Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:24:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on cheap raffles  (Read 264 times)
DaveF (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6269

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 11:38:55 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

So I have done spend a buck win a penny raffle and they have worked out OK, because whats a buck to win something that is worth a fair amount.

I have a few things that are in the $5 range that I was thinking of putting up the same way. But...that is 16 transactions for 0.000070 that just seems to be a waste of fees. Because I do not think a raffle for a $5 item will sell a lot of $1 tickets. Could be wrong I'll start later today anyway with a something worth more then $5 and keep working my way down.

So so you think it's better to just keep it at a buck? Offer LTC or some cheaper coins?

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 01:52:42 PM

So I have done spend a buck win a penny raffle and they have worked out OK, because whats a buck to win something that is worth a fair amount.

I have a few things that are in the $5 range that I was thinking of putting up the same way. But...that is 16 transactions for 0.000070 that just seems to be a waste of fees. Because I do not think a raffle for a $5 item will sell a lot of $1 tickets. Could be wrong I'll start later today anyway with a something worth more then $5 and keep working my way down.

So so you think it's better to just keep it at a buck? Offer LTC or some cheaper coins?

-Dave

I was about to say ltc for the fees would do better for basically anything wether its half a dollar or 5 the price per ticket, I always say btc fees are outrageous and out of it's initial purpose. I did see the raffle btw looked cool Smiley.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 02:50:24 PM

Optimal would be for everyone to use something like Lightning network to be able to send those small amounts and not get lost due to fees.

And logistically, value of anything less than $5 would be eclipsed by the postage cost.

Maybe off a few $5 items...

Thanks
Perhaps tracking would be rendered unnecesary when talking 1-5$ objects, that would render the shipping to around 2$ I believe.

I never used LN I heard it's centralization and stayed far away but I still love the idea of it.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
DaveF (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 03:17:44 PM

The problem with LN for the moment is I would have to generate invoices for everyone.
And there are a lot of people who do not use it.

Probably just going to keep giving the LTC option for now.

Not doing tracking for the cheap stuff at the moment since USPS has basically said that they are no longer trying to get signatures and scanning has become sporadic.
I just got a package dropped for me with no scan & no sig. I could be an ass if I wanted to and claim non delivery but that's not my style.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
geophphreigh
Legendary

Activity: 1243
Merit: 1074

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 03:33:02 PM

Alternative options:
Multi item raffle increases the value of the raffle and therefore the ticket price per person
Reduce the available slots from 16 to 10 or double the entry price but give 2 spots (1 payment buys 2 slots).
Require Geophphreigh pay for all the spots.
Free entry  Cheesy

Love the raffles DaveF, don't give up now!

anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 03:45:18 PM
Merited by Mitchell (3)

The problem with LN for the moment is I would have to generate invoices for everyone.

Not doing tracking for the cheap stuff at the moment since USPS has basically said that they are no longer trying to get signatures and scanning has become sporadic.
I just got a package dropped for me with no scan & no sig. I could be an ass if I wanted to and claim non delivery but that's not my style.

-Dave

If LTC is the only option, it will not be able to be listed in collectibles as people need to have a BTC option for payment.  I'd recommend multiple items and just use BTC.  Don't overthink this.  It's not that difficult.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 03:49:27 PM

16 spots
$1 each spot
Item worth $5

Doesn't make sense people usually buy 2/3/4 spots

Maybe 16 spots
$1 each spot
Item worth 12ish (lol)
DaveF (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Alternative options:

Require Geophphreigh pay for all the spots.

Love the raffles DaveF, don't give up now!

OK, Feel free :-)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5241324

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 06:03:06 PM

-Dave

If LTC is the only option, it will not be able to be listed in collectibles as people need to have a BTC option for payment.  I'd recommend multiple items and just use BTC.  Don't overthink this.  It's not that difficult.
I didn't know that, I thought there were auctions and sales done specifically on a currency other than btc, xmr/ltc as far as I remember, but perhaps was some btc option too to make it legal if you say so.

SatsLife

Activity: 794
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 04:07:23 PM

Try using SatsApp from Casa. You can send Sats to a username, or $@Satstag they call it.

So you could just post your satstag for payment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: