Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Exchange got hacked  (Read 503 times)
leatutz

Activity: 523
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 11:51:38 PM

Another crypto exchange got hacked and this time the victim is Bisq, a trading platform that has temporarily ceased all its trading services that unfortunately cost users at least $250,000 in digital funds, is there no year gone by withouth a crypto exchange getting hacked? This one weaks me, will this ever stop?
This hack will not stop believe me, I'm saying it because I have strong point. All old exchange can't survive for long time, where new exchange will take this place. Any new exchange hasn't any hack experience, how to protect an exchange. Hack means some limitations, every exchange has something, just smart people find it after long time work. My suggestion is New exchange should take help from old exchange.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 11:54:05 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2020, 12:10:32 AM by rathaha10

Another crypto exchange got hacked and this time the victim is Bisq, a trading platform that has temporarily ceased all its trading services that unfortunately cost users at least $250,000 in digital funds, is there no year gone by withouth a crypto exchange getting hacked? This one weaks me, will this ever stop?

These hacks are just getting  too much with each passing day and i can confidently say this happening is very dangerous to the current state of the market as we are hoping for a more of a stable market since the dump cause by the global crisis of the pandemic. I think every exchange should brace up their security against these hacker, like it's been a decade since this has been happening amd yet there isn't a go-to approach to make exchanges more secure.  I feel for the thousands of user who will lose assets to this hack during this difficult time as everyone is bracing up to see the end of the tunnel of this whole global pandemic

ahyadinnn

Activity: 1554
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 12:12:34 AM

This should be a lesson to all the community newbies as not to keep your funds in any exchange. Exchanges without good reputation by the community members should be seen as a threat to those who don't want their funds to get lost. From the beginning of the cryptocurrency world was these types of hacks and the hacks continues, we should be careful about our funds. Any exchange that keep your private keys tends to take control over your savings.
Even though the exchange has a good reputation, it can still be hacked, as was the case with binance at the time, but fortunately I have disbursed all my assets to my personal wallet when the problem occurred, so for now it's better to secure every asset in the wallet that has been in provide, and save assets in that market are not recommended because it is very risky
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 06:10:59 AM

It's an unending story. Hackers can hacked some crypto exchanges and no one can ever prevent that. I remembered Binance before, but they acquire all the responsibilities and return the hacked btc to the users. However, I wonder how Bisq reacts to this situation. Will they compensate and be responsible for the lost and hacked coins? Or will they just exit?

Ols or new exchanges cannot escaped this bad experience, hacking issues. But if these happens, their security would always be at question.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 07:26:33 AM

This should be a lesson to all the community newbies as not to keep your funds in any exchange. Exchanges without good reputation by the community members should be seen as a threat to those who don't want their funds to get lost. From the beginning of the cryptocurrency world was these types of hacks and the hacks continues, we should be careful about our funds. Any exchange that keep your private keys tends to take control over your savings.
Even though the exchange has a good reputation, it can still be hacked, as was the case with binance at the time, but fortunately I have disbursed all my assets to my personal wallet when the problem occurred, so for now it's better to secure every asset in the wallet that has been in provide, and save assets in that market are not recommended because it is very risky

It is always good to safeguard our asset in our personal wallets, of course, a trader will always hold some funds in the exchange for their trading activity. Even though Binance got hacked, but they fairly distributed the lost funds from their #SAFU funds, there are many other exchanges who didn't share funds to their when they got hacked. That's why it is always good to stay with the securities exchange like penance.
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 07:31:38 AM

Even binance got hacked, the most respected crypto exchange in crypto universe, this mean that anything can happen to any exchange at any time, the wisest move is never to leave funds on exchanges

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 08:59:11 PM

It's an unending story. Hackers can hacked some crypto exchanges and no one can ever prevent that. I remembered Binance before, but they acquire all the responsibilities and return the hacked btc to the users. However, I wonder how Bisq reacts to this situation. Will they compensate and be responsible for the lost and hacked coins? Or will they just exit?

Ols or new exchanges cannot escaped this bad experience, hacking issues. But if these happens, their security would always be at question.
In Bisq situation it didnt really have that issue of stored funds being hacked but the way transactions being intercepted since this is p2p then
that flaw does really give out effect.I didnt even expect for that thing to happen yet we know that Bisq is a dex but hackers do able to find ways
on exploiting it that simply means nothing is unhackable.So far, there are no announcement in regards about compensation.

Even binance got hacked, the most respected crypto exchange in crypto universe, this mean that anything can happen to any exchange at any time, the wisest move is never to leave funds on exchanges

Its always been suggested but there are people who do still ignore this basic stuff.

superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 12:04:16 AM

what will you expect these days, hackers target are the exchanges where they can steal a lot of money if they successfully enter thsy cabn easily send the exchnage fund into the hackes account.

TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 12:14:35 AM

I imagined! How a whole exchange get hacked, then could that be due to the safety ignorance of the account managers or what actually made the account vulnerable because I believe it Should be handled by experts. What will now be the lots of all those who have the coin with them.it was like binance was also a victim of hackers sometimes ago.. something has to be done as all this are not good record for the image and progress of cryptocurrency.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 11:12:20 AM

hacking on exchange is normal but it is really weakening if your one of those users who got hacked but you can be fine if ever the exchange decided to refund you but i think that is rare and they will also refund by some percent and not the total amount that you have left before the hacking begun .

the hacking wont be stop . small or big exchange is not exempted to this  but the exchange that have been hacked before should know if what they are missing out on thier security and they can improve it to prevent the same situation
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 02:02:11 PM

Greatfully, binance can solved the problem and pay back all money that has stolen. That is the important thing, as long as the exchange can be able to give the money back then we will be fine with the exchange. The worst thing is an exchange can't be able to replace the user-owned money.

Because as we know the chance for the exchange getting hacked is 80% although we have considered that security exchange is good but there will be a chance to pass it. A security was made by human through the technology and we know either that hackers is human as well he will know what everyone done especially if they do the same thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: