Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox https bug  (Read 1515 times)
pent (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 08:49:50 PM

I don't know about others, but personally I really tired on this.

The first hit (after some time of inactivity) to https://mtgox.com/{whatever} results to HTTPS error 101: connection reset by peer. All other hits are okay.

I expirence this issue from:

- Google Chrome 15 (actually any version) Linux
- python CLI API scripts (Linux)
- php CLI API scripts (Linux)
- MtGoxLive Android Application
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 09:19:37 PM

This is the case for me as well. Not that I really care...
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 09:39:13 PM

I don't know about others, but personally I really tired on this.

The first hit (after some time of inactivity) to https://mtgox.com/{whatever} results to HTTPS error 101: connection reset by peer. All other hits are okay.

I expirence this issue from:

- Google Chrome 15 (actually any version) Linux
- python CLI API scripts (Linux)
- php CLI API scripts (Linux)
- MtGoxLive Android Application

Using Chrome on Win7 x64 and the API for a .Net bot have never once had this issue. Maybe its becuase chrome won't load pages multiple times if done too quickly. (I.E. Closing chrome then loading the same page or loading multiple tabs of the same page.) It might be to prevent spammers..?  There are other possible reasons like Gox blocking certain IP's from making so many request in a given amount of time, etc. Not sure, best way to figure it out is record your browsing sessions and send it in to Gox to look at your account...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
pent (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 10:42:48 PM

Example:

After certain period of inactivity on mtgox after try to load page I get picture above.

Also MtGoxLive (Android) fails to login with similar error sometimes.

Also BTCTicker (Android) also fails to get ticker for same reason. Have to force its reload twice.

I think the reason in ugly anti-DDOS protection.
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 10:48:17 PM

After certain period of inactivity on mtgox after try to load page I get picture above.

Also MtGoxLive (Android) fails to login with similar error sometimes.

Also BTCTicker (Android) also fails to get ticker for same reason. Have to force its reload twice.

I think the reason in ugly anti-DDOS protection.

Aye, protection for sure, but is likely the timer on the secure tunnel session. You may have to find a way to have the pages refresh to reset the timer before it drops the tunnel.

I have not used the Android apps but would assume the session handling is roughly the same.

Annoying as it may be, it is a necessary evil and reduces the risk of session hijacks by not having a timer set.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

pent (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 10:51:21 PM

Aye, protection for sure, but is likely the timer on the secure tunnel session. You may have to find a way to have the pages refresh to reset the timer before it drops the tunnel.

I have not used the Android apps but would assume the session handling is roughly the same.

Annoying as it may be, it is a necessary evil and reduces the risk of session hijacks by not having a timer set.
Sorry, what timer are you talking about, when it shows this error once i booted the PC and opened browser with mtgox main page?

It works okay after page refresh, but is annoying.

No other https sites show this error.
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 10:56:24 PM

Sorry, what timer are you talking about, when it shows this error once i booted the PC and opened browser with mtgox main page?

It works okay after page refresh, but is annoying.

No other https sites show this error.

Its a 'session' timer and is bound to your credentials and has a timer set to it for each session instance your account is allowed.  If you received it after fresh boot it is possible your last session had not timed out yet.?  Had you recently left the site without logging out or accessed it via API or other means before the fresh boot?  I'm just tossing possiblities out there. Without kowing exactly how Gox has it configured it could be something that is actually breaking that we are not aware of.

Most other https sites arn't quite as strict with just the session timers because they have other secure measures in place on top of them to ident your access.

- GA

pent (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 10:59:27 PM

Yes, I actually never logout, MtGox do it well instead of me. About 10 mins of inactivity and I am out.
pent (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 11:01:59 PM

I'll try to catch it with Firefox (Linux), but still no luck. Actually I dont like firefox with their constant major version changes and use it very rare.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:29:20 AM

Could you confirm your ISP is not inserting any transparent proxy?

We never had such reports so far, and we weren't able to reproduce this problem from here. Could you try again from a different ISP too?
pent (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 10:41:10 AM

I still can not reproduce this bug in firefox. Seems it depends on browser.

There is no transparent proxy as I always sit behind openvpn. The host running openvpn daemon is under my control. This issue appears from Netherlands, US (VPN) and Ukraine (No VPN) IPs.
pent (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 10:24:45 PM

Looks like bug disappeared
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: