Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:27:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Revolut account blocking  (Read 153 times)
con_te (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 09:05:05 AM

Hi everybody.
I was using Revolut from autumn 2018. From October 2019 I have a Metal plan (Premium user). I used my Metal card for several payments in the the store and small cash withdrawals (less than 300 euro), and my Revolut account for several SEPA transfers within EU (under 200 euros). I also used Revolut trading platform for stocks trading.
In January 2020 I have received a 7000 USD transfer from the US company who owed me this money. When I have tried to withdraw this amount I have received a push-notification in Revolut app saying that my account is temporally limited for some security review and I need to provide some additional information to Revolut. An access to account was blocked. The only option I had was to contact Revolut support team via their in-app chat. After four hours of waiting one of the team member contacted me asking to verify my identity. Then they asked me questions about my source of funds and the nature of the recent transfer. I have provided all the necessary information including pdf-documents required. The communication process was very slow and lasted for the whole day long. I was told that Revolut needs to check my account and when this check is completed they will notify me.
No time frames, no specification of the reason for this blocking, no access to funds and to trading platform! They just blocked my account with the balance of about 10 000 USD. It happened at the beginning of February.
I wrote them again several times via their support chat several times but received no answer. The chat does not connect me to any live agent. No reaction, no response, total ignoring.
I have found them on Twitter. After sending a message asking about my issue I received a templated reply saying practically nothing new: account is under review and they can’t give me any other information. After that they just blocked me on Twitter so I can’t write them anymore.
After 2 months of waiting I have sent them an official email complaint and in 3 days received the same standard reply with no specific information about time frame and reasons.
It seems like they just don’t care about their clients, no matter if you are premium or standard user. No phone numbers to call. No respect.
After 10 weeks of silence I have sent another official email complaint to UK Financial Ombudsman Service and is now waiting for their reply.
Keep this information in mind and be careful with Revolut. They can do whatever they want whenever they want with your money, and you might have many problems getting them back. If you are a Revolut client try to find other alternative before they block you with no prior notification.
Take care!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 03:31:49 PM

TL;DR

Use Bitcoin so nobody can block your money.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 04:21:01 PM

Hi everybody.
I was using Revolut from autumn 2018. From October 2019 I have a Metal plan (Premium user). I used my Metal card for several payments in the the store and small cash withdrawals (less than 300 euro), and my Revolut account for several SEPA transfers within EU (under 200 euros). I also used Revolut trading platform for stocks trading.
In January 2020 I have received a 7000 USD transfer from the US company who owed me this money. When I have tried to withdraw this amount I have received a push-notification in Revolut app saying that my account is temporally limited for some security review and I need to provide some additional information to Revolut. An access to account was blocked. The only option I had was to contact Revolut support team via their in-app chat. After four hours of waiting one of the team member contacted me asking to verify my identity. Then they asked me questions about my source of funds and the nature of the recent transfer. I have provided all the necessary information including pdf-documents required. The communication process was very slow and lasted for the whole day long. I was told that Revolut needs to check my account and when this check is completed they will notify me.
No time frames, no specification of the reason for this blocking, no access to funds and to trading platform! They just blocked my account with the balance of about 10 000 USD. It happened at the beginning of February.
I wrote them again several times via their support chat several times but received no answer. The chat does not connect me to any live agent. No reaction, no response, total ignoring.
I have found them on Twitter. After sending a message asking about my issue I received a templated reply saying practically nothing new: account is under review and they can’t give me any other information. After that they just blocked me on Twitter so I can’t write them anymore.
After 2 months of waiting I have sent them an official email complaint and in 3 days received the same standard reply with no specific information about time frame and reasons.
It seems like they just don’t care about their clients, no matter if you are premium or standard user. No phone numbers to call. No respect.
After 10 weeks of silence I have sent another official email complaint to UK Financial Ombudsman Service and is now waiting for their reply.
Keep this information in mind and be careful with Revolut. They can do whatever they want whenever they want with your money, and you might have many problems getting them back. If you are a Revolut client try to find other alternative before they block you with no prior notification.
Take care!

I've had several thousand USD on my Revolut and never had a problem.
Are you from some "risky" country? Or did you trade some crypto for Revolut payment?
BTCBUSTER

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 05:57:33 PM

TL;DR

Use Bitcoin so nobody can block your money.

that is true sir, since no one is in control and after the blocks confirm then he gets his bitcoin in the wallet without stories
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: