Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Attempt at The Uberman Sleep Schedule  (Read 12267 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:20:05 PM

If you get to tired make sure to get some real sleep.
's not how it works. You get really exhausted, forcing your body into the different mode of sleeping. This is really rough for a week. If you maintain it though, you get to do it without the effort.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:26:31 PM

Saw in one of your videos that your mom had you turn off the computer, so you reverted to reading Socrates. Here's a book I read twice that I think you would enjoy: http://www.amazon.com/Math-Gene-Mathematical-Thinking-Evolved/dp/0465016197

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/img/b/0/0/18e/1/AAAACwnxq3oAAAAAAY4VGw/the-math-gene-how-mathematical-thinking-evolved-and-why-numbers-are-like-gossip-paperback.jpg?v=1317951519000

I'll download it tonight for my Kindle.
BTCurious

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:31:54 PM

I'll download it tonight for my Kindle.
Don't read at night in the first week though. Surefire way to fall asleep.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:34:39 PM

's not how it works. You get really exhausted, forcing your body into the different mode of sleeping. This is really rough for a week. If you maintain it though, you get to do it without the effort.
Well I was referring to the fact that he can have cardiac arrest if he try's to push himself to stay awake, which CAN happen. Especially if a bunch of stupid people on the Internet are egging him on in the form of "bets" to do it.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:43:47 PM

Well I was referring to the fact that he can have cardiac arrest if he try's to push himself to stay awake, which CAN happen. Especially if a bunch of stupid people on the Internet are egging him on in the form of "bets" to do it.

I'm pretty sure everyone told him to fucking stop. He's the one wanting to do it.

Also, a 17 year old having a cardiac arrest is highly unlikely. If he was 60 I'd say "don't do it man".

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:46:11 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone told him to fucking stop. He's the one wanting to do it.

Also, a 17 year old having a cardiac arrest is highly unlikely. If he was 60 I'd say "don't do it man".
True, maybe I just shouldn't care about people huh? 
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 01:48:09 PM

You're reading too much into what I'm saying. We're on the same page idiot.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 02:22:47 PM

You're reading too much into what I'm saying. We're on the same page idiot.
And I think you're reading "to little" into the entire situation.
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 03:32:16 PM

Good stuff as always from xkcd.  The 28-Hour day:

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 03:49:13 PM

The awesome fuzzies and hallucinations you see on day three of this sleep depravation are awesome. Let us know if you see any of those.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 04:33:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVD-TePZdZI

Day 2, Nap 6
BTCurious

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 05:35:47 PM

Uberman is way too strict and very hard to adjust to. I'd recommend trying the SPAMAYL plan if you fail this one. I did it for a summer and everything went smoothly, only stopped because of external sources.
I don't see much positive responses in the thread you linked to though.

ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 06:07:27 PM

Uberman is way too strict and very hard to adjust to. I'd recommend trying the SPAMAYL plan if you fail this one. I did it for a summer and everything went smoothly, only stopped because of external sources.
I've made myself fall asleep quite well. I feel just fine but that might be normal for the second day. We'll see me my fate all in good time.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:18:52 PM

Sleeping in a public restroom hardly works especially when it's for one person. I got my sleep in but there was a line outside the door. Lovely.

2nd day, 7th nap.

My mood is good, I'm well fed and hydrated. This still seems feasible.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:33:52 PM

and the time you win by not sleeping is not lost again by thinking, writing, planning, posting, recording ....
about your progress?

As much as I appriciate reading about your progress I really wonder if this sleep schedule is supposed to
work without effort and easy why is there do people that adhere to it - not just adhere to it and thats it.
Kind of like vegetarians or gay folks.

don't let me make you question your assumptions
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:38:45 PM

and the time you win by not sleeping is not lost again by thinking, writing, planning, posting, recording ....
about your progress?

As much as I appriciate reading about your progress I really wonder if this sleep schedule is supposed to
work without effort and easy why is there do people that adhere to it - not just adhere to it and thats it.

Heh. It is effortless to document. It takes no more than 10 minutes and I feel this needs to be documented for posterity. The value is inherent. I would love to see humanity to sleep less and do more (if individuals wish to).

From what I'm reading, I seem to be an exception. Most people would be pretty zombified by now. As for me, I feel normal. I might be genetically apt and/or psychologically honed for this. I only had a small period where I felt tempted to sleep and that was eased with philosophy and Harvard Classics.
BTCurious

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

From what I'm reading, I seem to be an exception. Most people would be pretty zombified by now. As for me, I feel normal. I might be genetically apt and/or psychologically honed for this. I only had a small period where I felt tempted to sleep and that was eased with philosophy and Harvard Classics.
Your previous experience with alternate sleep schedules probably helps, and has taught your body to take a decent amount of rest out of those 20 minute naps. Also, being young helps Smiley
I expect you to have some trouble at the end of the third day though…

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:08:31 PM

Your previous experience with alternate sleep schedules probably helps, and has taught your body to take a decent amount of rest out of those 20 minute naps. Also, being young helps Smiley
I expect you to have some trouble at the end of the third day though…

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:12:53 PM

To purport significant meaning and attachment over decisions and wants is to go as far as to deny what life should be truly like: as it is.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 12:30:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1h_RwdVDc

Day 2, 8th nap... Starting to feel effects...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: