Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Phishing, New trickery  (Read 236 times)
juslesly (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 04:15:57 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 05:30:32 PM by juslesly
Merited by alani123 (1), Twinkledoe (1)

Warning :
Scammer are getting more sophisticated.
Thankfully, prior to installation, I moved all my personal property information to another place.

Here is my story:
First: scammer use telegram accounts to send fraudulent messages to as many people as possible.
In message full information: website, password and secret keyword

same as the image below.

after downloading and installing, same as the image below.

If you send mbtc to another address it will say something like this,
You will never send them

For your safety I put the whole website as scammer used in the image below

Unfortunately I did not get back to the scene where the crook took control my computer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
juslesly (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 05:02:59 AM

Be careful, don't trust anyone you don't know,
Don't trust strange message, because in this world, nothing is free.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2020, 05:25:23 AM

Wait a minute, so they sent you a fake Electrum & BitGo app that automatically asks you to transfer your funds to their wallet? Or were they able to hijack your computer and take control of it?

That electrum notification does pop-up when you're not inserting your ledger (if you use it as your wallet), so I'm quite confused.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
juslesly (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 05:36:49 AM

Wait a minute, so they sent you a fake Electrum & BitGo app that automatically asks you to transfer your funds to their wallet? Or were they able to hijack your computer and take control of it?

That electrum notification does pop-up when you're not inserting your ledger (if you use it as your wallet), so I'm quite confused.

while you're updating the software They take advantage of your time noticing and they control your computer like a remote control device.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 05:41:06 AM

Warning :
Scammer are getting more sophisticated.
Thankfully, prior to installation, I moved all my personal property information to another place.

Here is my story:
First: scammer use telegram accounts to send fraudulent messages to as many people as possible.
In message full information: website, password and secret keyword

same as the image below.

after downloading and installing, same as the image below.

If you send mbtc to another address it will say something like this,
You will never send them

For your safety I put the whole website as scammer used in the image below

Unfortunately I did not get back to the scene where the crook took control my computer.

I quoted your post so that we can see the images.

Did you fell for the trap though? Before you download any crypto related apps, you have to verify it's signature like in Electrum. There has been a lot of attacks lately, Fake Electrum, MEW and Meta Mask.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
juslesly (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 05:44:46 AM

Did you fell for the trap though? Before you download any crypto related apps, you have to verify it's signature like in Electrum. There has been a lot of attacks lately, Fake Electrum, MEW and Meta Mask.

Thank you for understanding but I'm up here to warn and let the community know to avoid cases like me
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2020, 11:33:15 AM

Thank you for understanding but I'm up here to warn and let the community know to avoid cases like me

Someone new trying to deal with you and has no prior conversations with you. Isn't that a big red flag to avoid such attempts? I also received such messages a while ago but now I don't find this on my TG anymore (maybe I deleted it) but the catch is that the guy is sending you password and so much sensitive information to someone he doesn't knows. Anyway can smell fishy from miles away.

Someone smart enough wouldn't fall for this.
juslesly (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 02:02:14 PM

Someone new trying to deal with you and has no prior conversations with you. Isn't that a big red flag to avoid such attempts? I also received such messages a while ago but now I don't find this on my TG anymore (maybe I deleted it) but the catch is that the guy is sending you password and so much sensitive information to someone he doesn't knows. Anyway can smell fishy from miles away.

I get the same message once or twice daily. But this is the first time I trust it. I downloaded it and installed as a result they took control of my computer.
I really feel scared.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 11:10:14 PM

I get the same message once or twice daily. But this is the first time I trust it. I downloaded it and installed as a result they took control of my computer.
I really feel scared.

Oh well, at least you learn your lessons here, you shouldn't trust anyone. Just because they say you download certain apps and they will gave you free cryptos, you will blindly trust and follow them. You need to be smart and think logically. Education is the key here, and that is our main weapon against those cyber criminals. Not blaming you, but next time, be very very careful.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 11:25:50 PM

I really feel scared.

Oh well, at least you learn your lessons here, you shouldn't trust anyone. Just because they say you download certain apps and they will gave you free cryptos, you will blindly trust and follow them. You need to be smart and think logically. Education is the key here, and that is our main weapon against those cyber criminals. Not blaming you, but next time, be very very careful.

Offers that are too good to be true are quite suspicious. Most of the time, they are attacking those gullible users that will fall to their trap. I hope other users here will learn from this situation, who knows, you will encounter similar attempts like this ? They will be in different names or forms, so should be careful in dealing with those kind of persons or fake apps.
juslesly (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 05:38:18 AM

I really feel scared.

Yes, this is probably the last time I believe in such scammer, and in the future I hope there won't be anyone who has encountered the same situation.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 09:36:44 AM

If you are a responsible member of the community and you learn how scammers work, you are not going to go on a project without first checking if it is legit or not, and if it's too good to be true, you will have doubts and will check diligently if the offer is legit, we are in a world or industry where there are too scammers and we need to educate ourselves on how they work.

juslesly (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 10:53:16 AM

If you are a responsible member of the community and you learn how scammers work, you are not going to go on a project without first checking if it is legit or not, and if it's too good to be true, you will have doubts and will check diligently if the offer is legit, we are in a world or industry where there are too scammers and we need to educate ourselves on how they work.

I just started to learn about this market.
Perhap because of that, I was more easily fooled.
I had to delete all and reinstall my computer.
juslesly (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:06:10 AM

This is a great experience when I first come to this market, this will be my first lesson that will remind me what to do in the future.
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 09:38:56 AM

I really feel scared.
You made all the mistake by your own and i am pretty much sure that they got the control of your computer through that installed file. I don't know how could anyone do something foolish like this. Its seems clear to all that they plant their corrupted file on your computer by sending greedy offers through telegram  and after installation they took the control of your device. Like sometimes we take our clients teamviewer pin to complete the work by controling clients computer.

In some cases these scammer use another common way of copy/paste momentums where you copy and paste wallet address to make the transaction. In that case you will copy the address from your wallet but during paste automatically it will change the characters slightly. It's  another common way by which hackers are doing their crimes. By the way thanks for sharing all your experiences with this community.     

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

juslesly (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 12:49:33 PM

I really feel scared.

In some cases these scammer use another common way of copy/paste momentums where you copy and paste wallet address to make the transaction. In that case you will copy the address from your wallet but during paste automatically it will change the characters slightly. It's  another common way by which hackers are doing their crimes. By the way thanks for sharing all your experiences with this community.     

Thank you for comment, I just tried to share my story with the community.
Hopefully no one will make the same mistake as me anymore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: