hunters is less valuable but you will surely know that all of the effort promoting a project will not be wasted.

We already have that kind of campaign here and this kind of campaign we should give support as bountry hunters, not those project that only give promises.
jrrsparkles

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 01:39:13 PM

All the sh*t project's token can be sold on etherdelta or forkdelta Smiley You never know on what trader plans to get profit. I've seen how people buy crap tokens in bulk, make a hype and sell it with profit.

"Real and good projects wouldn't afraid of doing this." - true, but such projects rarely run bounty campaigns, because often they raise soft and hard caps in hours and they dont even need a bounty promotion.
Then why our fellow guys are promoting the shit projects even after they knew it. Huh

Existence of bounty hunters in huge numbers is the only reason why managers and project team doesn't care about them, if there are people who do enough research before promoting anything then those shit projects won't exist here for longer.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 01:41:47 PM

A lot of projects haven't even finalized their smart contract before they launch their bounty, hence why they are not able to send out the bounty allocation to the bounty manager for escrow. Also, some projects plan to launch straight to their mainnet, these one obviously cannot send out their tokens straight away since their coin doesn't even exist yet.

The bounty manager should clarify if this is the case so that hunters are aware about the current technical state of the project.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 02:26:44 PM

A lot of projects haven't even finalized their smart contract before they launch their bounty, hence why they are not able to send out the bounty allocation to the bounty manager for escrow. Also, some projects plan to launch straight to their mainnet, these one obviously cannot send out their tokens straight away since their coin doesn't even exist yet.

The bounty manager should clarify if this is the case so that hunters are aware about the current technical state of the project.
And this is the reasons why having an escrow will not work. There are also project change the contract before or after listing the tokens so it will also be a problem to escrow if they manage to send the contract and the payment send already to the promoters.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 02:44:33 PM

I don't know why that this important thing can't be applied by most bounty campaign.

I see and I have told in several thread that to avoid scam project bounty campaign should have the first found to promote the project through this way.

If most project do such thing I believe the bounty project will be successfull at least the project is able to reach the fund that developer want.

Also, the developer will always try to build his project in order to be used by most people and this thing will reduce the project/token will be a shitcoin.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1731

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 03:07:44 PM

-snip-
yes that is the reason why many bounties do not use escrow as a way to distribute rewards to Bounty Hunter.
The use of escrow will add more costs, and the dirt project, Scam, which cheats Bounty Hunter will never implement escrow.

The application of Escrow for real projects will guarantee the payment received by Bounty Hunter so that it will not be exact about payment problems, because everything will be arranged by the escrow.

ntsdm1

Activity: 394
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 03:13:34 PM

I believe one better way of cleaning up the mess of scamming bounty hunters in this forum is for Bounty Managers to escrow bounty rewards either to themselves or with a trusted member.

Bargaining with project developers is a contractual agreement and so, a bounty manager among other things can and indeed should introduce escrow as condition for accepting to handle the bounty. And I believe this will help to flush out fake, ingenue and scamming bounty managers out, this place will be cleaned up.

This escrow is very possible as I have seen a bounty manager successfully doing that with at least two bounties that I know of, with escrow boldly stated. With this kind of escrowed bounties, you don't have a choice than to be committed and give in all because you are sure at the end, you will be rewarded accordingly, no waiting for exchange listing, launching of website crap stories, refilling of another form which will deny hunters who didn't see the information because they have moved on , or KYC.

So far, Julerz12 account as a manager has successfully done escrowed bounties. I guess two that I know of, below is their bounty thread links we can check :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5223521.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5208770

Other BM should adopt the escrowing bounty rewards style

If we are being honest with ourselves, this is just the way forward for bounty hunting in 2020 and i am glad that julerz is leading the way and setting pace as regards escrowed bounty.

This gives opportunities to cheerful and willing hunters, another recent example is the bounty detective / btcltcdigger latest bounty IOI GAME

The payment is confirmed to be secured, even though escrowed details where not shared.

More offers like this, and bounty world will be joyful once more.
The detective is really a very responsible bounty Manager. In fact, there are very few normal bounty and, accordingly, bounty managers.But, of course, the bounty participants want to see at least some guarantee of payment for their work.
jrrsparkles

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 05:21:30 PM

-snip-
yes that is the reason why many bounties do not use escrow as a way to distribute rewards to Bounty Hunter.
The use of escrow will add more costs, and the dirt project, Scam, which cheats Bounty Hunter will never implement escrow.

The application of Escrow for real projects will guarantee the payment received by Bounty Hunter so that it will not be exact about payment problems, because everything will be arranged by the escrow.
I think you misunderstood what I told there, even scam projects can afford for escrows because they are going to pay few hundred dollars and get returns in millions so use of escrow doesn't mean its a good project and also even if we got the tokens from escrow it will still have no value if it is not listed on any exchanges.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 05:44:04 PM

This is a great idea but I doubt whether some of these bounty managers will consent to this proposal. This will avoid situations of delays of payments as well as sudden change of payment details. However, you can visit the Service Discussion board as such BTC paid bounties are held there.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 09:47:38 PM

Yes we need escrow in all such services otherwise chances of scam, fraud and denial of reward are high, but clearly uptil now the bounty industry is not only non regulated but also cruel when it comes to sincere workers called bounty hunters because majority of campaigns in alst 2 years have not bothered to pay bounty hunters even after taking months of work.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1229

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:04:54 PM

Escrow is good.

But sometimes, to control and avoid such as dump from bounty hunter who already got the token. They will be doing a "Swap" action for the token before they listing on some exchange, give them some time to control all token from the bounty. If lucky, more people forget to swap their token and makes the token got burned.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:23:38 PM

This is a great idea but I doubt whether some of these bounty managers will consent to this proposal. This will avoid situations of delays of payments as well as sudden change of payment details. However, you can visit the Service Discussion board as such BTC paid bounties are held there.

It will only happen if all bounty managers will unite to accept jobs that are escrowed only. But this is difficult to happen because most of them have their own preferences in terms of handling the campaign. Also, there will always be someone that will not agree with this and just accept the job as long as there is some sort of payment to him. That is why, you can find reputable managers here who don't want to accept token paying campaigns, either bitcoin or eth, while there are BMs who are focused on token paying campaigns, which most of them ended up not paying their participants because the project becomes dead even before hitting the exchange. So if you are a bounty hunter, just stick to campaign managers that you know you can trust.
Crypto5060

Activity: 441
Merit: 2

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 11:09:08 PM

At a point this was really the headway after many bounties refused to honour their side of the contract to pay hunters, bounty managers have to escrow tokens meant for hunters in order to protect their interest.

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: