Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:04:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I know where Bitcoin is located!  (Read 898 times)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:42:44 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 10:59:41 PM by mdude77

I found this email in my spam folder.  Smiley

We all agree that Bitcoin addresses are too long, so why not use a Bitcoin address shortener? We're proud to invite you to try out our Bitcoin address shortener, for free. It's great for print and web communication!

btcaddr.es

There are additional features too such as Bitcoin Address Search, Bitcoin Address Generator, and more.

See you there!
Copyright © 2014 Bitcoin, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because of your interest in Bitcoin services.

Bitcoin
201 North Street
Washington, Dc 20007

The only link referenced (twice) is btcaddr.es.  No doubt my browser will be assaulted in all sorts of nefarious manners if I attempt to go there or some attempt will be made to deprive me of bitcoins.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:49:59 PM

No problem with that website.

More info here: http://bitcoin.bitshare.cm/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:52:57 PM

No problem with that website.

More info here: http://bitcoin.bitshare.cm/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128

I noticed it appears to be legit based on search results.  However, seriously, spamming people (probably from a harvested email address from a leak somewhere) and then saying "copyright Bitcoin" and giving a washington DC address?

Huh

Something wrong with this picture.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:05:35 PM

many people put copyright bitcoin in their fake websites. yet they dont even attempt to realize that they cannot own the copyright.

its one of those basement dwellers attempts to look official because all they think is needed to look official is the word copyright beside a word. they think somehow it will make people fooled into thinking they not only own the word, but they also went through the process to get ownership.

i am all for innovation, entrepreneurialism, and starting business without needing as much red tape. but to pretend you done the red tape stuff when its clearly the fact that they are lazy and liars.. then i do not call that innovation, just pure laziness.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:11:10 PM

SCAM INCOMING

I can't find a 201 North Street in Washington, D.C. on Google maps.

If you put your BTC in those "shorter addresses", something tells me they are pretty much stolen. Humm...

Roll Eyes

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:43:28 PM

SCAM INCOMING

If you put your BTC in those "shorter addresses", something tells me they are pretty much stolen. Humm...

Roll Eyes

no one can steal your coins by only putting your public key into the service.. but the scam part is not the shortener part.. its the other feature, the address generator.. DO NOT make a new privkey/public key using their site. and definetly do not put funds into the privkey generated using their site..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:02:05 PM

SCAM INCOMING

Roll Eyes

no one can steal your coins by only putting your public key into the service.. but the scam part is not the shortener part.. its the other feature, the address generator.. DO NOT make a new privkey/public key using their site. and definetly do not put funds into the privkey generated using their site..

I meant if you put your BTC in their address generated shorter addresses.  Wink

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: