Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recently purchased Bitmain? S9  (Read 287 times)
SeaMerchant (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 12:56:38 AM
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

So I recently purchased a Bitmain ant miner and was curious to see what problems would arise? I currently own a laptop and a desktop and wondered if I need to build a new rig for my mining activities.

I currently have software that I researched, but unsure how to set up the ant miners to them. Nice Hash and Cudo miner are the two programs that I currently have downloaded and want to know what problems would I have to deal with or is it a quick setup.

I am looking into buying at least 4 s9 ant miners to start my mining rig and a network switch.

So my question is how would this work, do i link the ant miner ip address to the programs and let it run then collect my btc and withdrawl? Also I noted in another post that you do not need a computer to set up the ant miners that it could be done with a phone?

Please and Thank you.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 04:46:17 AM

I suggest you go take a look at the documentation over at bitmain and then come back here when you are hitting certain problems.

This article might be a little help https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022811434-How-to-set-up-a-new-T17

Its not the model that you have but most antminers will be setup the same way. Do you have an instruction leaflet that came with the mining rig?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5640

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 06:48:26 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

I currently have software that I researched, but unsure how to set up the ant miners to them. Nice Hash and Cudo miner are the two programs that I currently have downloaded and want to know what problems would I have to deal with or is it a quick setup.
You can only choose one of those software; or none, just create a bitcoin wallet (eg. Electrum) and join a Bitcoin mining pool.
Using the article in the post above, you can easily configure your miner to connect to a mining pool, then it's plug-and-play.

Quote from: SeaMerchant
So my question is how would this work, do i link the ant miner ip address to the programs and let it run then collect my btc and withdrawl? Also I noted in another post that you do not need a computer to set up the ant miners that it could be done with a phone?
As long as your phone's browser supports full webpage view and connected to the same network as your Antminer, it will work (mini-browsers might not work).

Withdrawal and miner configuration will depend entirely on the pool of your choice, some have an internal account which requires you to withdraw or set an auto-withdrawal to your own wallet.
Some will automatically send your earned BTC (for a specific timeframe) to your bitcoin address.

You should post a reply to bitcoin mining pools' official threads for support because settings differ per pool (although it's already written in their respective OP).
Here are a couple of options: KanoPool | ckpool

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SeaMerchant (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 08:09:34 PM

@nc50lc
Thanks a lot bro, much help appreciated! Will look into mining pools as to see where to go next with setting up.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2020, 11:22:23 PM

~snip~

Actually you are confused between mining rig and antminer/ASIC miner.
Because if you say that you are going to build a mining rig it means you are building a GPU mining rig. ASIC miner like antminer s9 is different this is plug and play it won't need a mining rig to make them work. You must have a PC or Phone to access them through WebGUI and set up the pool if where you want to mine a Bitcoin.

The link above is for t17 but I think there's no difference in setting up any antminer but if you still confuse you can check these links below.

- https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/221146928-How-to-set-up-a-new-S9
- https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007488413-How-to-set-up-a-new-S9i-S9j

Complete video guide to setup antminer s9
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXjdm81PhE

Mining pools can be found here https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin

About Cudo miner it only supports altcoin it is not compatible with Antminer s9. Nicehash and this software you don't need these two to run the antminer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2255

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 05:43:19 PM

About Cudo miner it only supports altcoin it is not compatible with Antminer s9. Nicehash and this software you don't need these two to run the antminer.

cudo miner can be used with asics - if I recall their fee is rather high though.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 05:01:53 AM

Before you get into this, there are 2 things you should know. The Antminer S9 is started to get old. I don't know what your power costs are but if you are paying $0.10 kwh which is the average in North America for residental power then you would lose like $1.50 per day since it costs more to run than actually makes profit.

Now another thing to consider is that next month, is called the halving. So mining would get even more unprofitable. Basically almost half as profitable so instead of losing $1.50 you would lose $2.30 or so, just doing these numbers in my head.

So let us know your power costs and we can help you out further.

Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 10:51:19 AM

Buying 4 bitmain s9 is suicidal, the s9 asic miners are outdated already and now they aren't profitable at all, they are very power hungry and 99percent of your income will be going for electricity costs unless you have green power or free electricity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 06:55:38 AM

I assume You have at least 4 doors, so You can use all of them as door stoppers...  Roll Eyes

SeaMerchant (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:47:12 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Should have done a lot more research before purchasing   Huh, but it’s alright I’ll manage. Hopefully I can get at least one of them running just for experience sake.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: