Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kick-off Discussion: Existing Forum Temperature Check + Criticism  (Read 4257 times)
taesup

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:49:59 AM

Hey Gweedo,

The Github repo for the auction system has actually been public for awhile. I'm sure if you look through the Slickage profile on Github you'll find it. It's currently called Adness-API. There's also an Adness-Web for the SPA version of  the auction system. We haven't really started work on that section yet. We wanted to get the noscript version out first since that covers all users. As Wangbus said, we're finishing up right now and not taking in an issues or pull request yet. We want to finalize the alpha version before we do that.

https://github.com/slickage/adness-api

I am a Epochtalk (New Forum Software) Developer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:54:14 PM

Hey Gweedo,

The Github repo for the auction system has actually been public for awhile. I'm sure if you look through the Slickage profile on Github you'll find it. It's currently called Adness-API. There's also an Adness-Web for the SPA version of  the auction system. We haven't really started work on that section yet. We wanted to get the noscript version out first since that covers all users. As Wangbus said, we're finishing up right now and not taking in an issues or pull request yet. We want to finalize the alpha version before we do that.

https://github.com/slickage/adness-api

3 month is all you have is an api? You got to be kidding, this is a joke... 3 Months for an api, I build apis in less than 2-4 days. Come on guys you have $350k spend a little more time or hire another developer to help you. This is honestly the saddest thing ever.
Wangbus (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:29:38 AM

You're right, but this repo is more than an API. It's misnamed because we were originally going to split things up more in multiple repositories. We decided we need to put this into a single repo instead for the following reasons:

1. Integration with the original forum requires some shim work that we did. You're totally right about not needing the data. And obviously our whole idea is to steal your data and sell it. (/sarcasm)
2. Supporting noscript is a big goal for us. Javascript in the browser isn't for everyone and I believe that information needs to be concise and not filled with unnecessary UI fluff.

This is my last response to you until you decide to be helpful and positive about the project. Before you insult our skills, take a look at our work and if you want to correct us in ANY way, please feel free to send over a pull request and we will evaluate it in a thread for EVERYONE to see and decide what's better. Open source means we are open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Learn to contribute so that you can matter.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:47:19 AM

You're right, but this repo is more than an API. It's misnamed because we were originally going to split things up more in multiple repositories. We decided we need to put this into a single repo instead for the following reasons:

1. Integration with the original forum requires some shim work that we did. You're totally right about not needing the data. And obviously our whole idea is to steal your data and sell it. (/sarcasm)
2. Supporting noscript is a big goal for us. Javascript in the browser isn't for everyone and I believe that information needs to be concise and not filled with unnecessary UI fluff.

This is my last response to you until you decide to be helpful and positive about the project. Before you insult our skills, take a look at our work and if you want to correct us in ANY way, please feel free to send over a pull request and we will evaluate it in a thread for EVERYONE to see and decide what's better. Open source means we are open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Learn to contribute so that you can matter.

I am correcting you in how poorly this whole thing was handled and how sad all you have is barely anything to show (I loaded this on my dev machine half of it didn't even work Wink ). I would love to starting code and help you guys out, how much are you going to pay me for my time?
Wangbus (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:05:32 AM

If you have good contributions maybe it's a possibility in the future. Because we have gone off-topic and features and things are starting to show up in different threads. Let's do that. Create a thread for suggestions or features.

This thread is closed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: