Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: toiletpapertoken.com  (Read 159 times)
toiletpapertoken (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 09:54:57 AM

I have bought a domain toiletpapertoken.com, anyone thinking it is worth developing? Andy
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1122

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 10:27:41 AM

I have bought a domain toiletpapertoken.com, anyone thinking it is worth developing? Andy
No. You know why? 'Cause it'll only be flagged as a scam website.
CMC only added Toilet Paper Token as April fools joke. It is not to be taken seriously.
Unless of course, you're just building that website for fun (kinda like a meme website) and not wanting to raise any money.
But if you're thinking of anything serious that involves asking people for funding or something similar, don't. It's not worth it.

toiletpapertoken (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 11:33:36 AM

No. You know why? 'Cause it'll only be flagged as a scam website.
CMC only added Toilet Paper Token as April fools joke. It is not to be taken seriously.
Unless of course, you're just building that website for fun (kinda like a meme website) and not wanting to raise any money.
But if you're thinking of anything serious that involves asking people for funding or something similar, don't. It's not worth it.

I mean, looking from the financial point of view: "brand" has been promoted already to some extent by CMC, domain exactly matches the "brand". Surely, it will be something fun, not an ICO  Tongue i just need an idea and may be someone willing to take part.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4984

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 11:37:46 AM

--snip--

I mean, looking from the financial point of view: "brand" has been promoted already to some extent by CMC, domain exactly matches the "brand". Surely, it will be something fun, not an ICO  Tongue i just need an idea and may be someone willing to take part.

I'm just brainstorming/spitballing ideas here,  but maybe you can use it as some kind of site to provide information about fake ico's, scams, joke projects,... Since toiletpapertokes was, in fact, a joke, using your site for such purposes might be fine.

If you keep on adding useful content and build some loyal traffic, you might even publicize some clean, fact-checked ads to monetize your traffic.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1122

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 11:39:21 AM

I mean, looking from the financial point of view: "brand" has been promoted already to some extent by CMC, domain exactly matches the "brand". Surely, it will be something fun, not an ICO  Tongue i just need an idea and may be someone willing to take part.
Sure, the name has already been popularized but only as a meme, not an actual token that would have any market value.
Like I said, if your aim is just to build the website for fun, then go for it, nobody is stopping you.
But, if there will be money involve such as trying to ask people to invest in this token, then, that's a hard No.
BTW, Since this is still in a development phase, I would suggest moving this thread here: Project Development

cheater detector

Activity: 213
Merit: 53

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 11:40:43 AM

-snip-

So, what you will do for the domain? I guess you know toiletpaper from CMC right? and also about everyone
I mean the toiletpapertoken only been knowing by people who interested with cryptocurrency, and they know it's just April fools
I don't think toiletpapertoken can be a good brand
toiletpapertoken (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 02:58:40 PM

Spot on, this idea I was thinking about. I'm just not sure what kind of metrics to use  Huh How can you definitely identify scam and use same metrics for every project you are going to list?

--snip--

I mean, looking from the financial point of view: "brand" has been promoted already to some extent by CMC, domain exactly matches the "brand". Surely, it will be something fun, not an ICO  Tongue i just need an idea and may be someone willing to take part.

I'm just brainstorming/spitballing ideas here,  but maybe you can use it as some kind of site to provide information about fake ico's, scams, joke projects,... Since toiletpapertokes was, in fact, a joke, using your site for such purposes might be fine.

If you keep on adding useful content and build some loyal traffic, you might even publicize some clean, fact-checked ads to monetize your traffic.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 10:25:39 PM

Spot on, this idea I was thinking about. I'm just not sure what kind of metrics to use  Huh How can you definitely identify scam and use same metrics for every project you are going to list?

--snip--

If you really wanna develop this domain into something useful to other crypto users, that would be best.

Just some few pointers here to consider :

1 - team members - anonymous or not
               if they publish photos and profiles - check if legit or fake
2 - company registration/license - authentic or not
3 - whitepaper - plagiarized or not
4 - roadmap - generic (high chance that the project is short term)? comprehensive/detailed? doable?
5 - ICO/IEO - how much they are targetting (soft cap/hard cap), in what exchange (scam exchange or reputable one)
6 - project's objectives - unique or just a copy-paste from other projects
7 - website - secure or not secure?
8 - social media channels - presence of bots or shillers or spammers?

toiletpapertoken (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 12:09:53 PM

Anyone wishing to join?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: