Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start mining at home 2020  (Read 415 times)
Alexeymalutin (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2020, 08:55:52 PM

Hello,

If you are staring at home and interested in starting mining or get a basic idea on mining.
Check out my YouTube guide on how to start mining with MinerGate at home - https://youtu.be/peWl80MGqL4

If you have any questions, you can ask me hear or on in comment section of the video.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SeaBits

Activity: 66
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 09:08:23 PM

Hello,

If you are staring at home and interested in starting mining or get a basic idea on mining.
Check out my YouTube guide on how to start mining with MinerGate at home - https://youtu.be/peWl80MGqL4

If you have any questions, you can ask me hear or on in comment section of the video.

I looked the channel and came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOhl0H0JtJQ - I've seen these same patterns of the miner release schedules. The moment you buy what you think is the fastest and efficient miner gets out done by a new release a few months later. It's a vicious cycle but it's how the system works.

Keep up the good work Alex!
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 07:18:59 PM

You are either shilling the scam site Miner Gate or you are simply unaware, for convince I prefer to believe the latter is the case, if you didn't know, now you do, I urge you to delete that video if you want to teach people how to mine - teach them how to use mining software like Claymore and not these scam programs which steals your hashrate and your payouts.

And just for the record, the video doesn't have to do with BTC, and this thread should be in Altcoin mining ( I would say it should be deleted but sadly scam isn't moderated here).

I hope my comment won't let you down keep on spreading knowledge, but very picky when comes to advertising anything in crypto, don't help scammers by sending them more victims.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kodaman

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 03:31:41 PM

Mining is currently dead. Better to save up your energy..
map_ua
Copper Member

Activity: 59

Tg: @map_ua Discrod: vjmap#6929

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 04:59:15 AM

i dont agree.

its more like every other thing. on start everybody is in same boat and have same options.
as time go, things are consolidating around big funds/corporations.

mining is still super good bussiness, but not for single enteties.
You need good connections to sellers of hardware, to developers of software.

Private CPU pool, pm me to join 150%-180% of xmr profit.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 05:16:30 AM

i dont agree.

its more like every other thing. on start everybody is in same boat and have same options.
as time go, things are consolidating around big funds/corporations.

mining is still super good bussiness, but not for single enteties.
You need good connections to sellers of hardware, to developers of software.

Basically the reason why everyone is in the same boat is the same reason why its unprofitable to mine. If nobody was mining then it would be very profitable to mine. I remember back in 2016 right after ETH topped at like $20 and started to drop due to DAO hack, mining was being very unprofitable. However you still made like $2/per gpu/day. And right before this people were pulling in like $5/gpu/day. Then eventually 2017 started and you all know what happened right after.

So at the end of 2016 the price wasn't the greatest however there was still profit to be made, why? Because not as much people as today were mining. Now its very difficult because the FOMO we got in 2017-2018 made many people discover mining and how its "free money" and hence why the difficulty is so high and basically nobody makes any money anymore.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ahmedtanjid

Activity: 110
Merit: 3

Living my life.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 09:08:19 PM

In general, everything looks interesting, simple and most importantly profitable ... But will it all work in reality, not only in the video?
Use mining software instead. If you got faster cpu and gpu you can mine with profit. Stay away from this type of site which literally stealing your hash's.

████████████ This is my Life████████████
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:18:56 AM

Mining is still fair if you have free electricity to run miners or if you are rich enough to build a solar farm, solar mining is even better and energy safer than electricity, just that the cost is huge

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 05:22:50 PM

With current condition, Looks like mining it's not dead and was great option if you have cheap electricity cost (Mine cost around 0.05-0.07/kwh today, Discounted because this pandemic) and before if you have full work but getting Termination of Employment or something else that keeps you from getting paid from your previous work, i think it's good choice. I personally already buy 1 RX 580 8gb around feb-march and stil wating for another to come (Maybe Next week) i have the problem like i said above, so it's good option for me to get some earning beside do some trading until this pandemic end and get another full time works, Cheers mate.

And for this topic, i think it's better to stay off from miner gate and join other pool.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 05:46:00 AM

With current condition, Looks like mining it's not dead and was great option if you have cheap electricity cost (Mine cost around 0.05-0.07/kwh today, Discounted because this pandemic) and before if you have full work but getting Termination of Employment or something else that keeps you from getting paid from your previous work, i think it's good choice. I personally already buy 1 RX 580 8gb around feb-march and stil wating for another to come (Maybe Next week) i have the problem like i said above, so it's good option for me to get some earning beside do some trading until this pandemic end and get another full time works, Cheers mate.

And for this topic, i think it's better to stay off from miner gate and join other pool.

At the moment its not possible to earn a living with just sitting at home and mining. You could do this at anytime before 2018 but right now the profits just aren't there. In mid 2017- early 2018 there were periods where a GPU like RX 570 earned about $5 per day per GPU. So if you had 20 of these GPUs you would of made $100/day. So about $3000 which is like a full time job. The GPUs quickly paid for themselves since they were relatively cheap.

Right now the same GPU makes like $0.25 and if you pay for power, almost all of the profits go to the power bill. Even with free power you would need like 500 of these to be able to earn a living, its just not possible at the moment. Network is too saturated because there are too many miners out there.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██