Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can POLIS surpass DASH and become nr. 1 in the payment industry?  (Read 318 times)
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 07:01:27 PM

There is nothing wrong if Polis devs have the believes and determination to be the first payment industry we have in crypto currency and today.
The only wrong is that, No token should aim to surpass dash, instead developers are supposed to be focused on how to improve the world adoption of crypto currency by providing a product superior and more efficient that existing products; that way, everything gets surpassed easily without competition.

To round off my note, this is the first time i am seeing anything related to Polis, Dash remains the best in its league, with respected exchange listing and volume.
Always do your own research.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 08:28:23 PM

Am just getting to know about POLIS today but DASH I have known for a long time. From your post, POLIS looks like or is a potential token growing gradually with prospects of becoming massive, but comparing to a coin like DASH which has been in existence for long with good products and services is way off because DASH is the better and most trusted one. DASH has pitched its platform to be exceptional therefore to be overtaken by a coin still growing and not among top 100 in CMC (currently rank 387) won't be happening anytime soon.
dingo25 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 02:17:18 PM

instead developers are supposed to be focused on how to improve the world adoption of crypto currency by providing a product superior and more efficient that existing products; that way, everything gets surpassed easily without competition.

I agree 100% with you. And i think that in a couple of months they will do what no other crypto did, and that is to make a product that anyone can use, not just crypto enthusiasts. Just look at this:

https://medium.com/@PolisBlockchain/polis-project-q1-recap-01-01-to-03-31-ba6a4ab60f31
Kodaman

Activity: 189
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 03:40:20 PM

DASH is a great project but not a privacy coin. Coinmixing is not really anonymity and easy to track by authorities.

Polis can never be close to DASH whatsoever though Smiley
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 03:49:23 PM

DASH is a great project but not a privacy coin. Coinmixing is not really anonymity and easy to track by authorities.

~
Gonna have to correct you on that one: coin mixing is actually one of the best ways to anonymize your transactions if used the right way. Exchanges have recently started to even block wallets of users using mixers due to the lack of possibility for authorities/exchanges to track the mixed coins down or reverse search them.

This thread isn't about privacy though, but quite the opposite.. privacy isn't part of the focus when it comes to cards for payments.
dingo25 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 06:54:06 PM

Coinmixing is extremely difficult to track, but the ultimate goal of DASH is not privacy. They want to have real-life use cases and to provide a fully-decentralized payments solution.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 07:44:01 PM

POLIS is a good project no doubt at least from recent developments but surpassing a project like DASH will be a huge task for their team. It is quite easy to surpass an upcoming project than one which has been in inception and developing for years (like DASH) and not only that, one which is among top 100 in coinmarketcap let alone DASH which is among top 50. Also, even at that, DASH is already looking for more ways to improve which will also make it more harder for POLIS to catch up with it not to talk of surpassing it.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 09:22:51 PM

1st.

This is also the very first time that I've heard about Polis.

2nd.

The feature that it offers isn't different from the existing and third party services that we have today.

3rd.

Why compare something we don't even heard of to Dash which is commonly known and popular ever since?

Though I have heard Polis before but it doesn't come close to the popularity of Dash. They will have a long journey to even compete with Dash in the market. Just looking the overview between Dash and Polis in CMC will give you idea how far they are -

Dash - Rank 20 vs. Rank 384

vs.

I am not considering the markets that they are listed with. But if you will check both of them. Dash has a lot as compared to few exchanges for Polis. So nope, right now, Polis has a lot of things to do to even achieve half the popularity of dash.

The price or the position on the list is ok to look at and compare, but when you look at the volume it's lik David fighting Goliath. Maybe if Dash dies for some reason or gets banned here and there, or has some critical bug Polis can overtake it but with that volume there's obviously not much interest in this coin.

I heard about this coin because I was for a time interested in PoS coin but most of those coins are pure speculation with no real use. They can claim to have partnerships and such but there's a long way from enabling payments to people using them.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 09:43:27 PM

Literally every single post you have made on this forum is about POLIS. You are obviously a shill account and nothing more.

Nothing you say should be misconstrued as insightful or valuable, since you are just here to shill your absolute trash alternative to DASH.

The answer to your question is NO.

Any project that needs to shill itself on forums to achieve some semblance of recognition has absolutely no chance of toppling DASH.
dingo25 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 02:22:22 PM

Literally every single post you have made on this forum is about POLIS.

Most of my posts are about POLIS and DASH because i love projects with a use case. I invested in DASH in 2016 and all i can say is that cryptocurrencies would not be what they are today without DASH.

And the funny thing is that most of the people who say that POLIS is a "shillcoin" will end up using a POLIS product in the not so distant future. And i am not from the POLIS staff or anything like that. The reason i post is to help people get on the next big train early, not when it will be 50$+
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 04:41:20 PM

I never heard about POLIS before, however, I would say that DASH has already established itself in the industry so it will be very difficult to just topple someone here in crypto specially as far as payment system is concern. Bitcoin is still there, together with ETH, which lately have been gaining grounds as well to be a payment system Reddit: Why not bitcoin?.

And as pointed out by @CryptoCrawler_2017, to be able to gain traction in the community, perhaps POLIS needs to be listed on top tier exchanges.

I too never heard or read about this coin, but checking their data on Coingecko they are a long way compared to Dash, Dash is fully established coin in the market, and it's not traded in a good exchange they have a good price and low supply but unfortunately not much trading volume, but anyway thanks for posting this is a good awareness.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 05:21:31 PM

I am just gonna view this whole thread as good advertisement for Dash.
Thank you OP.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dingo25 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 11:15:14 AM

I am just gonna view this whole thread as good advertisement for Dash.
Thank you OP.

DASH does not need any advertisment. It's one of the best cryptocurrencies. I can't belive it's rank is 18 on coinmarketcap and there are some cryptos above it with no utility at all...
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 298

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 11:54:21 AM

I have looked the whole internet but could not find any reference for the POLIS coin and it's use in amazon or any of these services. These fraud claims only defames the project and brings no yield. But with everyone with a username and no verification of individuals, the OP could even be intending to defame the project or is trying to increase his blog viewership.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄