Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think we can take pride that we didn't need a stimulus bill for btc  (Read 279 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 10:34:12 PM

If its at 7200 then that's only a 11%. The S&P and stocks seem to be at a 15% drop still. It's enough of a divergence to make me happy...

the stock market and BTC both made yearly highs in february. measured from there, the S&P index is down 18% and BTC is down 30%. bitcoin did not outperform stocks in this crisis---not even close.

i dunno why people around here keep trying to claim otherwise, probably because they are holding BTC and are feeding into their biases.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 08:33:12 PM

Is there proof of this? I'm curious if there are actually any links of random people looking for investments in crypto due to other market conditions or if its just speculation at this point.

A few Bitcoin supporters in my Twitter feed are making anecdotal claims like that. "I just got a call my high school friend, father, etc. They are looking to buy BTC because money printing!"

Like:
https://twitter.com/LizRabban/status/1244783207977017349
https://twitter.com/heavilyarmedc/status/1246262416956063746

I take such claims with a very large grain of salt. I assume they are exaggerated if not completely untrue. These are people who have spent years promoting Bitcoin and predicting fiat collapse.

For many years I have been known as "the Bitcoin guy" in my family and social circles. I haven't heard a single peep from anyone I know. I also can't imagine nocoiners looking the current BTC chart and wanting much to do with it.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 08:38:57 PM

Disregarding the mechanics of it and who would be doing it, if offered a stimulus bill during a ploppy time I wonder how many Bitcoin fans would clamour for it? I'm willing to guess it would be in the region of 95% or more.

It would certainly separate the dollar hunters from the true believers and I'm confident the former outweigh the latter by a factor of - fucktons.
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 04:42:05 AM

This is the beauty of truly decentralized system and the freedom of the people. The government has no control over your portfolio and they are not going to pause trade for any reason, so people are still very much happy they can make any profit.
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 06:50:19 AM

We shouldn't rely on government stimulus bill because BTC increase from 3,600 to where it is now is a decent stimulus for traders.

I remember reading a post in a Facebook group, the poster said he's going to use the stimulus to purchase BTC and I think that's a good move, pumping their printed money into the market cap. They can't do anything about that.
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 08:07:12 AM

In fact, we have received a lot of support from manipulative organizations. In the financial markets out there, there is the government that will adjust the economy when things get out of control. And for the crypto market, we have silent "governments" such as whales that sell at high prices and collect bitcoin at low prices. Actually this is their strategy, the volume here is quite low so they are quite easy to push the price of bitcoin.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: