Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:55:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Analyze Ethereum 2.0 to Explore The Future of Consensus Algorithm  (Read 99 times)
Connor LC (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 08:44:53 AM

Will Casper and Ethereum 2.0 increase the market value of ETH?
Even take place of Bitcoin?🧐
My fresh and in-deed analysis for the current state of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.

"If the developing progress happened like this, a boom in application on Ethereum would be possible, and Ethereum would become the world computer and financial settlement layer. The price of ETH depends only on how much the user needs to pay for miners. Due to the introduction of ETH2.0 sharding, the overall TPS would increase significantly, and the transaction fee for a single transaction would be a big decline, and the price of ETH may continue to fall.
If Ethereum develops in this direction, it may introduce a problem that the value of the mortgaged ETH may be less than the value of the DAPP running on the shard chain. At this time, miners have enough reasons to acts in a malicious manner and steal the value of DAPP by launching a double-spend attack or other ways."

"Of course, not the whole miners would definitely do evil. We also have many other ways to punish the evildoers. For example, the exchange freezes or refuses to accept the assets of the evildoers. Since the current status of the blockchain industry mixed centralized and decentralized. But the essence of this logic is that if the POS consensus and Slash models are adopted, the security boundary of the value of DAPP applications that can be carried on Ethereum is the market value of ETH itself."

"This may be a hidden problem for restricting the continued expansion of the DeFi economy on Ethereum. As for the security reasons, the market value of the overall DAPP cannot exceed the market value of ETH."

Written in a hurry, welcome to read the full article.
https://link.medium.com/FvfdBmJ7y5
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 03:34:37 PM

The price of ETH depends only on how much the user needs to pay for miners. Due to the introduction of ETH2.0 sharding, the overall TPS would increase significantly, and the transaction fee for a single transaction would be a big decline, and the price of ETH may continue to fall.
Despite i liked the analysis you made, i don't totally agree with everything.
I don't think that eth price after the set of eth2.0 will only depend on mining fees. Many other variables can infect the price and the supply in circulation as well.
We can't ignore the depandance of eth to bitcoin, like other alts too, so it's far to think ethereum would replace btc.

Better to move this topic to the altcoin board.
Connor LC (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

The price of ETH depends only on how much the user needs to pay for miners. Due to the introduction of ETH2.0 sharding, the overall TPS would increase significantly, and the transaction fee for a single transaction would be a big decline, and the price of ETH may continue to fall.
Despite i liked the analysis you made, i don't totally agree with everything.
I don't think that eth price after the set of eth2.0 will only depend on mining fees. Many other variables can infect the price and the supply in circulation as well.
We can't ignore the depandance of eth to bitcoin, like other alts too, so it's far to think ethereum would replace btc.

Better to move this topic to the altcoin board.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: