Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: claiming bitcoin SV with bitcoind  (Read 125 times)
vvic (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 03:27:36 PM

so, mega question, guys. I figured I should claim BSV since I had balance in my BCH wallet on the fork date (and much later than that).  Apparently BSV doesn't even have own GUI wallet and I'm not fan of thin wallets, multiasset wallet and all those electrums, electrons certainly not mobile clients listed on bitcoinsv.io. All right, I thought I can deal with cli. They only have bitcoind and no bitcoin-qt wallet. Ok, got that going, gave it (now empty) wallet.dat file from BCH. Following the advice everyone gives, I've transferred funds into new wallet. Blockchain is fully synchronized now, but the ballance is 0.0... I shouldn't have moved the BCH prior claiming BSV? Or there was time frame I could claim this fork? Anyone successfully claimed BSV with bitcoind? I can't seem to find any instructions that wouldn't involve exchange wallets, hardware wallets or electrum/atom/hodler. I'm using their Bitcoin SV 1.0.2 wallet.
Rickorick

Activity: 107
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 05:17:46 PM

Have you been able to figure this out? Does bitcoin show any outgoing transaction of the BSV coins?
vvic (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 09:03:25 AM

yeah bitcoin-cli listtransactions shows all of the transactions of this wallet. and no, I haven't figured this out yet. even shittiest shitcoins have better wallets than BSV
Rickorick

Activity: 107
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 09:56:17 AM

Have you tried electrum sv?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: